PDA

View Full Version : Party of NO

Tom
09-30-2013, 03:51 PM
Harry Reid, Obama, refusing to negotiate anything.
House passes a bill Sunday that would keep the government running, pay our military, stop a part of nO-Care that is costing thousands of jobs, and onjly postpones nO-Care for one year. Obama has already - illegally- put off parts of it for a year, to cater to his cronies, and satisfy the wishes of the majority of the people. The senate - not at work, sleeps in until 2 today - then rejects the bill because the refuse to negotiate.

The shut down is 100% the fault of the dems.
100%

DJofSD
09-30-2013, 04:18 PM
From the '60's: On Strike! Shut It Down!

Tom
09-30-2013, 09:46 PM
Meanwhile, Obama lies through his teeth about it.
Well, maybe he isn't lying - maybe he just to damn stupid to know the difference between this vote and the debt ceiling vote.
I bet that is is....too damn stupid.

Naw, he is a proven liar - he is lying.

highnote
10-02-2013, 09:31 PM
Republicans should be rejoicing. They want smaller government. What better way to have a smaller government than to not fund it?

The shut down is probably a good thing. Now there is less chance a gov agency will screw something up. If only essential services are getting funding then why do we need the others?

Clocker
10-02-2013, 09:49 PM
Obama met with the Congressional leadership at the White House this afternoon and said that he would agree to meaningful negotiation of the budget issues. Right after Congress unconditionally passes a Continuing Resolution and unconditionally approves an increase in the debt ceiling.

Story here. (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/03/us/politics/congress-budget-battle.html?_r=0)

riskman
10-02-2013, 10:04 PM
Little attention has been given to the real catastrophe to be played out,the cancellation of the Navy vs. Air Force football game this Saturday. Is nothing sacred?

It is amazing how much the nanny state is involved in every part of our lives.When you sit down and think about it, highnote has a valid point. The clowns in D.C. are truly an embarrassment. I cringe when I see them on the tube. Any corporation would fire their ass after the way they have conducted themselves.I will never vote for any incumbent that sits in the present congress or senate. Hope they all go down to defeat.

Tom
10-02-2013, 10:48 PM
Every day, we are seeing how much government we don't really need.
The repubs are trying to fund areas that need itl like kids with cancer, but Harry Reid would let them die rather than give up his political games. Is this the real Obama Care?

I'll tell you what else, when 10/17 comes., I say NO and let us default. Let us not pay the bills Screw it all. The repubs should pass a final bill, then go home and not come back.

Clocker
10-02-2013, 10:57 PM
I'll tell you what else, when 10/17 comes., I say NO and let us default. Let us not pay the bills Screw it all. The repubs should pass a final bill, then go home and not come back.

That's another Obama lie. If the Congress does not raise the debt ceiling, the country will still collect taxes, and the tax revenue coming in is more than enough to prevent default and to fund some basic minimum level of government services. That's when TOTUS would have to make some real decisions.

TJDave
10-02-2013, 11:14 PM
The United States will not default. The debts owed are in U.S. dollars. We can print as much of them as we need.

ArlJim78
10-02-2013, 11:23 PM
is there a more despicable slug than dingy Harry? I don't think so. only in government is it possible to find people of such low wormlike character in positions of power.

Striker
10-02-2013, 11:27 PM
Little attention has been given to the real catastrophe to be played out,the cancellation of the Navy vs. Air Force football game this Saturday. Is nothing sacred?

They get to play.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2013-10-02/air-force-nacy-amry-games-government-shutdown-status-playing-boston-college-week-6

JustRalph
10-03-2013, 12:38 AM
is there a more despicable slug than dingy Harry? I don't think so. only in government is it possible to find people of such low wormlike character in positions of power.

Don't forget Dingy Harry was worth 200k when he entered the Senate, depending on who you believe. He makes 170K? He's now worth millions........amazing how that happens......

ArlJim78
10-03-2013, 12:50 AM
Don't forget Dingy Harry was worth 200k when he entered the Senate, depending on who you believe. He makes 170K? He's now worth millions........amazing how that happens......
he's also the guy who spoke out on behalf of funding for Cowboy Poetry festivals in a prior budget battle.

Tom
10-03-2013, 07:34 AM
The United States will not default. The debts owed are in U.S. dollars. We can print as much of them as we need.

Yes, that is why I say, call him on it.