PDA

View Full Version : Tip of the Hat to Caixa Electronica

JustRalph
10-07-2013, 04:57 AM
69 Starts 23 Wins 9 Places 11 3rds

over 1.8 million in earnings now.

I was updating my databases late tonight and noticed this horse won again.

I watched the race replay and this 100k race setup perfectly for this horse that's almost 9 years old. I know he won a ton of money in the million dollar Charlestown Classic last year,,,,,but you have to admit this is a hard knocking horse who is always interesting to watch.

http://www.nyra.com/belmont/videos/20131006/7/

jahura2
10-07-2013, 08:38 AM
Good catch Ralph. I have always appreciated this horse.Being a fan of this sport is not ALWAYS about wagerin but appreciating the athleticism and heart of a truly competitive race horse. I actually had no idea Caixa had so many starts and with Pletcher training him I am actually surprised he has held up this long.

classhandicapper
10-07-2013, 08:42 AM
I know he's still running well, but I hope they have a spot reserved for him at Old Friends that he can occupy before he goes bad.

CincyHorseplayer
10-07-2013, 08:56 AM
I could have sworn I saw this old guy in a 1st race of the day at Toga this summer in for a 50k tag,which he won.After winning a grade 2 last year.Guess they just needed to get him right.Tough old bird.I remember getting 9/2 on him in an early spring stakes at Aqueduct.He was the lone presser and everybody was betting 4yo Caleb's Posse,who I knew was going to be short at 6f off a layoff.It was like stealing!

Saratoga_Mike
10-07-2013, 09:26 AM
I know he's still running well, but I hope they have a spot reserved for him at Old Friends that he can occupy before he goes bad.

His owner has cut some nice-size checks to TRF