PDA

View Full Version : Obama's biggest whopper yet

Clocker
10-03-2013, 08:54 AM
During the course of my presidency, I have bent over backwards to work with the Republican party and have purposely kept my rhetoric down. I think I’m pretty well known for being a calm guy. Sometimes people think I’m too calm. And am I exasperated? Absolutely I’m exasperated because this is entirely unnecessary.

Source (http://hotair.com/archives/2013/10/02/obama-i-think-its-fair-to-say-that-i-have-bent-over-backwards-to-work-with-the-republican-party-throughout-my-presidency/)

jballscalls
10-03-2013, 11:03 AM
its amazing how different people can have such different opinions on some things.

Tom
10-03-2013, 11:26 AM
Curious, you think has bent over backwards to work with repubs?
When?

Last time I saw him bend over it was because of the glare on his TOTUS.:D

Clocker
10-03-2013, 12:11 PM

http://granitegrok.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/obama-golf2.jpg

jballscalls
10-03-2013, 01:19 PM
When?

Last time I saw him bend over it was because of the glare on his TOTUS.:D

seems on most issues, debates, he offers up some consideration of their ideas (tax cuts etc) and they still vote down all of them. They want what they want, they don't seem flexible (my opinion, i'm sure you'll say otherwise). He and the democratic senate were elected because people were unhappy with the ideas and candidates provided by the right.

There is a reason they are called the party of no. because it seems they are completely unwilling to work with the president on much. They want him to pass republican idealized legislation, but he's a liberal and he was elected as a liberal, so clearly he will keep putting forth liberal legislation.

I think the quote taken above, can certainly be taken offense to, but the only way you guys would agree he "bent over backwards" was if he was passing straight right wing legislation, which isn't going to happen. He wasn't elected to pass right wing legislation.

Tom
10-03-2013, 03:15 PM
I would settle for him negotiate honestly, and then stick to what is agreed on - he has changed the rules in the past.
And any time he does talk, he then goes out on more campaign runs and ridicules them.

Not a leader, not even a man.

Remember this, HE was elected by the states, meaning a few large population areas. The HOUSE was elected by the people. When he disses the House, he disses us.

I do not forgive or forget.
And I'm a pussycat.