PDA

View Full Version : Obama to Personally Fund Museum of Muslim Culture

hcap
10-07-2013, 09:11 AM
http://www.salon.com/2013/10/06/according_to_fox_news_president_obama_is_financing _a_museum_of_muslim_culture/

Defending its perch atop of what Jon Stewart affectionately refers to as Bullsh-t Mountain, on Saturday Fox falsely reported that President Barack Obama is using his personal funds to construct a museum devoted to Muslim culture.

Via Snopes.com, MediaMatters notes that Kooiman’s “information” comes from The National Report, a satirical Web site whose articles “are fiction, and presumably fake news,” according to a former disclaimer.
/V-bHEF6goF4?f

“The Republican National Committee is offering to pay for it to keep it open so that the veterans from Honor Flight are going to be able to go and see this because who did it honor? It honored them. It really doesn’t seem fair, especially — and we’re going to talk a little bit later in the show too about some things that are continuing to be funded. And President Obama has offered to pay out of his own pocket for the museum of Muslim culture out of his own pocket, yet it’s the Republican National Committee who’s paying for this.”

Saratoga_Mike
10-07-2013, 09:25 AM
hcap,

You're offended by Muslim Culture?

hcap
10-07-2013, 09:30 AM
hcap,

You're offended by Muslim Culture?
Only Faux Noos and their Islamophobia obviously designed to captivate some of their viewers and imply Obama is a Muslim/Muslim sympathizer.

Read the article I linked to. Fox lifted their facts from bullshit.

hcap
10-07-2013, 09:37 AM
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/10/06/fox-hosts-fall-for-hoax-obama-personally-funding-muslim-museum-during-shutdown/

....The source of this claim came from the satirical website National Report, which mocks news coverage much like The Onion does.

ArlJim78
10-07-2013, 09:39 AM
after everything that has happened if you don't think Obama identifies with, promotes, and defends Muslims above other faiths/cults you should have your head examined by a professional. every single executive agency has an active Muslim outreach program that began under Obama.

hcap
10-07-2013, 09:44 AM
after everything that has happened if you don't think Obama identifies with, promotes, and defends Muslims above other faiths/cults you should have your head examined by a professional. every single executive agency has an active Muslim outreach program that began under Obama.My mental health care professional is a Muslim. I s that allowed?. :lol: :lol:
I'll make an appointment immediately.

Meanwhile might be a good idea to check your Islamophobia at the door.

tucker6
10-07-2013, 09:48 AM
My mental health care professional is a Muslim. I s that allowed?. :lol: :lol:

Meanwhile might be a good idea to check your Islamophobia at the door.
Actually Jim is correct. Does this mean that everyone is a islamophobe that doesn't partake in your misinformation?

hcap
10-07-2013, 09:53 AM
Actually Jim is correct. Does this mean that everyone is a islamophobe that doesn't partake in your misinformation?But why even mention it unless you think Obama inordinately FAVORS Islam over all faiths as ArlJim78 obviously does?

after everything that has happened if you don't think Obama identifies with, promotes, and defends Muslims above other faiths/cults you should have your head examined by a professional. every single executive agency has an active Muslim outreach program that began under Obama.
Maybe you would like to comment on the bold-ed excerpt?

tucker6
10-07-2013, 10:04 AM
But why even mention it unless you think Obama inordinately FAVORS Islam over all faiths as ArlJim78 obviously does?
Maybe you would like to comment on the bold-ed excerpt?
I personally believe Obama is an Atheist who only went to church to further his career goals. That stuff happens quite a bit. I don't believe he favors muslims, but I do believe his outreach program with them is misguided. Don't get me wrong. Outreach is always positive, but I don't believe it will amount to what Obama hopes the program will do in reality. We shall see I guess. Call me very skeptical.

hcap
10-07-2013, 10:15 AM
That may be, but don't tell me Fox and ArlJim78 do not suffer from pangs of Islamophobia.

johnhannibalsmith
10-07-2013, 10:40 AM
I personally believe Obama is an Atheist who only went to church to further his career goals. ...

Indeed.

Robert Goren
10-07-2013, 10:52 AM
I personally believe Obama is an Atheist who only went to church to further his career goals. That stuff happens quite a bit. I don't believe he favors muslims, but I do believe his outreach program with them is misguided. Don't get me wrong. Outreach is always positive, but I don't believe it will amount to what Obama hopes the program will do in reality. We shall see I guess. Call me very skeptical. As an Atheist, Obama would be right at home here. Several posters have admit to being either Atheist or Agnostics over the years. It seems a lot of gamblers are.

PaceAdvantage
10-07-2013, 12:20 PM
That may be, but don't tell me Fox and ArlJim78 do not suffer from pangs of Islamophobia.When people get all riled up that Obama is mistaken for a Muslim, is that not a form of Islamophobia?

Of course it is...thus you and all the left-leaners who get bent out of shape when "righty whitey" mistakenly thinks Obama is a Muslim, are just as guilty of Islamophobia.

If you weren't Islamophobic, you would have no trouble with Obama being called a Muslim.

Thus ends today's lesson in hypocrisy.

Clocker
10-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Several posters have admit to being either Atheist or Agnostics over the years.

Were they read their Miranda rights first before pleading guilty? :eek:

Robert Goren
10-07-2013, 12:27 PM
When people get all riled up that Obama is mistaken for a Muslim, is that not a form of Islamophobia?

Of course it is...thus you and all the left-leaners who get bent out of shape when "righty whitey" mistakenly thinks Obama is a Muslim, are just as guilty of Islamophobia.

If you weren't Islamophobic, you would have no trouble with Obama being called a Muslim.

Thus ends today's lesson in hypocrisy.Maybe we just believe in truth in advertising.

Clocker
10-07-2013, 12:38 PM
Obama is neither a Muslim nor an atheist nor a mainstream Christian. He spent 20 years attending church with his spiritual mentor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright. Wright is nationally acknowledged as a leading force in Black Liberation Theology, and Obama learned his lessons well.

Majors factors that distinguish Black Liberation Theology from mainstream Christianity are strong beliefs in social justice and collective salvation, and the need to apply those principles in the secular world as well as the spiritual. Those principles are the foundation of Obama's beliefs in a welfare state and in the redistribution of wealth. Collective salvation in the spiritual realm translates into the rich paying their "fair share" in the secular realm. You won't find that stuff in the Koran.

Tom
10-07-2013, 02:55 PM
He spend 20 years listening to a racist.
Yes, he learned his lesson well.

mostpost
10-07-2013, 04:24 PM
When people get all riled up that Obama is mistaken for a Muslim, is that not a form of Islamophobia?

Thus ends today's lesson in hypocrisy.
You mean thus ends today's lesson in cluelessness, your cluelessness.
I get upset when people falsely accuse Obama of being a Muslim. The reason is that those people are making the accusation as a means of disparaging not only Obama but also Islam. Those people consider Islam and terrorism to be interchangeable. All terrorists are Muslims. All Muslims are terrorists.

When the crazy right says Obama is a secret Muslim, they do mean he practices that religion as millions do without animus towards others, they mean that he is a terrorist.

Regardless of what the accusation is, if someone is accused of being something they are not, the accusation is made to harm that person. Accusing a Protestant of being a Roman Catholic in Northern Ireland is defamatory to that Protestant, even though their is nothing inherently wrong with being a Roman Catholic. Accusing a Chicagoan living on the north side of the city of being a White Sox fan is defamatory to that Chicagoan even though there is definitely wrong with being a White Sox fan.

hcap
10-07-2013, 04:47 PM
Only in the rightie Bizzaro Universe now home to many repugs and TeePeers.

http://www.karmamole.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/bizarroworld.jpg

hcap
10-07-2013, 04:50 PM
Ted Cruz, hero.....

http://chinadivide.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/bizarro-superman-upside-down-american-flag.jpg

PaceAdvantage
10-07-2013, 08:28 PM
I get upset when people falsely accuse Obama of being a Muslim. The reason is that those people are making the accusation as a means of disparaging not only Obama but also Islam. Those people consider Islam and terrorism to be interchangeable. All terrorists are Muslims. All Muslims are terrorists.

When the crazy right says Obama is a secret Muslim, they do mean he practices that religion as millions do without animus towards others, they mean that he is a terrorist.

Regardless of what the accusation is, if someone is accused of being something they are not, the accusation is made to harm that person. Accusing a Protestant of being a Roman Catholic in Northern Ireland is defamatory to that Protestant, even though their is nothing inherently wrong with being a Roman Catholic. Accusing a Chicagoan living on the north side of the city of being a White Sox fan is defamatory to that Chicagoan even though there is definitely wrong with being a White Sox fan.Nice spin, as always, but clueless to the hilt.

To the Protestant, there most definitely IS something inherently wrong with being Catholic, etc.

Just like there IS something inherently wrong with being Muslim, according to BOTH the person doing the accusing of Obama, and the sycophant desperately trying to make sure NOBODY is under such false impression of our President's religious background.

You can spin it any way you wish, but that doesn't make it true.

Robert Goren
10-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Nice spin, as always, but clueless to the hilt.

To the Protestant, there most definitely IS something inherently wrong with being Catholic, etc.

Just like there IS something inherently wrong with being Muslim, according to BOTH the person doing the accusing of Obama, and the sycophant desperately trying to make sure NOBODY is under such false impression of our President's religious background.

You can spin it any way you wish, but that doesn't make it true.The people accusing Obama of being a Muslim think so. They aren't accusing him of being a Muslim because they like either him or Muslims.

PaceAdvantage
10-07-2013, 08:47 PM
The people accusing Obama of being a Muslim think so. They aren't accusing him of being a Muslim because they like either him or Muslims.Ummm...yeah...I believe I stated such in my reply that you quoted...

But the people jumping to Obama's defense and becoming hysterical over the accusation obviously think there is something WRONG with being thought of as a Muslim too. If not, they wouldn't be freaking out...

That's my whole point. And that's what makes them hypocrites.

HUSKER55
10-07-2013, 09:46 PM
BO went to a church that prayed "god damn America".

How else would anyone, of reasonably good character, interpret that?

hcap
10-07-2013, 10:41 PM

How else would anyone, of reasonably good character, interpret that?Source?

Pleas excuse an arrogant little man from requiring verification.

jballscalls
10-07-2013, 11:09 PM
Source?

Pleas excuse an arrogant little man from requiring verification.

there's lots of video of him saying it. of course, because someone says something, once, twice or even a few more times doesn't mean they "prayed saying it" as indicated above. But it was certainly said and videotaped

hcap
10-07-2013, 11:17 PM
Obama or Wright?

Tom
10-07-2013, 11:38 PM
Obama or Wright?

Clark Kent or Superman.
Not much difference.
How could he sit in that church for 20 years and NOT know????

Tom
10-07-2013, 11:40 PM
OH, and that "report" from FOX, was NOT a news story, but a comment made by a bimbo on the curvy couch on an entertainment show, the equivalent of Al Roker saying something.

NJ Stinks
10-07-2013, 11:48 PM

How else would anyone, of reasonably good character, interpret that?

Wright was talking about blacks being enslaved and Indians being treated like crap amongst other things. Anyone of reasonably good character could understand his frustration. No?

Robert Goren
10-08-2013, 12:08 AM
Clark Kent or Superman.
Not much difference.
How could he sit in that church for 20 years and NOT know???? I have a Methodist for lot longer than 20 years and I don't agree with the church on everything. Do you agree with your church on everything?

LottaKash
10-08-2013, 12:16 AM
The people accusing Obama of being a Muslim think so. They aren't accusing him of being a Muslim because they like either him or Muslims.

You see how we've progressed in our thinking these days....

Since when is making light of a person's religious beliefs an "Accusation".....?

Ok then, I accuse you of "Methodism"....See how silly that accusation is ?...

So what... In reality, nobody really gives a chit anyway.. :jump:

Robert Goren
10-08-2013, 12:37 AM
You see how we've progressed in our thinking these days....

Since when is making light of a person's religious beliefs an "Accusation".....?

Ok then, I accuse you of "Methodism"....See how silly that accusation is ?...

So what... In reality, nobody really gives a chit anyway.. :jump: Actually I have some friends who think being a Methodist is akin to being a commie and have been trying to convert me to a different religion for some time now. They care quite a bit about my religion as do I. It is matter of Grace. It is silly only if you don't believe.

newtothegame
10-08-2013, 12:58 AM

Regardless of what the accusation is, if someone is accused of being something they are not, the accusation is made to harm that person. Accusing a Protestant of being a Roman Catholic in Northern Ireland is defamatory to that Protestant, even though their is nothing inherently wrong with being a Roman Catholic. Accusing a Chicagoan living on the north side of the city of being a White Sox fan is defamatory to that Chicagoan even though there is definitely wrong with being a White Sox fan.

speaking of cluelessness,
You had absolutely no problem calling me and a few others here disparaging remarks a while back with absolutely no proff to back it up.....didnt stop you!
So why should you be concerened about anyone calling Obama something (even if they lack proof)????

Like Mike said...hypocrit!

newtothegame
10-08-2013, 01:01 AM
there's lots of video of him saying it. of course, because someone says something, once, twice or even a few more times doesn't mean they "prayed saying it" as indicated above. But it was certainly said and videotaped

Considering Michelle, said after all those years in those pews with Rev Wright, that she was "finally proud of America" (after her hubby was elected), has to say something to her mindset for twenty plus years ....wouldnt you think???

Robert Goren
10-08-2013, 01:10 AM
Considering Michelle, said after all those years in those pews with Rev Wright, that she was "finally proud of America" (after her hubby was elected), has to say something to her mindset for twenty plus years ....wouldnt you think???Are you proud of the fact that America once allowed slavery? Or are you more proud of the fact that a lot of Americans fought to end it?

newtothegame
10-08-2013, 02:09 AM
Are you proud of the fact that America once allowed slavery? Or are you more proud of the fact that a lot of Americans fought to end it?

Nice try!!! Im not going to let you hijack a thread.....
The thread is about Obama's religeous or lack there of beliefs......

JustRalph
10-08-2013, 04:58 AM
Are you proud of the fact that America once allowed slavery? Or are you more proud of the fact that a lot of Americans fought to end it?

Slavery still continues. I suggest you get on a plane and get to work.

rastajenk
10-08-2013, 07:20 AM
OH, and that "report" from FOX, was NOT a news story, but a comment made by a bimbo on the curvy couch on an entertainment show, the equivalent of Al Roker saying something.Yeah, I thought this thread was going to be about Faux Noos, not O's religious proclivities. In which case the proper response would be to collect a bunch of examples from CNN and MSNBC that reveal that Journalism in the 21st Century ain't what it used to be. :p Oh, they're out there all right.

Tom
10-08-2013, 07:29 AM
I have a Methodist for lot longer than 20 years and I don't agree with the church on everything. Do you agree with your church on everything?

If they started preaching racism, I would walk out.

hcap
10-08-2013, 07:35 AM
Yeah, I thought this thread was going to be about Faux Noos, not O's religious proclivities. In which case the proper response would be to collect a bunch of examples from CNN and MSNBC that reveal that Journalism in the 21st Century ain't what it used to be. :p Oh, they're out there all right.I actually agree with you. It is also about this boards' uncritical acceptance of right wing conspiracy theories. Go ahead and see if MNSBC has surpassed Faux. I doubt it as there are more bimbos with teased hair and teased everything else reading prepared anti-Obama diatribes, than the number of bimbos on MSNBC reading anti-Teepeer diatribes that fall for obviously satirical crapola stories.

rastajenk
10-08-2013, 07:38 AM
"Has surpassed?" They started out with a 50-year headstart. :D

hcap
10-08-2013, 08:25 AM
I will give Faux credit for the number of blathering male idiots and vacuous female Bimbos.

I can enjoy watching dumb Bimbo types-like Michelle Malkin protest everything liberal without giving what she says the least bit of credibility. :)

Tom
10-08-2013, 09:11 AM
I doubt it as there are more bimbos with teased hair and teased everything else reading prepared anti-Obama diatribes, than the number of bimbos on MSNBC reading anti-Teepeer diatribes that fall for obviously satirical crapola stories.

At PMSNBC and CNN, they wag their tails a lot!
And if you ever watch the cross fire segment on CNN, that Bimbo that moderates - she laughs at the right side panelists nad argues with them. Talk about biased.

HUSKER55
10-08-2013, 10:42 AM
amen to that

jballscalls
10-08-2013, 10:47 AM
I can't believe people still use the term "bimbo"

Clocker
10-08-2013, 10:59 AM
I can't believe people still use the term "bimbo"
It's a politically correct left-wing euphemism for "slut". Got to keep the war on women out of sight.

jballscalls
10-08-2013, 11:01 AM
It's a politically correct left-wing euphemism for "slut". Got to keep the war on women out of sight.

both are massively sexist terms and should be taken out of our vocabularies IMO.

Tom
10-08-2013, 11:56 AM
Mr. and Mrs. are sexist terms, too.

How about we use airheads - gender neutral. :rolleyes:

hcap
10-08-2013, 04:15 PM
At least it was nothing more misogynist. I could have used like "slut" or "bitch" Both have been bandied about here, but there is no war on women on the left. That's righty territory. Ask women voters

And if I offended any one I apologize. But I see no reason to not use bimbo. Btw, Bimbo was Betty Boop's dog. :)

tucker6
10-08-2013, 04:22 PM
At least it was nothing more misogynist. I could have used like "slut" or "bitch" Both have been bandied about here, but there is no war on women on the left. That's righty territory. Ask women voters

And if I offended any one I apologize. But I see no reason to not use bimbo. Btw, Bimbo was Betty Boop's dog. :)
personally, I thought her dog was a real bitch.

hcap
10-08-2013, 04:43 PM
personally, I thought her dog was a real bitch.Some say similar things about Hillary and Michele. Guess from whence those comments arise? :)

Tom
10-09-2013, 08:40 AM
That's righty territory. Ask women voters

Last time I looked, it was DEMS who are restricting access to mammograms, not righties. That is another of a list of lies you libs keep repeating hoping the LIV will buy as fact.

BlueShoe
10-15-2013, 02:48 PM
My mental health care professional is a Muslim.
Obama is practicing psycology on the side? :eek:

hcap
10-15-2013, 05:52 PM
Way back in post #6 I joked:My mental health care professional is a Muslim. I s that allowed?. :lol: :lol:

Meanwhile might be a good idea to check your Islamophobia at the door. You challenge me to remember the 2 LOL's I also included over 1 week ago.

Anyway is having a Mufim analyst allowed? Or should I call Jack Bauer to question Sahud properly? :cool:

Valuist
10-17-2013, 01:56 PM
Actually Jim is correct. Does this mean that everyone is a islamophobe that doesn't partake in your misinformation?

Yes it does. Just like every person who disagrees with Obama is a racist.