PDA

View Full Version : The Leader of the Free World......

Tom
10-01-2013, 01:00 PM
.....Benjamin Netanyahu.

His speech today was probably the most significant speech I have herd in my lifetime.

It was a speech that would stand alongside any made by Winston Churchill during WWII, or the one given by President Kennedy during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

He masterfully interwove historical facts with current truths and came out with warnings for the future that cannot be denied. Iran is a threat to the world.

He wisely used many examples of the murder of Americans by Iran in what was a speech we would have expected from the President of the United States. But not this president. Not this fool. Netanyahu gave example after example of why the idea of Iran developing nuclear power for peaceful means is ridiculous.

The President of the United States legitimized their doing it without a thought. As is his wont.

Netanyahu spoke more for the people of the US that Obama has ever done. Wisely, he did so in a message to Obama and Kerry, the Twins of Delusion, who are school-girl giddy over the possibility of reaching a deal in 3-6 months or sooner with the exposed-murderer that is the new Iranian president.

He is more of an American than Obama will ever be, or Kerry ever was.

Netanyahu gave a chronological snapshot of the this murderer’s role over the the past couple of decades.

Fact obviously lost on the Brain-rust that is our CNC and SOS. No doubt they are already planning on easing sanctions to appear to be world-class negotiators, when in fact, they will undue years of successful road blocks to Iran becoming a terror-nation with nukes.

His message today was precise, spot on, and clear, to both the US and Iran and the world.

This man is a world-leader. He is not a community organizer.

Do yourself a favor, catch a replay and seriously listen to his points and judge for yourself.

BlueShoe
10-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Missed it, will try to get it later. Quite frankly, turned off the news this morning after listening to the Dimocrats weep and wail since yesterday. Had enough of our Comrade President, Oil Can Harry Reid, Nancy Pukelosi, and the other usual suspects attacking the GOP for trying to preserve the Republic. Have always liked, respected, and admired Big Ben, one of the very few world leaders that I do.

tucker6
10-01-2013, 01:33 PM
I listened to our politician-in-chief talk about the shutdown and Obamacare this afternoon. He reminded me that he has never left the back bench of the senate. It was a juvenile speech extremely short of civility and statesmanship. I can't believe he took credit for the "largest decrease in year-over-year deficits in American history this past fiscal year". I guess going from $2T to $1.35T is something to be proud about. I recall when he campaigned in 2008, he was going to bring needed change to Washington and unite the country. :D

Seriously, what he campaigned on and what he actually became really is :lol:

... and last but not least Mr Obama, 1pm Eastern is still considered the afternoon, so please stop wishing me a good morning at that hour.

ArlJim78
10-01-2013, 01:41 PM
How refreshing to hear a leader speak fondly of America.
How unfortunate that one must go around the world to hear it.
Our leader on the other hand is a petulant immature narcissist who despises America.

rastajenk
10-01-2013, 02:56 PM
Always been a big B-Net fan, going back to the first Gulf war, I guess, when Scuds were flying around the Middle East. Always a straight shooter, clearly understands what's at stake over there.

thaskalos
10-01-2013, 03:09 PM
Netanyahu is looking out for the welfare of Israel...and our president should be looking out for the welfare of the United States.

Tom
10-01-2013, 03:16 PM
That is exactly my point - Netanyahu had far more to say about our security than that slug Obama ever did. Did you listen to the speech?

Listen to it, then listen to Obama and Kerry remarks last week.
Tell me who is looking out for this country.

fast4522
10-01-2013, 07:49 PM
Necessity is said to be the mother of invention, not being great with words Benjamin Netanyahu has to get it right. Necessity demands that Israel functions in its best interest at all times, the stakes are far to great to have a fool at the helm.

Tom
10-01-2013, 07:50 PM
They are acting in OUR best interests, too.
Unlike O.Hussein and Ketchup Kerry.

Tom
10-01-2013, 09:02 PM
The transcript....

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/1.550012

Are we to believe that Rohani, the national security adviser of Iran at the time, knew nothing about these attacks?

Of course he did, just as 30 years ago Iran's security chiefs knew about the bombings in Beirut that killed 241 American Marines and 58 French paratroopers.

This is the vermin O. Hussein wants so negotiate with. The murdering bastard whose word O. Hussein will take.
CCDcdnEjJHA

PaceAdvantage
10-01-2013, 10:09 PM
Listened to the whole thing...good speech...made sense to me...luckily there are still some leaders left in this world who call it as they see it...

PaceAdvantage
10-01-2013, 10:53 PM
BTW, the very fact that Netanyahu felt the need to publicly declare that if necessary, Israel will stand alone against Iran...that is one very sad statement on how far US-Israeli relations have strayed under the Obama administration and his band of merry-left men...

He must not have liked what he heard from Obama on Monday. And I can't say I'm surprised.

thaskalos
10-02-2013, 12:12 AM
BTW, the very fact that Netanyahu felt the need to publicly declare that if necessary, Israel will stand alone against Iran...that is one very sad statement on how far US-Israeli relations have strayed under the Obama administration and his band of merry-left men...

He must not have liked what he heard from Obama on Monday. And I can't say I'm surprised.
How naughty of Obama to say something that Netanyahu disagreed with. I, personally, see nothing wrong with Netanyahu dictating our country's role in the Middle East.

magwell
10-02-2013, 12:30 AM
It sure sounds like he believes he's on his own, and will do what ever it takes to stay safe, with or without backup ........

PaceAdvantage
10-02-2013, 12:38 AM
How naughty of Obama to say something that Netanyahu disagreed with. I, personally, see nothing wrong with Netanyahu dictating our country's role in the Middle East.So not the point. But then again, perhaps you are unfamiliar with US-Israeli relations prior to the Obama Administration.

And be careful...that last statement of yours treads dangerously into lala land

thaskalos
10-02-2013, 12:45 AM
So not the point. But then again, perhaps you are unfamiliar with US-Israeli relations prior to the Obama Administration.

Or you buy into that whole "Jews control the US/world" conspiracy garbage...
No...but I don't buy into Israel's "do what we tell you or we'll do it alone" garbage either.

We are not Israel and we are not Iran. Our country has to make INDEPENDENT decisions...which serve the interests of the U.S. and its people. Our hand should not be forced by countries with biased agendas.

Netanyahu talked at length about the Iranian leaders and their "violent ways"...but I didn't hear him say much about the violent ways of the Israeli leaders before him.

Clocker
10-02-2013, 12:48 AM
I, personally, see nothing wrong with Netanyahu dictating our country's role in the Middle East.

Our role in the Middle East is to honor our commitment to our allies. And Israel is far from the only ally in the region that is questioning that commitment.

PaceAdvantage
10-02-2013, 12:52 AM
No...but I don't buy into Israel's "do what we tell you or we'll do it alone" garbage either.

We are not Israel and we are not Iran. Our country has to make INDEPENDENT decisions...which serve the interests of the U.S. and its people. Our hand should not be forced by countries with biased agendas.

Netanyahu talked at length about the Iranian leaders and their "violent ways"...but I didn't hear him say much about the violent ways of the Israeli leaders before him.Either you're fine with Iran having nuclear weapons capability or like Israel, you will never permit it to happen.

There is no middle ground on this issue. And the very fact Israel feels they may have to go it alone is a shocking testament to the dramatic and detrimental shift in US policy in that area. My opinion of course.

The only one mentioning "do what we tell you" is you. I never got that from observing years of US-Israeli relations.

thaskalos
10-02-2013, 01:12 AM
Either you're fine with Iran having nuclear weapons capability or like Israel, you will never permit it to happen.

There is no middle ground on this issue. And the very fact Israel feels they may have to go it alone is a shocking testament to the dramatic and detrimental shift in US policy in that area. My opinion of course.

The only one mentioning "do what we tell you" is you. I never got that from observing years of US-Israeli relations.

So what if I am the only one here who has mentioned that Natenyahu is trying to force our country's hand in our negotiations with Iran? Does that mean that this is not what is going on?

Do you think that I should wait for someone else to talk about a topic here, before I address it myself?

Israel has a personal agenda, and so does Iran...and, IMO, no country with a personal agenda could be trusted as being the courier of "truth" in matters such as this.

Forgive me for not falling all over myself as a result of Netanyahu's "eloquent" speech...but I've heard it all before...from politicians all over the globe.

Or are you under the impression that American politicians are the only ones who lie?

PaceAdvantage
10-02-2013, 01:22 AM
So what if I am the only one here who has mentioned that Natenyahu is trying to force our country's hand in our negotiations with Iran? Does that mean that this is not what is going on?Once again, I am not understood. I am not advocating groupthink if that's what you mean.

I meant, between you and me, you're the only one mentioning it. But the way you write about it, you make it seem as though this is common knowledge, and that Israel has regularly dictated US policy. You sound like Light. Or better yet, SteveR. Can't wait for one of them to chime in next.

nijinski
10-02-2013, 01:28 AM

Netanyahu talked at length about the Iranian leaders and their "violent ways"...but I didn't hear him say much about the violent ways of the Israeli leaders before him.

Resorting to violent ways when surrounded by enemies that want to obliterate them . It's survival , isn't it?

One can look back in the history of the Mossad , I agree they have used
violent methods . They also targeted key enemies and removed them
successfully , they had too .

I will never forget images of our beheaded journalists , torture and stoning by the fundamentalists that thrive in the nations Israel has to protect themselves from . I have no problem of being reminded of Iranian leaders and their violent ways .

Greyfox
10-02-2013, 01:34 AM
Israel has a personal agenda, and so does Iran...

Of course Israel has an agenda.
A country the size of a postage stamp surrounded by an ocean of hostile Muslim states, and one of whom has declared to annhilate them has to have a hyper alertness to the types of threats from Iran.
What would be your advice thask if you were in their position?

thaskalos
10-02-2013, 01:38 AM
Once again, I am not understood. I am not advocating groupthink if that's what you mean.

I meant, between you and me, you're the only one mentioning it. But the way you write about it, you make it seem as though this is common knowledge, and that Israel has regularly dictated US policy. You sound like Light. Or better yet, SteveR. Can't wait for one of them to chime in next.
Is it not common knowledge that Natenyahu and the White House have been in sharp disagreement over Iran and the Palestinians for about four years now?

What do you think this disagreement is about?

And when did I say that Israel "regularly" dictates U.S. policy? Why must you add your own little tidbits whenever you make an argument? Can't you respond to what I actually say?

I said that Natenyahu is trying to force our hand NOW...I said nothing about the past.

And your assertion that I sound like Light or SteveR just because I am not in love with Israel and their "democracy" is too ridiculous for me to even respond to.

Typical bullshit from you when you have nothing substantial to say...

Clocker
10-02-2013, 02:40 AM
Of course Israel has an agenda.

It's called self-preservation. How insensitive of the feelings of others!:eek:

newtothegame
10-02-2013, 03:31 AM
Is it not common knowledge that Natenyahu and the White House have been in sharp disagreement over Iran and the Palestinians for about four years now?

And when did I say that Israel "regularly" dictates U.S. policy? Why must you add your own little tidbits whenever you make an argument? Can't you respond to what I actually say?

I said that Natenyahu is trying to force our hand NOW...I said nothing about the past.

And your assertion that I sound like Light or SteveR just because I am not in love with Israel and their "democracy" is too ridiculous for me to even respond to.

Typical bullshit from you when you have nothing substantial to say...

Actually, its been closer to five but who's counting......
And what happened about that same time frame ago???
Ohhh look.....just so happens Obama was elected!!!

And what is the most beautiful sound in the world......???

Just saying!

Tom
10-02-2013, 07:42 AM
Israel has a personal agenda, and so does Iran...and, IMO, no country with a personal agenda could be trusted as being the courier of "truth" in matters such as this.

I posted the video and the transcript.
Please point out anything that is not true in there.

It is sad that we are not leading the fight against Iran. Shows how far down the tubes O. Hussein has taken us.

Tom
10-02-2013, 07:45 AM

O. Hussein being a total fool on the world stage and not be trustworthy?

PaceAdvantage
10-02-2013, 09:07 AM
I said that Natenyahu is trying to force our hand NOW...I said nothing about the past.Typical bullshit? Really now.

Let me ask you a question. Where in his speech was he forcing the US hand?

What he was doing was reminding those who have driven off the reservation that Iran remains as dangerous and as committed as ever to accomplish their goal of wiping Israel off the map, no matter what their new President says out of one side of his mouth.

That Obama is even talking to this man without some sort of concrete concessions by the Iranians first, is beyond incomprehensible.

But hey, he is the Noble Peace Prize winner. So maybe this will all work out in the end. Kind of like health care...

thaskalos
10-02-2013, 09:50 AM
I posted the video and the transcript.
Please point out anything that is not true in there.

It is sad that we are not leading the fight against Iran. Shows how far down the tubes O. Hussein has taken us.

Yeah, well...we led the fight against Saddam for -- allegedly -- pretty much the same reasons...and we all saw how well that turned out.

So, I guess there is no reason to be worried about jumping into yet another "fight"...

hcap
10-02-2013, 10:23 AM
Some feel Iranian sanctions have moved Iran to change course. That coupled with recent popular demonstrations and the old line dying off may be a possible opportunity.

Obama would be foolish to listen to a bunch of conservative horse players arguing stereotypes and those that use the "bully on the block" analogy to conduct and guide foreign adventures.

BlueShoe
10-02-2013, 11:28 AM
Obama would be foolish to listen to a bunch of conservative horse players arguing stereotypes and those that use the "bully on the block" analogy to conduct and guide foreign adventures.
But he would be more foolish to not listen to the head of state of our only reliable ally in the entire region.

LottaKash
10-02-2013, 12:35 PM
But hey, he is the Noble Peace Prize winner. So maybe this will all work out in the end. Kind of like health care...

Peace and Good Health, now what could be better than that ?....:rolleyes:

Tom
10-02-2013, 12:55 PM
Yeah, well...we led the fight against Saddam for -- allegedly -- pretty much the same reasons...and we all saw how well that turned out.

So, I guess there is no reason to be worried about jumping into yet another "fight"...

Guess you missed part about N Korea, and how that turned out.

fast4522
10-04-2013, 03:23 PM
The monkey was spot on in the start of the thread. The game few get to understand is that US Presidents all want to be able to "green light" or "red light" any action by means of spare parts and supply chain throttling. The fact is the avionics in these aircraft comprises so many devices and redundant backup systems that the mean time between failures (MTBF) is about four hours air time. The average Joe would say naw not our President, closer to the truth is that it is one of the buttons on the button board.

fast4522
11-24-2013, 01:41 PM
Of late I dig down to resurrect worthy threads, this one is such because this administration has given Israel the hind tit again in the latest deal.

Tom
11-24-2013, 03:04 PM
The desire of Obama to do anything to get the total failure of NoCare out of the headlines couples with the complete incompetence of John Kerry.

Very stupid actions by our two losers.

fast4522
11-24-2013, 03:43 PM
To me how he will side is in English, Dreams from My Father.
Now there I go suggesting putting money into his pocket by telling folks that it is laid out in his book.

fast4522
11-26-2013, 06:31 AM
Yesterday Ayatollah Ali Khamenei told his country that in the deal made they reserve the right to enrich uranium, I figure they were told that they could "keep their plan".

Tom
11-26-2013, 07:35 AM
If you like your uranium, you can keep your uranium.

Capper Al
11-26-2013, 08:23 AM
I thought you, Tom, were the world leader?

PaceAdvantage
11-26-2013, 09:02 AM
I thought you, Tom, were the world leader?My how far the left has fallen here.

Capper Al
11-26-2013, 10:02 AM
My how far the left has fallen here.

One comment without substance from the left and bing!

Clocker
11-26-2013, 10:27 AM
One comment without substance from the left

Would that it were just one! :rolleyes:

Tom
11-26-2013, 10:44 AM
The Grand Potentate.
I like that.
Do I get paid?

tucker6
11-26-2013, 12:21 PM
The Grand Potentate.
I like that.
Do I get paid?
yes, in bitcoins.

Hank
11-26-2013, 12:58 PM
ok

PaceAdvantage
11-27-2013, 12:04 AM
One comment without substance from the left and bing!I think you mean BINGO...BANGO...

PaceAdvantage
11-27-2013, 12:05 AM
Hank gets the oversized image of the day award...