PDA

View Full Version : just a trend

lamboguy
09-30-2013, 10:28 PM
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/oxford-professors-nearly-half-our-jobs-could-be-automated-within-the-next-20-years

as luck would have it, i walked into my Bank of America branch this afternoon to make a withdraw. i walk in the place, a bank that i have used for the past 50 years and low and behold, there were no tellers in bank. the manager that i knew was still in the place along with another girl at the desk. he told me this branch is one of the test branches for teller less window's. he told me if i want to withdraw a big amount this ATM will allow it. the ATM is hooked up to a live person in a central office. i didn't have a debit card though, so the branch manager made a temporary card so he showed me how to use the new terminal and i had no problem with it.

JustRalph
09-30-2013, 10:44 PM
Did they charge you a fee?

sammy the sage
09-30-2013, 10:44 PM
Td banks doing the same thing...

lamboguy
09-30-2013, 11:00 PM
Did they charge you a fee?
no fee, that's probably the next step after you get used to using this thing.

lamboguy
09-30-2013, 11:02 PM
Td banks doing the same thing...they are probably all going to go this route. this way the banks will make even more money.

the latest thing now is that Gold is now a tier 1 asset. that means that banks can hold their reserve money in gold if they feel like doing that. i am sure they will some day, banks don't miss to many tricks.

johnhannibalsmith
09-30-2013, 11:49 PM
Damn, I quit banks many years ago in part because of stuff like this. But actually, this move could make me a customer again if it means no more glorified McDonald's cashiers posing as bank tellers trying to "upsell" me on everything they offer when I go to cash a check and then attempt use their super-keen intellect to outwit or shame me into signing up for as many of their useless accounts as they can.

Do I know there's a six dollar check cashing fee? Yeah, I know. That's why I'm not a customer you ****ing moron.

Bettowin
10-01-2013, 02:11 PM
Credit Union.

I wouldn't do any business with Bank of America if they were the only ones left.

therussmeister
10-01-2013, 03:41 PM
I haven't seen the inside of a bank in this millennium.

JustRalph
10-01-2013, 03:53 PM
Credit Union.

I wouldn't do any business with Bank of America if they were the only ones left.

Sometimes you don't have a choice. They bought my mortgage

But it just dropped to 2.24 %...........I get 3 offers to refinance from them every week. They want off the hook..... :lol: