PDA

View Full Version : Clinton lies continue......

JustRalph
09-30-2013, 11:01 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/charles-ferguson/hillary-clinton-documentary_b_4014792.html

"In June, I attended a dinner for Bill Clinton, which was educational. Clinton spoke passionately about his foundation, about African wildlife, inequality, childhood obesity, and much else with enormous factual command, emotion, and rhetorical power. But he and I also spoke privately. I asked him about the financial crisis. He paused and then became even more soulful, thoughtful, passionate, and articulate. And then he proceeded to tell me the most amazing lies I've heard in quite a while.

For example, Mr. Clinton sorrowfully lamented his inability to stop the Commodity Futures Modernization Act, which banned all regulation of private (OTC) derivatives trading, and thereby greatly worsened the crisis. Mr. Clinton said that he and Larry Summers had argued with Alan Greenspan, but couldn't budge him, and then Congress passed the law by a veto-proof supermajority, tying his hands. Well, actually, the reason that the law passed by that overwhelming margin was because of the Clinton Administration's strong advocacy, including Congressional testimony by Larry Summers and harsh public and private attacks on advocates of regulation by Summers and Robert Rubin.

tucker6
09-30-2013, 11:12 PM
lying seems like such a strong word. How about misremembered ... :faint:

TJDave
09-30-2013, 11:25 PM
Last time the government shut down President Clinton was so preoccupied in thought that he accidentally put his penis in an intern's mouth.

Tom
10-01-2013, 07:30 AM
That is his legacy.

HUSKER55
10-01-2013, 10:19 AM
when you think about it, a man in his position could do much better than an intern who is a lady of "questionable character".

body wise, he could do better on the street. I am fairly confident that is all he was interested in.

jballscalls
10-01-2013, 10:33 AM
That is his legacy.

It's interesting you say that, as everyone I know has his legacy as the best presidency they remember.

So interesting how people in the same country can see things so differently.

PaceAdvantage
10-01-2013, 12:35 PM
It's interesting you say that, as everyone I know has his legacy as the best presidency they remember.How come Clinton doesn't take heat for the "Internet Bubble" or all those people who lost their ass in Enron?

How come Clinton doesn't get more blame for allowing Al Queda to hatch and carry out their 9/11 attack? Is he not worthy of just as much blame as Bush?

If a Republican were president during this unprecedented bubble, do you think he would get such a free pass?

Is Bush blamed for Enron btw, since he was technically president when they blew up in October 2001...

It's amazing who gets blame and who gets praise depending on the D or the R.

Robert Goren
10-01-2013, 12:44 PM
How come Clinton doesn't take heat for the "Internet Bubble" or all those people who lost their ass in Enron?

How come Clinton doesn't get more blame for allowing Al Queda to hatch and carry out their 9/11 attack? Is he not worthy of just as much blame as Bush?

If a Republican were president during this unprecedented bubble, do you think he would get such a free pass?

Is Bush blamed for Enron btw, since he was technically president when they blew up in October 2001...

It's amazing who gets blame and who gets praise depending on the D or the R.Enron had ties to the GOP and the Bushes. I remember a lot of republicans returning campaign funds to the trustees. I haven't seen so many politicians running for cover since Jonestown.

mostpost
10-01-2013, 03:07 PM
How come Clinton doesn't take heat for the "Internet Bubble" or all those people who lost their ass in Enron?
Because the "Internet Bubble" was different from the housing bubble. The internet bubble was caused by investors who overextended on tech stocks.
The housing bubble was partially caused by people overextending on housing, but primarily by the use of suspect financial instruments based on a continuing growth in the housing market. There was a lot of fraud involved.

Enron was a clear case of fraud perpetrated by the Enron executives.

rastajenk
10-01-2013, 03:10 PM
The Bushies prosecuted the case, didn't they? And look how partisan the Justice Dept has become now. Would the current crew have gone through with it if they were handed a similar situation? I think they have, and they didn't.

Tom
10-01-2013, 03:14 PM
Let's not forget that huge sucking sound that Clinton started with NAFTA.
He was the one who started our jobs on their voyage out of town.

Seriously, a top executive who has sex with a young intern........how can any of you ignore that? Does your dictionary have the word preditor in it? How about pervert?

tucker6
10-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Let's not forget that huge sucking sound that Clinton started with NAFTA.
He was the one who started our jobs on their voyage out of town.

Seriously, a top executive who has sex with a young intern........how can any of you ignore that? Does your dictionary have the word preditor in it? How about pervert?
Mr Clinton would like you to provide him with the definition of "sex" before he answers your question.

Tom
10-01-2013, 03:20 PM
What Hillary won't give him, and what he is glad she won't.

thaskalos
10-01-2013, 03:21 PM
This article is as much about the "money machines" that BOTH our political parties in this country have become, as it is about the Clintons.

I just wanted to point this out before it gets lost in the "us against them" arguments that usually ensue after articles of this type.

tucker6
10-01-2013, 03:22 PM
The housing bubble was partially caused by people overextending on housing, but primarily by the use of suspect financial instruments based on a continuing growth in the housing market. There was a lot of fraud involved.

As usual, you buy into the left talking points. Fact is that many people looked at their homes as cash registers. That was the primary problem. Then you had the democrats soften lending rules to goose the economic boom to last a little longer. That was the secondary problem. Then you had lending institutions in some cases skirting good lending practices. That was the tertiary issue.

Try reading more literature.

mostpost
10-01-2013, 03:25 PM
That is so much bullcrap.
http://www.truth-out.org/archive/item/65173:clinton-911-and-the-facts
In 1996 Clinton presented Congress with an omnibus anti terror bill which included the following.
Screen Checked Baggage: $91.1 million

Screen Carry-On Baggage: $37.8 million

Passenger Profiling: $10 million

Screener Training: $5.3 million

Screen Passengers (portals) and Document Scanners: $1 million

Deploying Existing Technology to Inspect International Air Cargo: $31.4
million

Provide Additional Air/Counterterrorism Security: $26.6 million

Explosives Detection Training: $1.8 million

Augment FAA Security Research: $20 million

Customs Service: Explosives and Radiation Detection Equipment at Ports: $2.2 million

Anti-Terrorism Assistance to Foreign Governments: $2 million

Capacity to Collect and Assemble Explosives Data: $2.1 million

Improve Domestic Intelligence: $38.9 million

Critical Incident Response Teams for Post-Blast Deployment: $7.2 million

Additional Security for Federal Facilities: $6.7 million

Firefighter/Emergency Services Financial Assistance: $2.7 million

Public Building and Museum Security: $7.3 million

Improve Technology to Prevent Nuclear Smuggling: $8 million

Critical Incident Response Facility: $2 million

Counter-Terrorism Fund: $35 million

Explosives Intelligence and Support Systems: $14.2 million

Office of Emergency Preparedness: $5.8 million

In Congress, Clinton was thwarted by the reactionary conservative majority in virtually every attempt he made to pass legislation that would attack al-Qaeda and terrorism. His 1996 omnibus terror bill, which included many of the anti-terror measures we now take for granted after September 11, was withered almost to the point of uselessness by attacks from the right; Senators Jesse Helms and Trent Lott were openly dismissive of the threats Clinton spoke of.

Clinton wanted to ban US companies and individuals from dealing with banks and financial institutions which Al Qaeda was using to launder money. That bill was killed by Senator Phil Gramm, because his Enron buddies were using those same networks to launder their dirty money from the Enron scandal.

Finally, from "Clinton, 9/11 and the facts.
Just before departing office, Clinton managed to make a deal with the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development to have some twenty nations close tax havens used by al-Qaeda. His term ended before the deal was sealed, and the incoming Bush administration acted immediately to destroy the agreement.

Tom
10-01-2013, 03:31 PM
The Death Pilots were already here under Clinton - that deal had zero to do with 9/11.

Clinton refused to pull the trigger when he the chance.
In fact, the only trigger action he had was having Monica pull his.

delayjf
10-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Just before departing office, Clinton managed to make a deal with the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development to have some twenty nations close tax havens used by al-Qaeda

Al Qaeda paid taxes?????

mostpost
10-01-2013, 04:08 PM
Al Qaeda paid taxes?????
Of course. What do you think they are? Republicans? :lol:

I think they are referring to tax havens used by (ostensibly) legal companies which fund Al Qaeda.

NJ Stinks
10-01-2013, 04:20 PM
It's interesting you say that, as everyone I know has his legacy as the best presidency they remember.

So interesting how people in the same country can see things so differently.

This place is a real eye opener. For instance, where else can you find sane people believing Democrats just caused a government shutdown? Where else can you find sane people that believe Clinton's biggest legacy was being the recipient of Monica's blowjobs?

If you ever wondered how the right can come up with so many beyond belief presidential candidates, come here and read. Soon enough, you will wonder no more.

mostpost
10-01-2013, 04:25 PM
This place is a real eye opener. For instance, where else can you find sane people believing Democrats just caused a government shutdown? Where else can you find sane people that believe Clinton's biggest legacy was being the recipient of Monica's blowjobs?

If you ever wondered how the right can come up with so many beyond belief presidential candidates, come here and read. Soon enough, you will wonder no more.
I am not letting you get away with that. Prove that Tom is sane. Prove that Clocker is sane. Prove that JustRalph is sane. Prove that Fast is sane. You can't make outlandish statements without providing proof.

tucker6
10-01-2013, 04:35 PM

what is Clinton best known for??

http://www.ask.com/question/what-is-bill-clinton-famous-for

Appears you are on the outside looking in.

hcap
10-01-2013, 05:12 PM
what is Clinton best known for??

In 2012, Newsweek magazine asked a panel of historians to rank the ten best presidents since 1900. The results showed that historians had ranked Franklin D. Roosevelt, Theodore Roosevelt, Lyndon Johnson, Woodrow Wilson, Harry Truman, John F. Kennedy, Dwight Eisenhower, Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan and Barack Obama as the best since that year.

tucker6
10-01-2013, 05:22 PM
In 2012, Newsweek magazine asked a panel of historians to rank the ten best presidents since 1900. The results showed that historians had ranked Franklin D. Roosevelt, Theodore Roosevelt, Lyndon Johnson, Woodrow Wilson, Harry Truman, John F. Kennedy, Dwight Eisenhower, Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan and Barack Obama as the best since that year.
That doesn't answer the question as to what Bill Clinton is best known for. He's best known for cigars and BJ's.

Now for your top ten list, by memory there have only been 15 or 16 since 1900. Certainly GHW Bush is better than Obama, as is Nixon. Laugh all you want about him. He deserved to be thrown out of office, but he was better than the last two presidents combined, and by a large margin.

PaceAdvantage
10-01-2013, 05:31 PM
The left is resembling the characters in Atlas Shrugged more and more these days...

Have fun when Detroit becomes the norm across the country boys...

JustRalph
10-01-2013, 07:47 PM
Wow.......I promise I had not read this prior to the PM. I swear......

Tom
10-01-2013, 07:49 PM
This place is a real eye opener. For instance, where else can you find sane people believing Democrats just caused a government shutdown?

OF course they did.
Where was O.Hussein over the weekend?
Playing golf.

Where was the senate until late Monday afternoon?
On recess.

Where was the House?
Working to stop a shut down and save 1 quarter of a million jobs.

The reason the government is shut down is because Ding Harry refused to negotiate on anything at all, as did O. Hussein.

What was the deal breaker for the Talicrats>
They refused to accept the deal that they have to live under nO-Care like the rest of us. They would not give their highly illegal waiver - one O. Hussein had no legal right to grant. And they would not settle a one year delay to nO-Care, even though O. Hussein has illegally put off parts of it for a year - onyl when it suits him. He has no right to do that. We keep hearing the sap tell us that nO-Care is a passed law and we have to live with it.

OK, he has NO RIGHT to delay a passed law. But he did, to repay political cronies.

So how about this - NO ONE gets out of nO-Care - everyone has to participate - no exception at all.

Stinky, if this law is so good, why is everyone that pays bribes to O. Hussein and the senate so dead set against being a part of it?

Take a day or two - I know asking you to think will likely cause you some discomfort, you know, using muscles you don't usually use, and with the snafu on Day 1 of nO-Care, you will not likely get someone to pay for your aspirin.

Take you time, get back to me.

NJ Stinks
10-01-2013, 08:31 PM
Take you time, get back to me.

Don't need any extra time, Tom. You are dead wrong in thinking Dems have to negotiate Obamacare. That's yesterday's news. Today's debate is about the budget and that, unfortunately for Republicans, has nothing to do with Obamacare.

You guys sound like a football team that just got thrashed last week and now you want to change the outcome of last week's game.

Cry me a river. :rolleyes:

Tom
10-01-2013, 08:38 PM
The medical devices part - that is costing us 250,000 jobs, is certainly budget related. You guys on the left really need to learn to focus on more than one sound byte at a time.

I notice, as usual, you avoid addressing ANY points I made....
Is that relly all you have to offer?

mostpost
10-01-2013, 09:34 PM
The medical devices part - that is costing us 250,000 jobs, is certainly budget related. You guys on the left really need to learn to focus on more than one sound byte at a time.

I notice, as usual, you avoid addressing ANY points I made....
Is that relly all you have to offer?
Where do you come up with this stuff? Who says the new tax on medical devices-which is just 2.3%-is costing us any jobs. Here are some facts with a link.
http://www.offthechartsblog.org/scare-talk-on-medical-device-tax-doesnt-square-with-reality/

First the tax does not apply to things such as wheelchairs, eyeglasses, contact lenses, hearing aids or any other mechanical devices the public buys for personal use. It covers things like coronary stents, artificial knees and hips, cardiac pacemakers and imaging technology.

Second, increased demand for these items will more than offset the tax.

Third, since the tax went into effect in January of this year, companies in this field have continued to be very profitable. On the stock exchange:
Medtronic is up 29 percent, Johnson and Johnson 24 percent, Boston Scientific 104 percent, and St. Jude Medical 46 percent —

Tom
10-01-2013, 09:55 PM
I think you are wrong.
No surprise.

NJ Stinks
10-01-2013, 10:22 PM
I think you are wrong.
No surprise.

Read and learn.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Medical-Device-Excise-Tax:-Frequently-Asked-Questions

hcap
10-02-2013, 06:41 AM
What will GWB be remembered for?

Ask the organizers of the 2012 republican convention who apparently are in total denial that he was a RECENT president. :cool: :cool:

tucker6
10-02-2013, 07:08 AM
What will GWB be remembered for?

Ask the organizers of the 2012 republican convention who apparently are in total denial that he was a RECENT president. :cool: :cool:
1a. The Iraq war
1b. 9/11 aftermath

hcap
10-02-2013, 07:13 AM
1a. The Iraq war
1b. 9/11 aftermath

1a and b are why your party conveniently forgot him......... unless you want to talk about dog portraits

Tom
10-02-2013, 07:56 AM
Standing on the rubble at Ground Zero with his arm around that fireman.

tucker6
10-02-2013, 08:03 AM
1a and b are why your party conveniently forgot him......... unless you want to talk about dog portraits

No, GWB is not well liked by me because he left all the fiscally conservative policies that the GOP has held forever and threw them out the window. Look at the rhinos. They look no different than your average democrat. Spend, spend, and more spend. I want a different voice than that. We can't afford to not have a balanced voice in DC asking the spenders to sober up.

tucker6
10-02-2013, 08:05 AM
Standing on the rubble at Ground Zero with his arm around that fireman.
yes. 9/11 aftermath wasn't necessarily a cut on Bush. It is something he'll be remembered for though.

hcap
10-02-2013, 08:09 AM
Here opn PA off topic, he become a man idol causing grown men to swoon in political and SEXUAL admiration. A mix of John Wayne and Jesus Christ come to save of from evildoers particularly when we took our eyes off Afghanistan and invaded Iraq.

Should have been here when things went way south and no WMDs were found. Zilch, nada. :lol:

JustRalph
10-02-2013, 08:34 AM
Here opn PA off topic, he become a man idol causing grown men to swoon in political and SEXUALadmiration.

You get away with murder around here anymore.

PaceAdvantage
10-02-2013, 09:16 AM
Here opn PA off topic, he become a man idol causing grown men to swoon in political and SEXUAL admiration. A mix of John Wayne and Jesus Christ come to save of from evildoers particularly when we took our eyes off Afghanistan and invaded Iraq.

Should have been here when things went way south and no WMDs were found. Zilch, nada. :lol:It's funny you don't hold Hillary and Bill and all the other prominent Dems who were pushing the "Iraq has WMDs, has had WMDs and used them in the past, and will have them and use them again" agenda in the late 90s and also before Bush invaded.

Oh, you'll say they were all duped by this supposed deliberately altered fake intelligence...but you know that's not an accurate representation of the truth...not even close.

And what is this sexual admiration you insanely write of?

Careful, you're starting to sound like Capper Al...not a good thing.

PaceAdvantage
10-02-2013, 09:18 AM
You get away with murder around here anymore.Of course he does. But he and Al will complain non stop how mistreated they are here because they lean left (and in Al's case WAY left).

They act like they are censored or something.

They are given free reign to express their views and beliefs, and STILL cry about how unfair it is around here.

Sorry guys if there aren't more people rallying around your nonsense...maybe if it were filled with less nonsense, you'd have more fans.

Tom
10-02-2013, 09:34 AM
You get away with murder around here anymore.

No class like low class.

delayjf
10-02-2013, 10:47 AM
Here opn PA off topic, he become a man idol causing grown men to swoon in political and SEXUAL admiration.

I thought he was referring to Clinton and how all the ladies swoon around him.

I think Clinton's legacy will be
a) Signing NAFTA
B) Repealing Glass Steagall

Way to go Billdo!

delayjf
10-02-2013, 01:55 PM
In Congress, Clinton was thwarted by the reactionary conservative majority in virtually every attempt he made to pass legislation that would attack al-Qaeda and terrorism. His 1996 omnibus terror bill, which included many of the anti-terror measures we now take for granted after September 11, was withered almost to the point of uselessness by attacks from the right; Senators Jesse Helms and Trent Lott were openly dismissive of the threats Clinton spoke of.

I don’t know what you are talking about - The bill was passed minus the wire tapping provisions. It’s ridiculous to now claim that had the bill been passed in its entirety it would have stopped 9/11.

Clinton wanted to ban US companies and individuals from dealing with banks and financial institutions which Al Qaeda was using to launder money. That bill was killed by Senator Phil Gramm, because his Enron buddies were using those same networks to launder their dirty money from the Enron scandal.
Again, what are you talking about?? Clinton signed Executive order 12947 which did exactly that. That executive order is still in place.

dartman51
10-02-2013, 02:45 PM

Should have been here when things went way south and no WMDs were found. Zilch, nada. :lol:

That's a LIE that the left keep hammering on, but they refuse to look at facts.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2010/10/wikileaks-show-wmd-hunt-continued-in-iraq-with-surprising-results/

delayjf
10-02-2013, 05:30 PM
And let us not forget the Libyans WMD's that could easily be in the hands of Terrorist today had Bush not intimidated them out of Kaddafi.

Tom
10-02-2013, 07:10 PM
Do a search here - I posted that I thought the chemical weapons were taken to....wait for it........

Syria!

hcap
10-03-2013, 03:31 AM
That's a LIE that the left keep hammering on, but they refuse to look at facts.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2010/10/wikileaks-show-wmd-hunt-continued-in-iraq-with-surprising-results/

This was my first paragraph.....
Here on PA off topic, he become a man idol causing grown men to swoon in political and SEXUAL admiration. A mix of John Wayne and Jesus Christ come to save of from evildoers particularly when we took our eyes off Afghanistan and invaded Iraq. You weren't even a around here in 2003-2004. The hard core cadre of righty haters were on rant after rant of Islamophobic diatribes. Tom and Jr were babbling like school girls about Dubyas' crotch straps on the flight deck of "mission accomplished"

WMDs From Wired....."Remnants" of Saddam’s toxic arsenal, largely destroyed after the Gulf War, remained. Jihadists, insurgents and foreign (possibly Iranian) agitators turned to these stockpiles during the Iraq conflict — and may have brewed up their own deadly agents"

as Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz later admitted, for “bureaucratic reasons”—i.e., it was the one allegation that the State Department, the Pentagon and the CIA all agreed could provide a serviceable cover for the real motives: seizing vast oil resources and establishing US dominance of the Middle East.
Remnants of WMDs left over from 10 years earlier when we supported Saddan weith weapons and info are not "Saddam has reconstructed his WND program

* The claim that Iraq has sought uranium from Niger, in west Africa—this proved to based on forged documents and was exposed as a lie nearly a year before Bush included the charge in his 2003 State of the Union address.

* The claim that thousands of aluminum tubes imported by Iraq could be used in centrifuges to create enriched uranium—debunked by the International Atomic Energy Agency as well as by American nuclear scientists.

* The claim that Iraq had up to 20 long-range Scud missiles, prohibited under UN sanctions—no such rockets have been found, nor were any fired during the military conflict.

* The claim that Iraq had massive stockpiles of chemical and biological agents, including nerve gas, anthrax and botulinum toxin—nothing has been found, despite searches at hundreds of sites targeted before the war by US intelligence reports.

Etc., etc., etc,. etc., etc,. etc., etc,. etc., etc,.

delayjf
10-03-2013, 08:26 AM
The claim that Iraq has sought uranium from Niger, in west Africa—this proved to based on forged documents and was exposed as a lie nearly a year before Bush included the charge in his 2003 State of the Union address.

The forged documents were not the basis for the intel that the US and Britain based there assessment of the Iranian visit nor did they change the original assessment.

The claim that Iraq had massive stockpiles of chemical and biological agents, including nerve gas, anthrax and botulinum toxin—nothing has been found,

Totally false, you just admitted that they found remnants of Iraq's stockpile.

Question - how many people can you kill with a "remnant" of nerve gas?

PaceAdvantage
10-03-2013, 08:28 AM
Tom and Jr were babbling like school girls about Dubyas' crotch straps on the flight deck of "mission accomplished"This is simply another lie. I dare you to come up with a post from either that contains the words "crotch strap(s)"

And by the way, this challenge extends to all "righties," not just Tom and JR.

There was absolutely nothing sexual in nature about any posts relating to Bush (unless you consider his last name a double entendre).

So stop being the drama queen you so love to be when it comes to your righty inferiority complex.

Tom
10-03-2013, 09:01 AM
hcap.....are you typing this crap with one hand?
I suspect YOU are the one smiling through it all.

hcap
10-03-2013, 04:55 PM
I might have exaggerated. But not much.

Much less than you gentlemen do about how much liberals are enamored with O. And are payed for their votes with EVIL social progress. Besides I am probably the last lib left after those sorry years of Bush the wise evildoer fighter And I do remember how much you gentlemen wanted to wipe out all them ragheads. Particularity Tom and JR

NJ Stinks
10-03-2013, 05:59 PM
Besides I am probably the last lib left after those sorry years of Bush the wise evildoer fighter

Hcap, I salute you for your endurance and patience all these years. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

It may seem like a fruitless effort most of the time trying to reason with righties here. But, on the plus side, I can assure you that the entertainment value for the casual reader is off the charts! :cool:

hcap
10-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Hcap, I salute you for your endurance and patience all these years. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

It may seem like a fruitless effort most of the time trying to reason with righties here. But, on the plus side, I can assure you that the entertainment value for the casual reader is off the charts! :cool:I am not as active on the political side as I used to be. No matter what the hard liners here tell you. But yes occasionally when political tempers flare the righties get carried away with their absolute sense of certainty and they become easy prey to pick off. At least until I do lose patience. Like the Global warming thread(s). Some on the other side DO have a case to be made, but many are on automatic pilot.

Will probably stick around to see the outcome of Obamacare and the shutdown, but then back to the religious side. Maybe. Health is an issue.

Keep on keeping on. :) :)

JustRalph
10-03-2013, 08:22 PM

Much less than you gentlemen do about how much liberals are enamored with O. And are payed for their votes with EVIL social progress. Besides I am probably the last lib left after those sorry years of Bush the wise evildoer fighter And I do remember how much you gentlemen wanted to wipe out all them ragheads. Particularity Tom and JR

I have never referred to anyone as a "raghead" where do you get this shit?

Tom
10-03-2013, 08:53 PM

He has long ago lost touch with reality.
Wretched old man mad at the world.....lashing out with one hand, typing crap with the other. Pissed off at being proven wrong and made to look foolish too many time by two many people......feeling the effects from the millions of degrees radiating from the center of the earth. It finally occurred to him that THIS is why the ice is melting and the world warming up. and then he found out Al Gore uses Hi-Test in his car.

mostpost
10-03-2013, 09:33 PM
This is simply another lie. I dare you to come up with a post from either that contains the words "crotch strap(s)"

And by the way, this challenge extends to all "righties," not just Tom and JR.

There was absolutely nothing sexual in nature about any posts relating to Bush (unless you consider his last name a double entendre).

So stop being the drama queen you so love to be when it comes to your righty inferiority complex.
It doesn't matter if you or any one else used the phrase "crotch straps." Hcap's point was that there was an unreasoning-euphoric support of anything Bush did at the start of the Iraq War.

Bush could have made his statement about the end of combat operations from the East Room of the White House. He could have done it from the Pentagon or from Ground Zero. Instead he choose to don a flight suit, get in a jet plane and fly, I mean be flown, onto the deck of an air craft carrier. Why? Because he wanted-needed-to be seen as the macho warrior. Maybe it wasn't sexual for you but for him?

mostpost
10-03-2013, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap

Reply by JR
hcap never said you did. At least not in words. In attitude it might be a different story. I can recall many recent posts by you and Tom advocating a No Prisoners policy to all Arabs.

Show Me the Wire
10-03-2013, 09:53 PM
mostie,

Syrians are not Arabs.

mostpost
10-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Wretched old man mad at the world.....lashing out with one hand, typing crap with the other. Pissed off at being proven wrong and made to look foolish too many time by two many people......feeling the effects from the millions of degrees radiating from the center of the earth. It finally occurred to him that THIS is why the ice is melting and the world warming up. and then he found out Al Gore uses Hi-Test in his car.
If hcap is bitter and angry because he has learned that global warming is being caused by the millions of degrees of heat radiating from the center of the earth, I have good news for him. Cheer up H, the temperature at the center of the earth is not millions of degrees. It is 6000 degrees Celsius or 10800 degrees farenheit. Global warming is not being caused by radiation from the center of the earth and I think we should feel sorry for anyone who believes that.

Tom
10-03-2013, 09:59 PM
14kNtnJgXXM

PaceAdvantage
10-03-2013, 10:05 PM

It may seem like a fruitless effort most of the time trying to reason with righties here. But, on the plus side, I can assure you that the entertainment value for the casual reader is off the charts! :cool:You lefties are truly getting more obnoxious by the hour.

Does it get difficult looking down your nose from up on high like that?

Tom
10-03-2013, 10:07 PM
At least he won't drown when it rains.

PaceAdvantage
10-03-2013, 10:08 PM
It doesn't matter if you or any one else used the phrase "crotch straps." Hcap's point was that there was an unreasoning-euphoric support of anything Bush did at the start of the Iraq War.

Bush could have made his statement about the end of combat operations from the East Room of the White House. He could have done it from the Pentagon or from Ground Zero. Instead he choose to don a flight suit, get in a jet plane and fly, I mean be flown, onto the deck of an air craft carrier. Why? Because he wanted-needed-to be seen as the macho warrior. Maybe it wasn't sexual for you but for him?More obnoxiousness bordering on the obscene.

You guys have really been putting on a show lately...enjoy yourselves.

BTW, if me and Ralph and Tom were making the kinds of posts you guys have been making in this thread, would this be the time you start to throw the phrase "circle jerk" into the mix? I know you guys love to use that phrase.

In fact, if seems you guys are always using these sexual terms in the political threads...are you guys not getting enough at home?

mostpost
10-03-2013, 10:33 PM
14kNtnJgXXM
You and Al Gore think it's millions of degrees.
Me and scientists think it's 6000 degrees.
Can I put you on Al's side on other scientific issues?

NJ Stinks
10-04-2013, 01:21 AM

It may seem like a fruitless effort most of the time trying to reason with righties here. But, on the plus side, I can assure you that the entertainment value for the casual reader is off the charts! :cool:

You lefties are truly getting more obnoxious by the hour.

Let's see now. You claim Hcap is a "drama queen" in Post #51 of this thread. Tom crudely suggests Hcap is masterbating while he types (see Post #52). But I'm being "obnoxious" for praising the guy in Post 54?

Unreal.

thaskalos
10-04-2013, 01:24 AM
Let's see now. You claim Hcap is a "drama queen" in Post #51 of this thread. Tom crudely suggests Hcap is masterbating while he types (see Post #52). But I'm being "obnoxious" for praising the guy in Post 54?

Unreal.

Unreal?

I would call it typical.

PaceAdvantage
10-04-2013, 01:28 AM
Unreal?

I would call it typical.No. Open Eyes.

Rhetoric, including crude sexual references, have been ramped up BY THE LEFT. "Circle jerk" has been a STAPLE of hcap's and his ilk for many moons now.

And for the record, when I addressed NJ Stinks above, I was SPECIFICALLY addressing his "It may seem like a fruitless effort most of the time trying to reason with righties here."

Yes, because we're all SO unreasonable. And we all have nothing but a grade school education. And we're all mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, gun-toting bottom feeders.

Keep up the feigned ignorance...."typical"

Typical my ass.

thaskalos
10-04-2013, 01:46 AM
No. Open Eyes.

Rhetoric, including crude sexual references, have been ramped up BY THE LEFT. "Circle jerk" has been a STAPLE of hcap's and his ilk for many moons now.

And for the record, when I addressed NJ Stinks above, I was SPECIFICALLY addressing his "[B]It may seem like a fruitless effort most of the time trying to reason with righties here."

Yes, because we're all SO unreasonable. And we all have nothing but a grade school education. And we're all mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, gun-toting bottom feeders.

Typical my ass.

Tom has made MUCH more obnoxious comments when he is referring to the liberals of this board than the rather tame comment that SJ Stinks made above...but you have remained conspicuously quiet throughout.

And you also totally overlooked Tom's "masturbation" reference...while making sure that you pointed out that the LIBERALS were the ones who were submitting posts with sexual overtones.

I have seen this all before, of course...that's why I called this sort of behavior from you, "typical".

I don't understand how SJ Stinks could be surprised by it...

hcap
10-04-2013, 03:49 AM
Wretched old man mad at the world.....lashing out with one hand, typing crap with the other. Pissed off at being proven wrong and made to look foolish too many time by two many people......feeling the effects from the millions of degrees radiating from the center of the earth. It finally occurred to him that THIS is why the ice is melting and the world warming up. and then he found out Al Gore uses Hi-Test in his car.The support for GWB invading Iraq was why the word/term "lemming" was first applied to political assholes who blindly follow their leaders off cliffs. The right wing here was in lockstep with The Project for The New American Century, rabid Islamaphobes (and still are), and were all busy planning and crowing over military victories as though they were playing the Civil War on nice clean boards and sipping mint juleps deciding who to nuke today---INCLUDING CIVILIANS, women and children---counting only as "board pieces, deciding exactly how much mega tonnage to use.

When I first joined, I was surprised by the viciousness shown here--TOM--STANDS OUT, AND THAT VICIOUSNESS AND LACK OF REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE was striking. In fact my choice of "Peace Girl" as avatar was in direct opposition to the apparent cruelty and inhumane bullshit bandied about by a bunch of overweight (not so old then) white guys playing arm chair general. And cackling in glee as "we" rolled on through to Baghdad.

Don't tell me I imagined all of that. Islamophobia was so thick and pervasive it was physically painful for me to get through some of the most vile posts. That's the history of the place and no matter how those guys try and deny the call for blood, fear and hate dominated the place. The axis of PA off topic always revolved around a few cadre of righties who, (to their credit) have been consistent and stuck together. And of course mostly wrong :)

Most of the old time libs here are gone and usually just got too tired to deal with the imbalance and name calling. On the other hand for the most part there have been interesting mini wars here that were worth the fray, and although I get pissed with "assertions" by the right taken as realities, almost everyone of the "hard line crew" have been warm and fair on a personal level. Sometimes politics is not the be and end all.

But don't tell me I am re-writing what occurred then. Exaggeration, perhaps, but not by much.

JustRalph
10-04-2013, 03:58 AM
I guess if the guys posting all this right wing hate weren't overweight it wouldn't be so bad........don't tell me you're a body nazi too? HCAP.......care to share your religeous preference?

hcap
10-04-2013, 04:10 AM
Nah, just sayin'. Been there done that.

As Tom might say "Been fatter, been thinner" :lol:

hcap
10-04-2013, 04:40 AM
Circle jerk appeared here way before I used it. Did a search and found it appearing way back in 2004, as far as this search engine will allow.

Why even the best of us have feet of clay and are repeat offenders. Much more recently.......

Is there no low this SOB will not sink to?
Views: 1,427
Posted By Tom
Circle jerk ! You guys are the exact type of...

Circle jerk !

You guys are the exact type of folks Limbaugh used to make fun of when he used to mock, "We're outraged ! We won't stand for this!...shame, shame, shame..."

:lol:

You have nothing...
And more recently on the Rock on Chicago! 33 shot this weekend thread.

hcap
10-04-2013, 05:05 AM
Btw, Is this the proverbial circle-jerk happening right here on PaceAdvantage.Com. I think this goes against the posted "Terms of Service" as it clearly states posts of a sexual nature are forbidden! DOH! You were critiquing other posters, but introduced the phrase into the thread

From 04-14-2005

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=182879&postcount=101

Tom
10-04-2013, 07:45 AM
How did they not sign hcap for the movie Gravity?
His tether has been cut for years.

hcap
10-04-2013, 07:47 AM
How did they not sign hcap for the movie Gravity?
His tether has been cut for years.Drooling again? Tighten your bib

PaceAdvantage
10-04-2013, 09:17 AM
I really don't understand why you or anyone else would expect me to remain unbiased IN MY POSTS?

Sure, you should be concerned if I start actually EDITING differing opinions or BANNING people who have different outlooks.

But I'm getting really tired of you and others "scolding" me for apparent biases in how I interact with others when posting to this section of the board.

I am conversing with them, just as you are. Just like mostpost continually telling everyone how much SMARTER he is than every righty on here. Just like NJ Stinks and his ARROGANCE towards righties here.

In that vein, I am just another cog in the wheel, and you should view me as such.

Tom has made MUCH more obnoxious comments when he is referring to the liberals of this board than the rather tame comment that SJ Stinks made above...but you have remained conspicuously quiet throughout.

And you also totally overlooked Tom's "masturbation" reference...while making sure that you pointed out that the LIBERALS were the ones who were submitting posts with sexual overtones.

I have seen this all before, of course...that's why I called this sort of behavior from you, "typical".

I don't understand how SJ Stinks could be surprised by it...

PaceAdvantage
10-04-2013, 09:20 AM
When I first joined, I was surprised by the viciousness shown here--TOM--STANDS OUT, AND THAT VICIOUSNESS AND LACK OF REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE was striking. In fact my choice of "Peace Girl" as avatar was in direct opposition to the apparent cruelty and inhumane bullshit bandied about by a bunch of overweight (not so old then) white guys playing arm chair general. And cackling in glee as "we" rolled on through to Baghdad.

Don't tell me I imagined all of that. Islamophobia was so thick and pervasive it was physically painful for me to get through some of the most vile posts. That's the history of the place and no matter how those guys try and deny the call for blood, fear and hate dominated the place. The axis of PA off topic always revolved around a few cadre of righties who, (to their credit) have been consistent and stuck together. And of course mostly wrong :) You need to toughen up son.

Besides, half the shit you post is self-admitted "hyperbolic," so why should I trust what you write without clear cut evidence of your charge? In short, I don't believe you.

Tom
10-04-2013, 09:58 AM
And cackling in glee as "we" rolled on through to Baghdad.

If you search, you find a post where I call for Rumsfeld's firing before the first tank rolled into Baghdad. You will find me suggesting we ipeach Bush for his jailing of the two border guards. You will many post by others critical of right wing politicians. I dare yo to find one by a lefty critical of the left. Talk about lock-step - YOU guys invented it! :lol:

But nice rant.
I hope they don't nuke you.

Tom
10-04-2013, 09:59 AM

Are you for real?
Seriously, get your head out your arse, son.
My comments were DIRECTLY in response to post by hcap.
Maybe the pace is a tad too fast for your here? :lol:

tucker6
10-04-2013, 10:04 AM
all this because Bill Clinton was caught lying again ... :D

See lefties, both sides have had their skunks in the bushes. I remember when the GOP was dead and could not be revived after Nixon. Six years later, Reagan steamrolled the dems and kept it going for 16 years. I believe Obama's administration is directly related to Bush's presidency in that the country found the direction we were heading as unacceptable. So too will the country find Obama's direction unacceptable as it really is similar to Bush's, only more illegal in defending the constitution. 2016 will be interesting.

mostpost
10-04-2013, 11:23 AM
If you search, you find a post where I call for Rumsfeld's firing before the first tank rolled into Baghdad. You will find me suggesting we ipeach Bush for his jailing of the two border guards. You will many post by others critical of right wing politicians. I dare yo to find one by a lefty critical of the left. Talk about lock-step - YOU guys invented it! :lol:

But nice rant.
I hope they don't nuke you.
I don't often post anything critical of the left. I don't have time! I'm too busy responding to the nonsense the right posts here. I can tell you that, among other things, I thought Obama took far too long to get us out of Iraq; that he is taking too long to get us out of Afghanistan; that he should have tried harder to close Guantanamo-although he was hamstrung by Republican refusal to fund transfers of prisoners to American prisons.

I thought the stimulus was too weak. I thought we should have enacted single payer. I thought Obama should have opposed the sequester. And I think Harry Reid is a very weak majority leader.

But that is nothing compared to what I think of the right.

Tom
10-04-2013, 11:27 AM
mostie.....:faint:

hcap
10-04-2013, 12:51 PM
Tom, you and I have had endless debate on these matters. You cannot deny your position on Arab countries then was to nuke first and ask questions later

Remember the good ole days......

/P6WD7B_I_9c?f

mostpost
10-04-2013, 01:44 PM
mostie,

Syrians are not Arabs.Per Wikipedia 90% of Syrians are Arabs. The official language of Syria is Arabic. To me that seems to make them Arabs.

You are thinking of Iran which is 61% Persian and 2% Arab and whose official language is Persian.

thaskalos
10-04-2013, 01:47 PM
I really don't understand why you or anyone else would expect me to remain unbiased IN MY POSTS?

Sure, you should be concerned if I start actually EDITING differing opinions or BANNING people who have different outlooks.

But I'm getting really tired of you and others "scolding" me for apparent biases in how I interact with others when posting to this section of the board.

I am conversing with them, just as you are. Just like mostpost continually telling everyone how much SMARTER he is than every righty on here. Just like NJ Stinks and his ARROGANCE towards righties here.

In that vein, I am just another cog in the wheel, and you should view me as such.

Maybe you need to toughen up too...son.

You can't be sensitive in the off-topics...at least that's what I've been told...

hcap
10-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Or being told "how dare you step on my toes! Get off so I can continue stepping on yours" :cool:

PaceAdvantage
10-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Maybe you need to toughen up too...son.

You can't be sensitive in the off-topics...at least that's what I've been told...Being tired does not equate to being sensitive.

It's taken me THIS LONG to directly address these charges, which are levied at me ALL THE TIME...if I were sensitive about it, I would have spoken up YEARS ago...

thaskalos
10-04-2013, 02:29 PM
Being tired does not equate to being sensitive.

It's taken me THIS LONG to directly address these charges, which are levied at me ALL THE TIME...if I were sensitive about it, I would have spoken up YEARS ago...

This is my point, PA...and I don't think that I am wrong here; and if I am wrong...then I hope you will point out the error in my thinking.

You are right when you say that you are entitled to express your biases here just like anybody else. We express our biases here...and you should be allowed to as well.

Here is where you are wrong though...IMO:

When WE -- on the left -- openly express our biases, you will often jump in and point our biases out to us in a "rub-it-in-our-face" sort of way. You will make comments like..."If Tom or JR had said this instead of one of your own, then you guys would have gone ballistic", etc... You like pointing out the biases of those on the left...but you seem overly sensitive when someone points out your OWN biases, to you.

I have no problem treating you like "another cog in the wheel" during our conversations...but we should be allowed to criticize you about YOUR biases, just as you are free to criticize us about our own biases.

Or is it your intention to switch between your roles of "administrator-moderator-cog in the wheel"...as it suits you?

Because that would be unfair...IMO.

PaceAdvantage
10-04-2013, 02:38 PM
I have no problem treating you like "another cog in the wheel" during our conversations...but we should be allowed to criticize you about YOUR biases, just as you are free to criticize us about our own biases.But you don't do this! You first throw it in my face that I am supposed to be some sort of unbiased moderator, when in fact, I am hardly ever moderating down here!!

If I were actually editing posts or banning people, then you have a point.

Tom
10-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Tom, you and I have had endless debate on these matters. You cannot deny your position on Arab countries then was to nuke first and ask questions later

Remember the good ole days......

/P6WD7B_I_9c?f

Not true at all.
I had no questions to ask later.

hcap
10-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Not true at all.
I had no questions to ask later.Not even "gee what happened to my butt"? :)

NJ Stinks
10-04-2013, 11:59 PM

You lefties are truly getting more obnoxious by the hour.

And for the record, when I addressed NJ Stinks above, I was SPECIFICALLY addressing his "It may seem like a fruitless effort most of the time trying to reason with righties here."

Typical my ass.

Just because one tries to reason with somebody and fails doesn't mean the person one is trying to reason with is dumb, etc. If it does, it's news to me.

reason [ˈriːzən]
vb
1. (when tr, takes a clause as object) to think logically or draw (logical conclusions) from facts or premises
2. (intr; usually foll by with) to urge or seek to persuade by reasoning
3. (tr; often foll by out) to work out or resolve (a problem) by reasoning[from Old French reisun, from Latin ratiō reckoning, from rērī to think]