PDA

View Full Version : Texas / Iowa St.

cj
10-03-2013, 10:53 PM
Pretty sad watching the referees make every possible call trying to hand Texas the game. You'd think the game was in Austin.

cj
10-03-2013, 10:55 PM
LOL, and it continues. Apparently, Texas isn't allowed to fumble near the goal line at the end of the game, just like OSU game last year.

wiffleball whizz
10-03-2013, 11:44 PM
Livid....I had a small Iowa st money line.....the cyclone player ripped ball out but u couldn't see it.....

Scumbag ref like u said called it like it was at Texas....;Texas is pathetic..... Bad game to lose

cj
10-04-2013, 12:33 AM
Livid....I had a small Iowa st money line.....the cyclone player ripped ball out but u couldn't see it.....

Scumbag ref like u said called it like it was at Texas....;Texas is pathetic..... Bad game to lose

There were also two pass interference and a grabbing the helmet hole penalty on the last drive. Not sure I've ever seen that one before. The pass interference in the end zone was legit, but of course there was a blatant hold that was ignored that let McCoy get the pass off. The lineman that was rushing even threw his arms up in the air during the play it was so obvious.

wiffleball whizz
10-04-2013, 12:44 AM
Refs called it like the big 12 office told them to boat Texas home......

Can't wait till OU blasts them 66-3 in a few weeks

ElKabong
10-04-2013, 08:02 PM
whiz...I'll take 63 points right now for a Benjamin if you're up to it (and I think it's a 50-50 prop at best for me)

As far as the call goes,,,,,
(a) Gray's fwd progress definitely should have brought a whistle
(b) no whistle, s/h been ruled a fumble

Either way, it's poor officiating. Plain and simple (as opposed to the correct call vs okie light)

(reply as an orangeblood LHAO at the haters "lookie here, that 300 million we got from the LHN finally paid off!! (officials bought) -- that's a joke btw

wiffleball whizz
10-04-2013, 09:15 PM
whiz...I'll take 63 points right now for a Benjamin if you're up to it (and I think it's a 50-50 prop at best for me)

Either way, it's poor officiating. Plain and simple (as opposed to the correct call vs okie light)

(reply as an orangeblood LHAO at the haters "lookie here, that 300 million we got from the LHN finally paid off!! (officials bought) -- that's a joke btw

Watches 17 times earlier today this play and u can't see ball come out how I have no clue......only argument I can make is the Iowa st player so far away from the pile so fast running the other way it had to be out early

But don't ever expect a conference game call going against Texas especially a undefeated texas

wiffleball whizz
10-04-2013, 09:19 PM
By the way I love cj's new avatar,.....I did get 12/1 in Vegas that that would be his new avatar by thanksgiving....

Time to get a Facebook account mr cj.....if its good enough for timeformus to have a page it's good enough for you!!!!!!

Stillriledup
10-04-2013, 09:28 PM
By the way I love cj's new avatar,.....I did get 12/1 in Vegas that that would be his new avatar by thanksgiving....

Time to get a Facebook account mr cj.....if its good enough for timeformus to have a page it's good enough for you!!!!!!

Don't worry, a Kevin Durant Av will take its place in about a month. :D

wiffleball whizz
10-04-2013, 09:40 PM

Stoops has Mack brown and Texas number......I won't be the sucker this year taking texas and prob the 10.5.....

Growing up cant tell you Many times went out drinking on a Friday night make a drunk$400 Texas bet wake up at 2:30pm as Texas OU was deep in the 3rd and OU is up by 27.......hung over buried and looking to find a way to end the suffering......whiffleball whizz is prob stuck over 6000 lifetime in the red river rivalry:......and 6000 is being generous.....not sitting here saying I paid all 6000 but I Lost 6000 :lol:

precocity
10-04-2013, 09:42 PM
mr brown needs to go like yesterday!

Marshall Bennett
10-04-2013, 09:53 PM
mr brown needs to go like yesterday!
:ThmbUp: Minus a few years.

precocity
10-04-2013, 10:18 PM
:ThmbUp: Minus a few years.
:D like when vince young tuned pro! :D

wiffleball whizz
10-04-2013, 10:29 PM
Does anybody here even think Mack Brown is calling all these plays?

In my opinion not on the same scale but Mack brown is more of a figure head much like joe paterno was......

Brown prob is calling the shots but joe pa no way was calling plays at 80

precocity
10-04-2013, 11:26 PM
Does anybody here even think Mack Brown is calling all these plays?

In my opinion not on the same scale but Mack brown is more of a figure head much like joe paterno was......

Brown prob is calling the shots but joe pa no way was calling plays at 80

time to chop off heads and bring and new blood? who wouldn't want to coach for texas? hell they got there own network?

ElKabong
10-04-2013, 11:39 PM
Watches 17 times earlier today this play and u can't see ball come out how I have no clue......only argument I can make is the Iowa st player so far away from the pile so fast running the other way it had to be out early

But don't ever expect a conference game call going against Texas especially a undefeated texas

Um, re-read what i posted, hotshot. Forward progress should have been whistled. It wasn't (ref mistake). Ball came out, should have been ruled a fumble (ref mistake II)

That's what I posted. Somehow you interpret it differently.

Carry on, level headed one :cool:

btw, don't watch the Mizzou game we got screwed in 2011. It'll destroy your make believe world (or a 100 other bad calls that season - that's just football). Refs did us in & at the time we were in the thick of the b12 race

wiffleball whizz
10-04-2013, 11:41 PM
time to chop off heads and bring and new blood? who wouldn't want to coach for texas? hell they got there own network?

Texas is a top 5 school in terms of places to be...

Alabama
Ohio st
Michigan
Notre dame
Texas
Maybe Florida
Maybe Oklahoma

USC is not a dream job anymore

Maybe I'm missing a few

ElKabong
10-04-2013, 11:46 PM
:D like when vince young tuned pro! :D

NAIL ON THE HEAD

Actually Colt and Muschamp bailed this staff out for a few yrs, then it went to shit

Chip Kelly is who I hear is coming. Not too sure I like that style (I prefer a power running game). Aa guy I know told me last Dec Kelly was going to philly for a season then to UT....Told him he was nuts, but he's looking pretty smart rightnow......his stay in pha is short, not sure why he has vick at qb other than to say "i don't care about 2013"

Dahoss2002
10-05-2013, 03:21 AM
Mixed emotions bout Mack. He did bring the Texas program back for a few years but the college game might have passed him by. Good luck to Texas. With the resources and talent in the Lone Star State, they should be a contender more often seemingly.

JustRalph
10-05-2013, 03:30 AM
I thought Ohio was football crazy. Until I moved to Texas. High school stadiums are incredible here

Boris
10-05-2013, 08:28 AM
I thought Ohio was football crazy. Until I moved to Texas. High school stadiums are incredible here

Friday night is a priority in Texas. I remember getting up at 4AM to get in line for season tickets in Katy. Was about 150 people in front of me.

This one seats 10,000 in Cy-Fair.

http://www.berrycenter.net/about/img/stadium/s01.png

Marshall Bennett
10-05-2013, 11:57 AM
Years ago most of the high school football talent in Texas stayed in Texas. They played in the Southwest Conference. While a lot of talent was playing college ball here, the television market revenue was strongest elsewhere.
I'll always believe it was the intentions all along for the NCAA to bust up the SWC and fix this, and it worked. Little by little they weeded out and penalized programs until it was a shadow of it's former self. The same offenses were going on elsewhere, but they generated their energy investigating schools here.
It would be interesting to compare the percentage of local grads that stay and play in Texas now compared with 30 years ago.

precocity
10-05-2013, 12:36 PM
lookie here?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bobcook/2012/08/13/why-allen-texas-built-a-60-million-high-school-football-stadium/

ElKabong
10-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Years ago most of the high school football talent in Texas stayed in Texas. They played in the Southwest Conference. While a lot of talent was playing college ball here, the television market revenue was strongest elsewhere.
I'll always believe it was the intentions all along for the NCAA to bust up the SWC and fix this, and it worked. Little by little they weeded out and penalized programs until it was a shadow of it's former self. The same offenses were going on elsewhere, but they generated their energy investigating schools here.
It would be interesting to compare the percentage of local grads that stay and play in Texas now compared with 30 years ago.

Amazing how we think a lot alike on this subject

When I was in HS, kids I played with were getting HUGE offers from big8 schools, particularly Nebraska, Colorado, Okie State and Oklahoma. My Jr year we had 14 kids sign with D1 or II programs, all specifically wanted to play in the SWC. It was THE place to play.

How the NCAA overlooked Nebraska is beyond me. At least at 0u Switzer was unapologetic. He cheated then LHAO @ everyone else (still despise the guy a a coach) but Nebraska, oSu, and CU were totally bypassed by the ncaa

Growing up as a grade school kid in the early- mid 60s, HS football here was king. Those days are over now tho.....but back then from Wed-Fri the local tv and radio sports was all about HS football games & the SWC. Sat was all college ball, then only on sunday did people think of the Cowboys and the (Dallas) Texans. Everyone's calendar in the fall was.....
Thurs, JV football
Fri nite, Varsity game
Saturday morning: attend / play grade school game
Sat afternoon, attend SWC game
Sat night, listen to Kern Tips or Connie Alexander call the "SWC game of the week" on the Humble Oil radio network
Sunday, watch the Cowboys or the Hank Stram coached Texans
Sunday nite, channel 11, the SWC coaches shows from 6pm- 10:30pm

as time has gone by, and espn taking over the importance of the local sports media, it's a lot like most anywhere else here, really. The days of mandatory car flags / pennants for the local HS team are gone.

melman
10-12-2013, 03:54 PM
Refs called it like the big 12 office told them to boat Texas home......

Can't wait till OU blasts them 66-3 in a few weeks
Final score Texas 36 OU 20
It was not that close as Texas dominates.

wiffleball whizz
10-12-2013, 05:00 PM

Didn't watch but it was impossible to have the winner in the game

Marshall Bennett
10-12-2013, 07:33 PM
They're off next week and at TCU in 2 weeks. What are the chances it continues?

precocity
10-12-2013, 09:22 PM
Didn't watch but it was impossible to have the winner in the game
ME 5 LARGE :cool:

ElKabong
10-12-2013, 09:25 PM

Total physical domination. If I hadn't have seen it, I wouldn't have believed it.