PDA

View Full Version : Romo the magician.

Stillriledup
10-06-2013, 04:54 PM
Incredible play with 5:50 remaining in the 1st quarter, Romo to Whitten, Tony was scrambling for his life and somehow got a pass to Whitten who made a great catch, probably one of the top 5 plays of the day on sportscenter tonight for sure.

I've always said that Romo is better when he's not thinking, he seems to be really good when he's running for his life and just improvising.

cj
10-06-2013, 06:06 PM
There is only one magician on that field today at QB, and he isn't wearing a star.

Stillriledup
10-06-2013, 06:09 PM
The play i'm talking about is a play the guy with the horseshoe (or the horse in this case) can't ever make in a million years.

Zydeco
10-06-2013, 06:12 PM
There is only one magician on that field today at QB, and he isn't wearing a star.

But he keeps crossing the star in the middle of the field..lol

tucker6
10-06-2013, 06:12 PM
The play i'm talking about is a play the guy with the horseshoe (or the horse in this case) can't ever make in a million years.
People remember winners long after they play. I'll let you figure out which QB in that game I'm talking about.

Zydeco
10-06-2013, 06:15 PM
and he just crossed the star again

Stillriledup
10-06-2013, 06:33 PM
People remember winners long after they play. I'll let you figure out which QB in that game I'm talking about.

What does this have to do with the original post?

cj
10-06-2013, 06:38 PM

I saw the play...big deal, it was a good play. Unfortunately for Dallas fans, this "magician" does more disappearing acts.

Stillriledup
10-06-2013, 06:45 PM
I saw the play...big deal, it was a good play. Unfortunately for Dallas fans, this "magician" does more disappearing acts.

Maybe if the owner wasnt the GM and did all the drafting and hiring brainless "yes men" type head coaches, this magician would have had more success? He's kinda going toe to toe with the great one. Buckle up.

Zydeco
10-06-2013, 06:49 PM
Wow..the magician just scored again. SRU's magician. down by only 5....he can pull this out of the hat

tucker6
10-06-2013, 06:50 PM
What does this have to do with the original post?
see post #8

Stillriledup
10-06-2013, 06:51 PM
Wow..the magician just scored again. SRU's magician. down by only 5....he can pull this out of the hat

My Magician is kinda putting it on the great one today, in the passing yds dept, still a quarter to go to find out who's better.

:D

wiffleball whizz
10-06-2013, 06:57 PM
This could be romos 1 shining moment here

I think Dallas buries manning here on this drive.....rabid dogs

wiffleball whizz
10-06-2013, 07:13 PM
Game of the year

cj
10-06-2013, 07:16 PM
Maybe if the owner wasnt the GM and did all the drafting and hiring brainless "yes men" type head coaches, this magician would have had more success? He's kinda going toe to toe with the great one. Buckle up.

He is playing great...just that I've seen this act before. Come December it will fizzle out...and road games too.

wiffleball whizz
10-06-2013, 07:18 PM
He is playing great...just that I've seen this act before. Come December it will fizzle out...and road games too.

Romo is like David copperfield in road games......disappears at any moment!!

cj
10-06-2013, 07:23 PM
This is a game for the ages.

Zydeco
10-06-2013, 07:29 PM
This is a game for the ages.
this is a good game.

cj
10-06-2013, 07:30 PM
Only "The Magician" could taint such a great performance with a costly, late interception. Surer thing than Secretariat in the Belmont.

Clocker
10-06-2013, 07:31 PM
Romo is like David copperfield in road games......disappears at any moment!!

I think he just crawled under the home carpet.

cj
10-06-2013, 07:32 PM
Don't do a Tennessee, kill the clock and take the FG!

wiffleball whizz
10-06-2013, 07:34 PM
How Dallas doesn't let them go in there so stupid

cj
10-06-2013, 07:36 PM
How Dallas doesn't let them go in there so stupid

Yep, should have let them in.

In Romo We Trust.

#stillamush

Stillriledup
10-06-2013, 07:43 PM
Yep, should have let them in.

In Romo We Trust.

#stillamush

That would have beem mushtacular on my part had i called Dallas the winner. Lucky for me, i was just talking about one individual effort. Too bad the Dallas D didnt let them score, Romo would have gotten the ball back and broke the all time passing record for yards and tied the game, we would still be playing.

Clocker
10-06-2013, 07:44 PM
Maybe if the owner wasnt the GM and did all the drafting and hiring brainless "yes men" type head coaches,

Love the shots of the owner's suite with all those "yes men" congratulating Jones every time "he" scores a TD.

cj
10-06-2013, 07:45 PM
That would have beem mushtacular on my part had i called Dallas the winner. Lucky for me, i was just talking about one individual effort. Too bad the Dallas D didnt let them score, Romo would have gotten the ball back and broke the all time passing record for yards and tied the game, we would still be playing.

More likely he fumbles while untouched, but it would have been fun to watch.

Romo will eventually be a verb in the dictionary.

tucker6
10-06-2013, 07:46 PM
In the end, it was Romo being Romo. Nothing magical about that. He played a good game, but can always be counted upon to have one or more brain freezes a game.

Stillriledup
10-06-2013, 07:48 PM
Love the shots of the owner's suite with all those "yes men" congratulating Jones every time "he" scores a TD.

Right? :D

Stillriledup
10-06-2013, 07:57 PM
Its too bad "Mr 506" threw that ball away at the end, he was less than 50 yards away from the all time passing record, i wanted to see him get the ball back in the "hurry up" offense at the end of the game down by 7.

That has always been Romo's problem, trying to be a "hero" and not staying within his game, trying to do too much and being too much of a "riverboat gambler".

cj's dad
10-06-2013, 08:47 PM
Short of the '58 NFL championship which I watched with my mom and dad as a 10 year old, this is the best game I have ever seen. Many are close but this is epic.

burnsy
10-06-2013, 08:52 PM
More likely he fumbles while untouched, but it would have been fun to watch.

Romo will eventually be a verb in the dictionary.

Hey! :lol: Did you see him "Romo" that pass in the 4th quarter?????? Whats even worse is in most games hes a great QB for 58 minutes or so. It only takes seconds to "Romo" up a game.

cj's dad
10-06-2013, 08:53 PM
I saw Namath and Unitas , as well as Bart Starr in person; these guys are so above that level that I am amazed at their ability.

wiffleball whizz
10-06-2013, 08:57 PM
I saw Namath and Unitas , as well as Bart Starr in person; these guys are so above that level that I am amazed at their ability.

Was the game on at f&m?

cj's dad
10-06-2013, 08:59 PM
Yes it was -- the whole bar was captivated. Absolutely great game !!!!

Was the game on at f&m?

magwell
10-06-2013, 10:57 PM
I saw Namath and Unitas , as well as Bart Starr in person; these guys are so above that level that I am amazed at their ability. I agree, and its the same in Baseball and Basketball, these guys are much better now days.......:cool:.

Stillriledup
10-07-2013, 04:12 AM
Passing for 506 yards is pretty magical no matter how you slice it or dice it.

12th all time.

rastajenk
10-07-2013, 09:05 AM
Is Matt Flynn on that list?

precocity
10-07-2013, 10:03 AM
and my BB was the under. :D that being said I thought dallas had a chance to stop denver with their defence? which hasn't really showed up all year and keep it low scoring.they switch to a 4-3 supposed to be spencer,out ratliff out hatcher and ware thats a hell of a line.then you got lee, carter and car church and claiborne.but that being said it was a hell of a game.

precocity
10-07-2013, 10:54 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/33dxeyo.jpg (http://)

burnsy
10-07-2013, 11:07 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/33dxeyo.jpg (http://)

Thats the problem. He has done this repeatedly (for years) in the games that count.....hes no rookie. Would it kill him to throw a few away or tuck it and take the sack? Thats why its looks so spectacular when it works...but anyone that watches football realizes that one or two mistakes (at the wrong time) in a close game is the loser. Plus, the defense was not good, no one has stopped Denver from scoring yet. They keep showing that jack ass owner jumping up and down in the box. I had to route for Denver, whether i bet it or not. Hey buddy, wheres Rob Ryan???....oh yeah, hes in New Orleans and they are a top defense this year.

Rookies
10-07-2013, 11:46 AM
Thats the problem. He has done this repeatedly (for years) in the games that count.....hes no rookie. Would it kill him to throw a few away or tuck it and take the sack? Thats why its looks so spectacular when it works...but anyone that watches football realizes that one or two mistakes (at the wrong time) in a close game is the loser. Plus, the defense was not good, no one has stopped Denver from scoring yet. They keep showing that jack ass owner jumping up and down in the box. I had to route for Denver, whether i bet it or not. Hey buddy, wheres Rob Ryan???....oh yeah, hes in New Orleans and they are a top defense this year.

I agree with everything you've said here, especially the jack arsed owner, that I despise.

Romo is an interesting enigma. He has great talent, but like Favre, on occasion makes the incredible brain fart, at the worst possible moment, during a period of majesty. Strange bird, he. I would suggest that one of his above average counterparts in Houston, has gone miles better! 4 picks for opponents TDs in 4 consecutive games? That takes incredible talent!

Having said that, as a Bills fan, I would take Romo, Ryan, Schaub or any of the other struggling QBs in a heartbeat over all the brutal stiffs the Bills have had in the past decade plus. My guys can't throw long, can't throw long in bounds, couldn't throw a 12 yard out, a fade, a Go- nada, but a pathetic dump off, check down!

I watched Romo, Rogers, Peyton, etc. drop balls over shoulders, between 2 defenders. Passes of beauty. Bills' QBs can't do either of those things on consecutive plays!

Clocker
10-07-2013, 12:19 PM
Having said that, as a Bills fan, I would take Romo, Ryan, Schaub or any of the other struggling QBs in a heartbeat over all the brutal stiffs the Bills have had in the past decade plus.

Sunday Night Football last night, Houston has the ball about 4 plays into the game. The announcers are discussing the stat that Schaub has had an INT returned for a TD in the last 3 games in a row.

I think it was on the very next play, Schaub throws an INT that is returned for a TD.

Bettowin
10-08-2013, 11:46 AM
I was at the Bronco/Cowboy game Sunday and it was an amazing effort by both QB's. In person and from the end zone the perspective on how fast the QB's had to make decisions and how little room for error there was just doesn't translate to television. I am not a fan of either team so really had no dog in the fight but will have to admit I had goosebumps for most of the game. I did say to the Bronco fan next to me not to worry, Romo would pull a Favre and the end of the game and throw one into coverage:)

Valuist
10-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Hey! :lol: Did you see him "Romo" that pass in the 4th quarter?????? Whats even worse is in most games hes a great QB for 58 minutes or so. It only takes seconds to "Romo" up a game.

Exactly. I'm curious who the callers on Dallas talk radio are roasting: are they saying anything about their defense who allowed 51 to be put on them?

Also, the Cowboys are 10-0 when Murray carries 20 or more times, yet the blockhead who's calling plays wants to pass 45 times every game. Will he ever learn?

Valuist
10-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Sunday Night Football last night, Houston has the ball about 4 plays into the game. The announcers are discussing the stat that Schaub has had an INT returned for a TD in the last 3 games in a row.

I think it was on the very next play, Schaub throws an INT that is returned for a TD.

It was the next play.

Houston is an interesting team. I thought they were a bit shell shocked going into San Fran the other night. But anyone who watched most of the game vs Seattle the previous week knows, THEY BEAT UP the Seahawks. Seattle had no business winning that game, other than a gift TD from Schaub. Houston is still loaded with talent, and yardage wise, they've been pounding teams. But they've had some critical mistakes at key times. I think the public perception is they are no good, and I think that's a mistake.

Marshall Bennett
10-08-2013, 02:57 PM
If they bench Schaub they won't have a quarterback and the season will be over. They'll likely be without a coach eventually as well.
Most locals here want him to go (Schaub), but truth of the matter is he's quite good and their only hope of turning season around. He's in a horrible slump.

Stillriledup
12-16-2013, 03:37 AM
The Magic ran out.

:(

precocity
12-16-2013, 07:04 AM
The Magic ran out.

its the same sheit here in dallas in december!!! even if they just scrap this team the owner and GM jerry jones would manage to screw up a new fresh team.
romo is romo and their defence is pathetic!!! ehhhh what would the score be if aaron rodgers was in there.

burnsy
12-16-2013, 10:55 AM
The Magic ran out.

No it didn't........presto, change-o.....watch that lead disappear...into thin air.....

Stillriledup
12-16-2013, 05:00 PM
No it didn't........presto, change-o.....watch that lead disappear...into thin air.....

:D

Good one Burnsy!

cj's dad
12-21-2013, 03:51 PM
Rome must really be pissing off folks in Texas:

Texas for Ravens.jpg (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11867&stc=1)

Stillriledup
12-23-2013, 04:40 PM
Romo out for the season, breaking news.

TJDave
12-23-2013, 06:13 PM
Romo out for the season, breaking news.

According to Wizz's theorem this means they'll probably beat Philly.

Stillriledup
12-23-2013, 09:27 PM
According to Wizz's theorem this means they'll probably beat Philly.

Now they're saying NOT out for the season?

Conflicting reports.

I like Whizz;s theory, but only if the backup guy gets a full week of reps, if a QB gets knocked out at the last second and the backup doesnt get practice, its not as good of a theory.

Stillriledup
10-05-2014, 09:53 PM
I agree with Romo, i'd be furious if i was a cowboys fan and had my stadium overrun with the enemy colors.

That's on Jerry Jones, he can just deny admission to anyone wearing anything other than normal clothes or cowboys gear. That's a start.

Stillriledup
12-22-2014, 05:14 AM
p3-eavMSBnk

schweitz
12-22-2014, 10:04 AM
www.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating

www.espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

PhantomOnTour
12-22-2014, 01:06 PM
He has had a tremendous season...MVP candidate??

Robert Fischer
12-22-2014, 06:12 PM
He has had a tremendous season...MVP candidate??

Yes.

No doubt that he measures up as a top candidate.