PDA

View Full Version : NFL SD OAK 11:45pm Sunday night (not cuz MLB trust me)

wiffleball whizz
10-04-2013, 12:50 AM
In a move that the nfl was looking for a excuse to try the MLB playoffs got them what they wanted....a midnight kickoff

This has zero to do with baseball as much as it has to do with seeing what the ratings will be if they do this....

They not bullshitting the whizz,,...this is all gambling related

Just like 4:25 starts are so people can get plays in after the 1pm games are over

How many people will be swinging for the fences to try and bail out with this game

The only thing like this was the Tulsa poke game 2 or 3 years ago that kicked off at 3am......and yes I was betting seconds halves at 430....wish this would happen more often!!!

Just to recap this has zero to do with the baseball playoffs it has to do with wagering activities!!!!!

Stillriledup
10-04-2013, 01:29 AM
Its an 8:45 kickoff, 2 west coast teams, they dont care about eastern time zones, its about time they played a night game at night on the west coast. NFL fans in Cali have to sufffer that 99% of all the "night" games are at 5pm.

Robert Fischer
10-04-2013, 01:55 AM
interesting perspective

Robert Fischer
10-04-2013, 02:13 AM
Its an 8:45 kickoff, 2 west coast teams, they dont care about eastern time zones, its about time they played a night game at night on the west coast. NFL fans in Cali have to sufffer that 99% of all the "night" games are at 5pm.
I like the idea of a get-even "bail out" west coast night game (at night :D ).

They have to balance not only the the wagering dollar, but the advertising dollar.
(notice I didn't mention MLB either)

Robert Goren
10-04-2013, 11:37 AM
I don't know about this. It will be at least 3 AM Tuesday on the east coast when the game over. They used to bitch like hell about Monday games lasting until 11:30.

Valuist
10-04-2013, 02:20 PM

On opening Monday night every season for the past few years, they've had 2 games. An "early" game, and a late nighter, always on the West Coast. This year, it was the Texans at the Chargers. So it isn't unprecedented.

cj's dad
10-05-2013, 12:26 AM
WhiZ - you have nailed thisIn a move that the nfl was looking for a excuse to try the MLB playoffs got them what they wanted....a midnight kickoff

This has zero to do with baseball as much as it has to do with seeing what the ratings will be if they do this....

They not bullshitting the whizz,,...this is all gambling related

Just like 4:25 starts are so people can get plays in after the 1pm games are over

How many people will be swinging for the fences to try and bail out with this game

The only thing like this was the Tulsa poke game 2 or 3 years ago that kicked off at 3am......and yes I was betting seconds halves at 430....wish this would happen more often!!!

Just to recap this has zero to do with the baseball playoffs it has to do with wagering activities!!!!!

wiffleball whizz
10-05-2013, 12:55 AM
WhiZ - you have nailed this

This will get at least 20x the ratings it would have gotten had it stayed at a 4pm kickoff........totally free shot

wiffleball whizz
10-05-2013, 01:12 AM
On opening Monday night every season for the past few years, they've had 2 games. An "early" game, and a late nighter, always on the West Coast. This year, it was the Texans at the Chargers. So it isn't unprecedented.

Huge Difference valiust.......a 10:15 kick and 11:45 kick is huge.....plus for the east coast degenerates watching this game at 3am I'm dying to
See the ratings.....95 percent of people watching will have action

ponyplayerdotca
10-05-2013, 02:21 PM
...to wiffleball's observation....

The rescheduled game is now miraculously airing on the NFL Network. The league will seemingly do anything to get more games on their own network.

They might be simply using the local CBS affiliate broadcast team that would have done the game had it remained at 4:25pm ET, but essentially, they will make money off this time change, no?

Logistically, all they had to do was swap the divisional matchup with the return match on Dec. 22nd that is scheduled in San Diego. But then, they wouldn't be maximizing their profit potential via gambling and their own network. At least, that's my two cents.

wiffleball whizz
10-05-2013, 02:44 PM
...to wiffleball's observation....

The rescheduled game is now miraculously airing on the NFL Network. The league will seemingly do anything to get more games on their own network.

They might be simply using the local CBS affiliate broadcast team that would have done the game had it remained at 4:25pm ET, but essentially, they will make money off this time change, no?

Logistically, all they had to do was swap the divisional matchup with the return match on Dec. 22nd that is scheduled in San Diego. But then, they wouldn't be maximizing their profit potential via gambling and their own network. At least, that's my two cents.

I was thinking it would be a CBS broadcast simulcast on the NFL network but I heard mayock and nessler are doing the game......not sure CBS can lose a game like that

Remember when there was a hurricane and the moved the steeler Miami game up or back a day and was local on cbs

wiffleball whizz
10-05-2013, 02:49 PM
But 1 thing is for certain they could have did 400 other things then to play the game at midnight.....

Your telling me the padres marlins athletics giants mariners mets or whoever shared a team with a football game never had this issue?

Why can't they just come out and say this is about gambling

Did anybody see game day today all they were doing was saying unders overs 38.5 over this over that.........NCAA and NFL need to man up and admit gambling is what brings in ratings

_______
10-05-2013, 03:26 PM
But 1 thing is for certain they could have did 400 other things then to play the game at midnight.....

Your telling me the padres marlins athletics giants mariners mets or whoever shared a team with a football game never had this issue?

Why can't they just come out and say this is about gambling

Did anybody see game day today all they were doing was saying unders overs 38.5 over this over that.........NCAA and NFL need to man up and admit gambling is what brings in ratings

I think anyone doing the math of a San Diego-Oakland game would see a trend toward a west coast bias.

Whether that's gambling or TV ratings.

Sometimes the reason someone is pounding on your front door is that you built your house on the bigfoot migration path.

But sometimes it's your neighbor and not bigfoot.

wiffleball whizz
10-06-2013, 05:23 PM
Never even dawned on me that CBS had rights to Denver Dallas which you could argue is the marquee game in the regular season sked.........so why waste viewers on the sd oak game

Makes even more sense now

cj
10-06-2013, 06:05 PM
Never even dawned on me that CBS had rights to Denver Dallas which you could argue is the marquee game in the regular season sked.........so why waste viewers on the sd oak game

Makes even more sense now

Is this game even on nationally? I don't think so.

wiffleball whizz
10-06-2013, 06:20 PM
Is this game even on nationally? I don't think so.

Yes......it's a national game

TJDave
10-06-2013, 06:29 PM
A night game at the Coliseum...

4 stabbings and 6 beatdowns before the national anthem.

cj
10-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Yes......it's a national game

Oh, found it, NFL Network.

wiffleball whizz
10-06-2013, 06:52 PM
Oh, found it, NFL Network.

I thought u meant the Dallas game.....

Sd oak was regional CBS coverage but lost game to NFL network.....no clue how those logistics are worked out

Remember lsu bama 2 years ago how CBS bought out espn and it cost them 2 games next 2 years......9-6 final :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: