PDA

View Full Version : The Amazing St Louis Cardinals.

Stillriledup
10-03-2013, 05:56 PM
Geez, doesnt seem to matter who the star players are, or the coach, this team just wins, and wins a LOT. And, forgetting about their regular season, they seem to really rise up in the playoffs, for some reason, playoff baseball and St Louis really gel nicely, no matter who they plug into the lineup.

They milk Pujols for everything he's worth, get rid of him at exactly the correct time, plug in a replacement and win 97 games while Pujols's team can't even play .500 ball.

Color me impressed.

Stillriledup
10-09-2013, 10:51 PM
Duh, winning. ;)

ldiatone
10-10-2013, 10:09 AM
well the cards knocked the buccos out. but the bucs had a winning year and are not tne "door mats" of baseball like in the past 21 years. now wait till next year!
LA vrs STL should be a good seris

BlueShoe
10-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Dodgers will be much tougher. Home field advantage will be of little help for Cards, LA tied for 1st in having best road record in baseball.

Valuist
10-10-2013, 11:53 AM
Dodgers will be much tougher. Home field advantage will be of little help for Cards, LA tied for 1st in having best road record in baseball.

They have been unreal since early June, which coincides with Puig's arrival, and the return of Hanley Ramirez.

Thru June 2, the Dodgers were 23-32, 8 1/2 games out, with a 9-17 road record. Since that point, they have won 69 games, lost only 38 and gone 36-19 on the road. That's a 65% record ON THE ROAD since June 3.

Stillriledup
10-10-2013, 01:12 PM
This is going to be a heavyweight bout, the 2 best teams in the NL are facing off to see who goes to the WS, should be fun to watch!

dartman51
10-13-2013, 01:34 PM
Well, after the first 2 games, and the Dodgers top 2 pitchers, the Cards are up 2-0. And, they haven't used their ace yet. Go CARDS!!! :jump:

Stillriledup
10-13-2013, 02:18 PM
Well, after the first 2 games, and the Dodgers top 2 pitchers, the Cards are up 2-0. And, they haven't used their ace yet. Go CARDS!!! :jump:

RIGHT? That's what i'm tryin to tell ya!

I was telling someone yesterday that the two teams in the NL that are left are REALLY good, these guys parade out great pitcher after great pitcher, and these guys are throwing tracers with movement, its awesome, Cards are going to be REALLY hard to beat, Boston or Detroit better be really on top of their game if they want to win this world series...that's what i'm thinking anyway.

ManU918
10-13-2013, 04:10 PM
well the cards knocked the buccos out. but the bucs had a winning year and are not tne "door mats" of baseball like in the past 21 years. now wait till next year!

Burnett, Byrd and Morneau are all free agents and I don't see any of them returning to Pittsburgh. Considering that the Pirates have the fourth lowest payroll in baseball its going to be hard to replace those three with players that will be able to deliver the same type of numbers. Need to spend money to win Championships in this game.

Dave Schwartz
10-13-2013, 05:01 PM
Yes, but why does Palmer keep calling the same play?

"Interception on two! - Hut-hut."

:lol:

ManU918
11-12-2013, 01:03 PM
Burnett, Byrd and Morneau are all free agents and I don't see any of them returning to Pittsburgh. Considering that the Pirates have the fourth lowest payroll in baseball its going to be hard to replace those three with players that will be able to deliver the same type of numbers. Need to spend money to win Championships in this game.

Byrd signs 2 year deal with the Phillies.

Valuist
11-12-2013, 01:10 PM

Here's an interesting article on payroll and winning the World Series. You definitely need a top 15 payroll, but top 5 doesn't guarantee anything:

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/wells-baseball/2013/feb/1/does-money-really-buy-world-series-titles/