PDA

View Full Version : Lane Kiffin fired..finally

TheEdge07
09-29-2013, 09:22 AM
Fired this morning.Why was he hired?

Robert Goren
09-29-2013, 09:59 AM
28-15 while down 10 scholarships a year thanks to Pete Carroll. A tough crowd to please. I guess you could see it coming though. His dad bailed on him this year to work in Jerryville.

TJDave
09-29-2013, 01:49 PM
Not to worry. He'll go back to Tennessee. They love him there.

Striker
09-29-2013, 05:04 PM
Smart move but way too late

Stillriledup
09-29-2013, 05:58 PM
Fired this morning.Why was he hired?

Because he has high moral fibre and unmatched integrity as well as being an incredibly nice guy who nobody has a bad thing to say about? :D

delayjf
09-30-2013, 07:54 AM
He went a long way on his Dad's name - I never understood what they saw in him.

Robert Goren
09-30-2013, 11:53 AM
An interesting story of how it was done. They pulled him aside as the team was getting on plane home and fired him on the spot. There is at least one version going around that Kiffin wasn't allowed to ride back with the team.

Stillriledup
09-30-2013, 04:48 PM
To me, it was alarming that every second of every day, Kiffin had this play sheet in his face, i havent seen coaches show the 'need' to stare down at a play calling chart... it just seems like the guy doesnt know what he's doing, this is college football, you win games because your guys are faster and more talented than the other guys, digging your face into a play chart and literally never looking up once tells me that you have too many plays, too much complicated stuff, you dont need to be Belichick to win college football games, you just run basic plays and let the talent of the players win the games, you dont need to overthink it and it seems that Lane was obsessed with his plastic playchart.

sandpit
10-01-2013, 08:17 PM
An interesting story of how it was done. They pulled him aside as the team was getting on plane home and fired him on the spot. There is at least one version going around that Kiffin wasn't allowed to ride back with the team.

On Sportscenter this morning they said he got "LA-xed" http://paceadvantage.com/forum/images/smilies/47.gif