PDA

View Full Version : 3 day Santa Anita Carryover

ronsmac
10-06-2013, 11:25 PM
I noticed Santa Anita has a 3 day carryover of 575k. I always remember Santa Anita's 3 day carryovers, especially if two of the days were Saturday and Sunday, always being close to , if not over 1 million dollars, am I right or is my memory failing me? I haven't followed So cal like I used to, so maybe this has been going on for a while at Santa Anita.

Some_One
10-07-2013, 12:14 AM
I thought 3X was the rule of thumb.

Hoofless_Wonder
10-07-2013, 12:57 AM
I noticed Santa Anita has a 3 day carryover of 575k. I always remember Santa Anita's 3 day carryovers, especially if two of the days were Saturday and Sunday, always being close to , if not over 1 million dollars, am I right or is my memory failing me? I haven't followed So cal like I used to, so maybe this has been going on for a while at Santa Anita.

You're numbers sound about right. Three days was a seven figure carryover, easy. I've got a DRF email alert for carryover pools over $100K. Used to get them for a single day carryover in Southern California, and sometimes New York. Very common five or six years ago.

I haven't seen a single day carryover hit six figures for many moons now...

Stillriledup
10-07-2013, 02:48 AM
Im guessing at least 2 million in new money because of the 3 full days to handicap, and another factor is that this pick 6 is hard, but not impossible, so, it can pay stacks, but its "hittable" for big bankrolled players.

ultracapper
10-09-2013, 01:10 AM
Del Mar more times than not will be a 6 figure carryover, even if the single day is Wednesday or Thursday.

This is a weak 3 day carryover. Didn't follow the progression of this one, but if somebody told me Friday, Saturday, Sunday carryover at Oak Tree 5 years ago, I would have thought $80,000-$250,000-$1,000,000.

Santa Anita has kind of made a mess of this "time slot". I know I was always comfortable with the Oak Tree meet and the stakes schedule they had engrained into the Breeder's Cup build up. Something doesn't feel the same about Santa Anita fall as it did Oak Tree Santa Anita, though it's pretty much the same program. As solid as Del Mar was this summer, the pools at Santa Anita the first couple weeks have seemed Hollywood like during the betting. I know there has been a hell of a lot of late money in the WPS pools. There have been a couple races that I noted the pools just exploded the final 90 seconds before post.

ManU918
10-09-2013, 04:03 AM
No one bet into Santa Anita's pk6 on Friday because Belmont had a huge carryover which resulted in a pool of over 1.4 million. So the carryover going into Saturday at SA was very small... Something like 26k.

ultracapper
10-09-2013, 05:02 PM
Im guessing at least 2 million in new money because of the 3 full days to handicap, and another factor is that this pick 6 is hard, but not impossible, so, it can pay stacks, but its "hittable" for big bankrolled players.

I finished handicapping the 6th this morning, and it's a classic spread race. It's brutal in my opinion.

ultracapper
10-09-2013, 05:11 PM
No one bet into Santa Anita's pk6 on Friday because Belmont had a huge carryover which resulted in a pool of over 1.4 million. So the carryover going into Saturday at SA was very small... Something like 26k.

And there you have it. It's grown pretty well from that start point then.

ultracapper
10-09-2013, 06:11 PM
Just a heads up for those playing the P6 at Santa Anita tomorrow. I've been handicapping the 8th, and the "closer look" comments entered by Brian Mulligan aren't accurate in some instances. I can tell it's pretty obvious he didn't watch, or review replays of, races a number of these entrants were in by the inaccurate comments he's made in a few of the "closer looks". He's not going to be much help in this race if you consult, or rely on the accuracy, of his closer look comments. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he's not intentionally being inaccurate in order to mislead handicappers. I prefer to consider his efforts in this race to be lazy rather than fraudulent.

Stillriledup
10-09-2013, 06:26 PM
Just a heads up for those playing the P6 at Santa Anita tomorrow. I've been handicapping the 8th, and the "closer look" comments entered by Brian Mulligan aren't accurate in some instances. I can tell it's pretty obvious he didn't watch, or review replays of, races a number of these entrants were in by the inaccurate comments he's made in a few of the "closer looks". He's not going to be much help in this race if you consult, or rely on the accuracy, of his closer look comments. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he's not intentionally being inaccurate in order to mislead handicappers. I prefer to consider his efforts in this race to be lazy rather than fraudulent.

Looks like the 1 and 4 tower over the field with a small shot to the 9 and maybe a smaller shot to the 12. I would imagine most smaller tickets will be 2 deep into the last race.

ultracapper
10-10-2013, 05:25 AM
Looks like the 1 and 4 tower over the field with a small shot to the 9 and maybe a smaller shot to the 12. I would imagine most smaller tickets will be 2 deep into the last race.

It's an interesting race. The :4: has just been an awful gate horse and she's been head strong in all of her races. That's why she's been weak in the lane. She didn't record a work for a month after her last, so I wonder if Mullins was able to do a lot of gate work with her, and wondering if Orozco was out there working with her. I wouldn't be looking for an apprentice to be riding my gate problem, head strong filly in the afternoon if he hadn't been spending time with her in the morning. I've never been a fan of Arapahoe losers shipping into Santa Anita either. Her 5th jock in 5 races. Lot of questions about this one, but one thing is for sure, she does have a solid turn of foot. She has a couple gears, that's for certain. After having said all that, she wouldn't be a shock, but she's not my kind of play.

If Puype has figured out what he wants from the :9: , she makes tons of sense. She had a brutal trip in her last, and could have come out of it shaken. However she was right back at it in the morning 2 weeks later, and she's trained well from the looks of it. I'm happy he skipped the fair with her and got her ready for a try at Santa Anita, and though I'm no Espinoza fan, the move to him rings of seriousness, and he fits her. She's a must on the multi-race tickets, and very well may be the play in this race.

Still gotta dig into the :1: a little deeper. The :3: and :8: caught my eye a bit so I don't want to commit to anything until I check into them a little deeper also. I know that the :8: is progressing, but I don't really believe she's there yet. She will win sometime, somewhere. There is a field out there that when she puts it all together, she can beat. I like this field the way it's composed, so I hope it stays intact. I'd really hate to see the :13: get in. Would change the whole dynamics of this race.

Of all of them I didn't mention, it will be really, really, really interesting to see if Gomez actually takes the call on the :11: as listed in the DRF. Whatever her problem was the first 2 races, Miller seemed to get it under control in her last. She had a killer work Aug 31 before that disaster 8Sep13 at the fair, and obviously Miller was surprised by it because he had her right back out there 6 days later for a much improved effort. She's worked well also.

It's an interesting race, and there's more going on here than a quick first glance might suggest. Though the :1: and :4: look like safe choices at first glance, I wouldn't get too freaked if they got beat.

Fingal
10-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Just a FYI to anyone actually planing to go out to SA today-

http://www.santaanita.com/promotion/2013/2-quick-pick-pick-6

$2 Quick Pick for the Pick 6

Celebrating Santa Anita's massive Pick 6 Carryover of $575,466 all fans that arrive between 11:00am and 1:45pm on Thursday, October 10 will receive a free* $2 Quick Pick for the Pick 6. The pool should exceed $2,000,000 so you could go home a huge winner. Official Rules
*All fans with paid Admission. This is an on-track promotion only. Will only be distributed between 11:00am and 1:45pm (PST).

ultracapper
10-10-2013, 02:32 PM
Gomez is off the :11: in the 8th. Martin Garcia up. Very happy to see that. Field stayed intact. :13: stays in the barn. I like where this is going. Giggity.

Si2see
10-10-2013, 11:01 PM
Anyone here hit it ?

JustRalph
10-10-2013, 11:12 PM
14k for that chalkfest is incredible

Si2see
10-10-2013, 11:17 PM
Yeah tell me about it. I had 5/6 on $32 wager. Missed the 7th race. People should think that was a gift 14k