PDA

View Full Version : Friday 10-4

Robert Fischer
10-04-2013, 01:38 PM
Belmont r3
:1: Victory Island is an overrated filly. Unfortunately, the :3:, :8: scratch out (possibly to avoid the 1). Nothing else in the race. Hopefully the 1 wins today and I will make money when she comes back as a fav. up in class.
Pass.

Robert Fischer
10-04-2013, 01:59 PM
:1: barely wins...
So unconvincing that I'm not sure I will make money on her when she loses next time out.
I hope the 3,8 had legit reasons to scratch and didn't scratch because of her - if so they blew a good chance (and a profitable ticket for me).
I can only hope the 1 did not get claimed, so that she keeps the high profile trainer.

Robert Fischer
10-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Keeneland race 3

:7: should crush these.

Disappointing that the 2 and 3 aren't taking more money. No price on the 7.
the :5: has a cool pedigree and nice works.

Robert Fischer
10-04-2013, 02:15 PM
^nope.

Ended up being an evenly matched race, and the closers came up. 7 was out-gamed by the 2 with a similar trip. Hard to want to give the 7 another chance at a low price next time.

Robert Fischer
10-04-2013, 02:50 PM
bel r5

looks straight forward with the :8: sapphire blue dropping in class.

going to play a double with :8: >> :2:

in race 6 :2: Don Tito is my top pick. I thought he showed enough 1st off a long layoff. His move was blocked in the stretch and the rider was a statue from there on out. Basically a good workout. Back in 9 days at the appropriate class and closer to the pace today going 7 furlongs. In race 6 the 1 We Freudian is a toss for me. The 8 groundforce is taking all the money. I didn't like the last in spite of the big fig on paper. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd rather be wrong on a favorite I wasn't crazy about.

Robert Fischer
10-04-2013, 03:11 PM
KEE r5

boxing the :1: :2: :4: ex bx

Robert Fischer
10-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Don Tito opens up dead on the board for Belmont r6 , not looking good 2nd half of that double

Robert Fischer
10-04-2013, 03:18 PM
KEE r5

boxing the :1: :2: :4: ex bx

ok. 14.10 for my $6 ... i'll take it

1 had a dream trip, 2 was all out to hold place. Almost got spoiled by 9(closers have a shot today clearly) , would have preferred the 4 but just happy to cash.

Go Don Tito @ belmont

Robert Fischer
10-04-2013, 03:26 PM
I am clueless as to the odds @ Belmont race 6 :confused:

:2: Don Tito taking no money (a bad sign IMO unless Barber doesn't bet and the barn isn't wise = because i was hoping this was a purse+claim scenario on a horse they don't want to deal with).

5 photon is crazy overbet. I can't touch him.

Maybe :8: Ground Force is just the solid go-to here? If the cold money is a sign of Don Tito having issues or whatever, then, since I am opposing the 1 we freudian, the 8 is the only horse in the race and is a square enough price.

I've already invested in the :2: Don Tito with the Double, so I will just sit this one out. If I lose, I'm at slightly over even, If I win it was a nice afternoon.

Robert Fischer
10-04-2013, 03:44 PM
You the man Don Tito.

iceknight
10-04-2013, 05:23 PM
You the man Don Tito.
Good call on this double. I fired up Xpressbet just before the Don Tito race.. and thought the horse had a clear chance and wondered about the odds too..just cheered him in the race. have to play for real.. now ruing it lol

Robert Fischer
10-04-2013, 09:34 PM
Good call on this double. I fired up Xpressbet just before the Don Tito race.. and thought the horse had a clear chance and wondered about the odds too..just cheered him in the race. have to play for real.. now ruing it lol

Thx Iceknight. A lot of time, dead-on-the-board is a legitimate negative factor. It varies some with certain trainers and owners. Scared me off of investing more into the single race. My rule is when you expect a certain odds range, and you don't understand why you aren't getting that odds range, then you are missing critical info and should tread lightly.
I thought he'd be 7-2 or whatever, but he opened at 7-1 :confused: until the late action may have knocked him down around 9-2 or so.
Happy he didn't run like a dud, because in doubles or multi-race, you bet 'blind' to the tote.