PDA

View Full Version : Thought I'd post

SandyE
03-15-2004, 10:12 AM
about how I'm leaving today for Florida, and no racecourse is in the works none located near Walt Disney World. :D

kenwoodallpromos
03-15-2004, 01:14 PM
Maybe an OTB close by?

Dave Schwartz
03-15-2004, 01:16 PM
My condolences. <G>

SandyE
03-23-2004, 09:53 AM
Got back yesterday in fact from Walt Disney World. Didn't get to watch any of this past weekend's TC prep races. Had two rather *special* people with me on vacation so had a lot of pushing w-chairs around. I don't have a clue as to where the closest OTB is in the Orlando/Kissimee area. Got to see the resort I'll be staying at come November 28, and all I can say it's very nice. :)

JimG
03-23-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by SandyE
Got back yesterday in fact from Walt Disney World. Didn't get to watch any of this past weekend's TC prep races. Had two rather *special* people with me on vacation so had a lot of pushing w-chairs around. I don't have a clue as to where the closest OTB is in the Orlando/Kissimee area. Got to see the resort I'll be staying at come November 28, and all I can say it's very nice. :)

As info, you were about 2 hours driving time from Tampa Bay Downs. In addition, I would imagine there was simulcasting at the old Seminole Greyhound Park in Orlando and the Sanford-Orlando Kennel club in Sanford, Fla.

Jim

SandyE
03-23-2004, 10:49 AM
Might have a car for the November trip but didn't have a car for the last one. So going off site to anything wasn't really an option.
Never been to a dog track before that would be diferent. Boy JimG your giving me food for thought. Golf and horseracing.:D

hurrikane
03-23-2004, 11:33 AM
Sandy,

gold and horse racing...the only way to go.

cryptic1
03-23-2004, 09:33 PM
Having spent many boring vacations visiting a sister in law in
Orlando I would suggest the Orlando Jai Lai (?). The third floor
was made into a race book a number of years ago. They show
almost all the tracks (thoroughbreds and harness) though the
racing form is hard to come by at retail establishments. One of the original two dog tracks has been demolished but the one on
dog track road (how original) still simulcasts and has even built
a separate facility to eat drink and gamble at. However this
location doesn't take the signal for the full spectrum of tracks.
These locations are quite some distance from Disney so be
prepared for a good half hour drive.

cryptic1