PDA

View Full Version : The GOP Is Terrified Obamacare Could Be a Success

maddog42
09-28-2013, 09:56 PM
"Because Republicans are terrified that Obamacare could actually work. Already, the law has provided 54 million Americans free access to preventive services like check-ups and mammograms. More than six million seniors have saved more than six billion dollars on their prescriptions. Nearly 13 million consumers have received more than one billion dollars in rebates from insurance companies that had overcharged them. There are more than three million happy young adults who have been allowed to stay on their parents’ health insurance until they turn 26. And in California, a state that represents one-fifth of the U.S. economy, we’ve learned that premiums for the law’s new insurance options have come in lower* than expected."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/07/11/the-gop-is-terrified-obamacare-could-be-a-success.html

Clocker
09-28-2013, 10:17 PM
That article is from July. The tide has turned. ObamaCare is on a fast track to a train wreck, and more and more Republicans want it left alone to play out on its own, and run against it in 2014.

Tom
09-28-2013, 10:59 PM
I think MD is just about here on nO-Care...... :lol:

JustRalph
09-28-2013, 11:37 PM
You're selling tickets to a bus that's already full.

Slide over.........

mostpost
09-29-2013, 12:27 AM
That article is from July. The tide has turned. ObamaCare is on a fast track to a train wreck, and more and more Republicans want it left alone to play out on its own, and run against it in 2014.
The only train wreck is what is going to happen to the Republican Party when Obamacare becomes the success it is sure to me. Stories about a few companies discontinuing coverage while hundreds of companies maintain the coverage they have won't change that. Misleading stories about premium increases won't change that. Silliness about keeping your doctor or not keeping your doctor won't change that.

And nobody is going to agree to the House proposal that they will raise the debt ceiling if we postpone Obamacare for a year.

JustRalph
09-29-2013, 12:51 AM
The only train wreck is what is going to happen to the Republican Party when Obamacare becomes the success it is sure to me. Stories about a few companies discontinuing coverage while hundreds of companies maintain the coverage they have won't change that. Misleading stories about premium increases won't change that. Silliness about keeping your doctor or not keeping your doctor won't change that.

And nobody is going to agree to the House proposal that they will raise the debt ceiling if we postpone Obamacare for a year.

Silliness about keeping your doctor ? This is why you are a dyed in the wool sycophant. For many people the long term relationship between them and a doctor they trust is one of the most important relationships in their life.

How are obvious premium increases misleading? You are forcing people to buy something they do not want. You are completely screwing young people. How is that misleading? A few companies dropping coverage? There are millions of people losing coverage. In the restaurant industry alone there half a million who have lost coverage and have had their hours cut. This forces them to seek a second and sometimes a third job. Yet you ignore the fact that an out and out bribe was committed to pass the legislation. The Messiah stood up and lied about losing coverage and doctors. All in the name of forcing something down the throats of people who did not want it.

And you have the gall to act as if you know better and you actually think you can make these decisions for people. It's plain and simple statism and tyranny. The kind in which Redcoats were shot and hanged for.

Clocker
09-29-2013, 12:53 AM
The only train wreck is what is going to happen to the Republican Party when Obamacare becomes the success it is sure to me.

There is obviously something stronger than liberal Kool Aid being passed around, and I am not getting any of it.

You guys need to quit bogarting that choom if you want the rest of us to buy into this ObamaCare pipe dream.

http://i1.wp.com/theweedsnobs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Obama-pot.jpeg

iceknight
09-29-2013, 04:02 AM
Misleading stories about premium increases won't change that. r. Misleading stories??
Do you want to see the actual letter from the Insurance company stating premium increases and an offer to "lock in" at the slightly increase prices from Jan - they are increasing my monthly premium by over 27%. Not funny.

but this: http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/obamacare-cold-open/n41321/

jballscalls
09-29-2013, 10:59 AM
Isn't it somewhat prudent to wait and see whether or not it works or doesn't for a majority of people before making a referendum on it? I mean, it was passed legally and upheld by the Supreme Court, and it's not going to get repealed (I dont think so at least).

I guess I just feel like I'd like us to all honestly share our experience, not focus on the experiences of people we don't know.

Tom
09-29-2013, 11:19 AM
The Tea Tax was perfectly legal in 1776. How long should they have waited, 1800? 1850?

When you smell a skunk, do you wait to make sure is is black and white?

Nothing being done today by the House is illegal, so go for it. When legal means are exhausted, then we go to Plan B. ;)

Tom
09-29-2013, 11:23 AM
Addressing the thread title, though, the GOP is scared to death of something.
It is the Teat Party wing. They know the people of the US do NOT support mainstream repubs. The know the TP wing represents the will of the people. They know that repbus only win elections with TP candidates.

And they know that slugs like McCain, to stupid to go home and too stupid to shut up are killing them. McCain is a poster boy for failure - he has failed at everything the has done in his life. The man is poison. And yet they give him the floor to speak for them. A prize for the first newbie TP senator to physically throw his ass out the door and down the steps of the Capital.

delayjf
09-29-2013, 12:32 PM
I think ultimately the Demwits want Obamacare to fail, because then they can blame republicans, Corporations, the wealthy etc - and replace Obamacare with single payer.

The people who recieve the subsides like all other entitlments / free stuff will continure to vote for those giving them free stuff. That's why the Demwits want open borders - more people wanting free stuff = more Demwit voters.

MutuelClerk
09-29-2013, 12:55 PM
Honestly I can't stand my government anymore. I vote proposals and neither party. IF a President is re-elected and this was one of his major platforms it seems to me it's what the people want. It's time to put our toe in the water and see what happens. Good. Bad. Ugly.

Tom
09-29-2013, 01:17 PM
The House was elected to stop him.
You don't stick your tow in, you dive in, then drown.
Here is a clue - If obaba amd democrats like it, it is definitley bad.

hcap
09-29-2013, 02:37 PM
The Tea Tax was perfectly legal in 1776. How long should they have waited, 1800? 1850?False equivalency Today's Tea Pe-eers<>Paul Revere.

/lJXecThFgD0?

"Senator what have you moved?"

HUSKER55
09-29-2013, 02:45 PM
SO why aren't the numbers posted? Obama himself said on Fox that the cost was less than the phone bill.

Mine is $80. What do you think?
Why won't Obama tells us how he arrived at the numbers?
Why is it that the insurance people either pull out of the exchange, like Aetna, or they say the rates are going up, some say over 50%?

Why stall? If this is soooo damn good then publish the numbers.

hmmmmmm....I wonder why the democrats don't do that.

Capper Al
09-29-2013, 02:53 PM
"Because Republicans are terrified that Obamacare could actually work. Already, the law has provided 54 million Americans free access to preventive services like check-ups and mammograms. More than six million seniors have saved more than six billion dollars on their prescriptions. Nearly 13 million consumers have received more than one billion dollars in rebates from insurance companies that had overcharged them. There are more than three million happy young adults who have been allowed to stay on their parents’ health insurance until they turn 26. And in California, a state that represents one-fifth of the U.S. economy, we’ve learned that premiums for the law’s new insurance options have come in lower* than expected."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/07/11/the-gop-is-terrified-obamacare-could-be-a-success.html

That's right. The success of Obamacare would be another program that they won't be able to kill. Obamacare would be added to the list of medicare, social security, and public education. Once mainstream they won't be able to get rid of it. That's why the right is going for the all in suicide attack.

hcap
09-29-2013, 02:56 PM
HUSKER, Rates have been posted publicly and linked to on this board

Here's what Cruz said Tuesday during his floor speech

"If you go to the 1940s, Nazi Germany," Cruz said. "Look, we saw in Britain, Neville Chamberlain, who told the British people, 'Accept the Nazis. Yes, they'll dominate the continent of Europe but that's not our problem. Let's appease them. Why? Because it can't be done. We can't possibly stand against them.'"

Yedsterday....

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) asserted Sunday that he didn't compare those skeptical of his defund Obamacare effort to Nazi appeasers during his 21-hour quasi-filibuster last week.

delayjf
09-29-2013, 03:10 PM
You mean the subsidized rates don't you?

hcap
09-29-2013, 03:11 PM
Both

hcap
09-29-2013, 03:35 PM
Some history for our T-Peer members :cool:

http://www.perrspectives.com/blog/archives/002834.htm

The Real Reason for the GOP's All-Out War on Obamacare

....During his press conference on Friday, President Obama pondered why the GOP's "number one priority, the one unifying principle in the Republican Party at the moment is making sure that 30 million people don't have health care." But in attributing the 40 Affordable Care Act repeal votes, the threats to shut down the government over Obamacare funding, the tens of millions of dollars in misleading ads and another summer of town hall rage to the GOP's "ideological fixation," the President was only partly right.

At its core, the Republicans' scorched-earth opposition to Obamacare has never been so much about "freedom" or "limited government" or any other right-wing ideological buzzword as it has been about political power, pure and simple. Now as for the past 20 years, Republicans have feared not that health care reform would fail the American people, but that it would succeed. Along with Social Security and Medicare, successful health care reform would provide the third and final pillar of Americans' social safety net, all brought you by the Democratic Party. To put it another way, the GOP was never really concerned about a "government takeover of health care", "rationing", "the doctor-patient relationship" or mythical "death panels," but that an American public grateful for access to health care could provide Democrats with an enduring majority for years to come

hcap
09-29-2013, 03:44 PM
From 2008

http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/capital-commerce/2008/11/21/how-tom-daschle-might-kill-conservatism

How Tom Daschle Might Kill Conservatism

...The GOP strategist had been joking about the upcoming presidential election and giving his humorous assessments of the candidates. Then he suddenly cut out the schtick and got scary serious. "Let me tell you something, if Democrats take the White House and pass a big-government healthcare plan, that's it. Game over. Government will dominate the economy like it does in Europe. Conservatives will spend the rest of their lives trying to turn things around and they will fail."

Clocker
09-29-2013, 03:51 PM
Obamacare would be added to the list of medicare, social security, and public education. Once mainstream they won't be able to get rid of it.

Al gets one right. Once established, "free" healthcare will be carved in stone as an inalienable right.

Only partial credit, though, for not taking the analysis far enough. ObamaCare in operation, whether it "succeeds" or crashes, will be the final nail in the coffin of the middle class. Welcome to the proletariat, the new normal.

Tom
09-29-2013, 04:00 PM
Right or wrong, hcap is always low-class.
Consistency is always appreciated - thanks for being a clod.

hcap
09-29-2013, 04:03 PM
And how exactly are you un-clod-ish? :)

HUSKER55
09-29-2013, 06:30 PM
THE subsidy is in the form of tax credits against what you owe. if your taxes are less than the subsidy, you lose because you didn't earn enough. You do not get a refund check for a credit.

That means you pay the full bill every month.

If you smoke there is a 50% surcharge that the insurance companies may be able to charge you for if they want to. Just guessing, but my $2 says they will.

HUSKER55
09-29-2013, 06:36 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/business/obamacare-plan-premiums-unveiled-as-wisconsin-tops-us-average-b99106410z1-225172842.html

forgot the link.

hcap
09-30-2013, 11:19 AM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/dk-production/images/50732/lightbox/TMW2013-10-02color.png?1380289433

Tom
09-30-2013, 11:52 AM
THE subsidy is in the form of tax credits against what you owe. if your taxes are less than the subsidy, you lose because you didn't earn enough. You do not get a refund check for a credit.

If you smoke there is a 50% surcharge that the insurance companies may be able to charge you for if they want to. Just guessing, but my $2 says they will.

So smokers have to pay extra, but sluts get free birth control and even single men have to have maternity coverage?

Who wrote this bill, some blooming idiot?
How about fat pigs like Candy Crowley...does SHE pay extra?

HUSKER55
09-30-2013, 01:06 PM
HCAP, don't ever change....he shock would kill me!

but wait.......maybe obamacare has that covered

:D

TJDave
09-30-2013, 01:25 PM
sluts get free birth control

Unless you want more sluts.

Tom
09-30-2013, 03:46 PM
One time free spaying.

hcap
09-30-2013, 05:24 PM
HCAP, don't ever change....he shock would kill me!

but wait.......maybe obamacare has that covered

:DPart of the Obama Obamacare introductory offer in addition to free cell phones and fried chicken, are special reduced rates for conservative severe spasms and uncontrolled knee jerking, are 6 free shock treatments. Your choice of doctors and a choice between either AC or DC current. No co-pays

After all RIGHTIES have suffered the most from non-stop bitchin' and deserve socialized medicine too! :cool:

hcap
09-30-2013, 05:29 PM
One time free spaying.The next time you frame your lack of wisdom in a ala Hitler-esque comparison, I will remind you of this post.

Not by any means your worst of course.
:) :)

mostpost
10-05-2013, 12:10 AM

I just saw this-no I saw it before but did not realize that what you are saying is wrong. It is a part of the ACA that you do not have to comply with the individual mandate if doing so would cause a financial hardship. A person who's tax liability is less than the amount of the subsidy would surely be considered as having a financial hardship.

Tom
10-05-2013, 03:57 PM
When I have to pay my money for some slut's sexual escapades, it time to take along hard look at what your side of loonies is calling health care. Obama care will cut back on mammograms and deny them at a certain age, but there is plenty of money for a slut's weekend roll in the hay? Talk about nazi-ism - sluts and in Breast Cancer awareness month as well. You lefties never can see more than one thing a a time, can you?

_______
10-05-2013, 04:04 PM
When I have to pay my money for some slut's sexual escapades, it time to take along hard look at what your side of loonies is calling health care. Obama care will cut back on mammograms and deny them at a certain age, but there is plenty of money for a slut's weekend roll in the hay? Talk about nazi-ism - sluts and in Breast Cancer awareness month as well. You lefties never can see more than one thing a a time, can you?

I wish this could be chiseled in marble. I hate to think of it descending into obscurity on a mere website.

The depth of thought is astounding. I'd want this permanently inscribed on the wall of human wisdom.

JustRalph
10-05-2013, 04:10 PM
I wish this could be chiseled in marble. I hate to think of it descending into obscurity on a mere website.

The depth of thought is astounding. I'd want this permanently inscribed on the wall of human wisdom.

So, I take it you're a Fluke Fan................

Tom
10-05-2013, 04:22 PM
To hell with grandma's breast - Suzie needs a nooner!

_______
10-05-2013, 04:24 PM
So, I take it you're a Fluke Fan................

I'm relatively new here. Either the reference is too inside or I'm out of touch with the culture in general.

You'd have to explain it which I know just kills the joke.

I'm sure everyone else gets it. Good one.

PaceAdvantage
10-06-2013, 09:30 PM

The depth of thought is astounding. I'd want this permanently inscribed on the wall of human wisdom.I know this will shock some, but I agree with...ummm...whatever this guy's name is...we'll call him Blankfield.

Anyway...this has nothing to do with whether you agree with Fluke or not...but everything to do with basic common decency and respect for women.

A woman who uses birth control is not by definition a slut. In fact, the word slut is not only dated, but quite sexist in my opinion, considering I don't think you have a similar word for a male who likes to sleep around. Oh wait...you do...I believe you call him hero or something like that...

But I digress...

Tom
10-06-2013, 10:02 PM
The slut part comes in when she has other people pay for her. I have no problem with women sleeping around or using birth control - but I have all kinds of problems with making me pay for it. A women who cannot say no and cannot pay for it, well, I stand by the term slut. Like Fluke, for example - she was well able to buy her own birth control, but chose to take money away from legitimate illnesses that people needed help with. I think slut is too kind for her. It is not about birth control or sex - it is about forcing others to pay for your pleasure. I have plenty of respect for women who deserve it.

johnhannibalsmith
10-06-2013, 10:05 PM
... I don't think you have a similar word for a male who likes to sleep around. ...

BM

TJDave
10-06-2013, 10:15 PM
BM

Quite the ladies man, he was.

JustRalph
10-06-2013, 11:58 PM
They call them Clinton's

hcap
10-07-2013, 06:09 PM
Well, it was only a matter of time.

From, WorldNutDaily....

According to Washington, universal health care was designed by Adolf Hitler in order to carry out genocide. The Affordable Care Act, he says, will be no different: “Like Hitlercare, Obamacare will inevitably lead to health-care rationing, death panels, millions of uninsured and, eventually, the systematic genocide of the weak, minorities, enfeebled, the elderly and political enemies of the God-state. - See more at: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/wnd-obamacare-will-lead-systematic-genocide#sthash.h2SDmrM6.dpuf

http://www.wnd.com/2013/10/hitlercare-vs-obamacare/

Hitlercare vs. Obamacare
Exclusive: Ellis Washington reveals similarities between systems of socialized medicine

"Since the founders of America’s republic understood that humanity is by nature anti-God, hypocritical and duplicitous, they created a system of checks and balances and limitations of government power because they realized someday a dictator like a Barack Obama would arise and seize power in the United States for himself by ignoring or deconstructing the U.S. Constitution. Since President Woodrow Wilson’s Socialist revolution of 1913 it seems that dishonest politicians and egotistical, corrupt judges have disregarded and circumvented the Constitution to such a degree as to render it now to be a deadletter.

....Obama is using his Gestapo and SS Stormtroppers or so-called “navigators” (e.g., the youth, the unions, Planned Parenthood, NAACP, ACORN, La Raza, etc.) to propagandize the poor, the miseducated and minorities who are being exploited to lead this final blitzkrieg toward forcing universal health care, but like in Hitler’s Germany once the reality of their treachery metastasizes, guess who will be the first ones forced to sacrifice their lives for the Fatherland in our march toward a “perfect” society without illness or suffering? History has repeatedly demonstrated that the weakest and most vulnerable have often been the first victims to be eliminated."

PaceAdvantage
10-07-2013, 08:31 PM
Oh my goodness...I feel so invalidated by hcap's latest post...

Whatever shall I do now?

hcap
10-07-2013, 10:37 PM
Subscribe to World Nut Daily so you can get the latest TeePeer talking points to use in most of your reversed logic, reverse psychology "I know what you are, but what am I" Bizzaro World posts. :cool: :cool:

PaceAdvantage
10-08-2013, 08:26 AM
Subscribe to World Nut Daily so you can get the latest TeePeer talking points to use in most of your reversed logic, reverse psychology "I know what you are, but what am I" Bizzaro World posts. :cool: :cool:Aren't your posts meant to invalidate anyone who steps one foot right of center?

Well, they're working. I'm full of self-doubt and wondering if my entire life up until this point has been a fraud.

Is salvation only possible if I start thinking more like you?

Maybe you're the boxcar of the political realm?

classhandicapper
10-08-2013, 08:47 AM
Good rant by Cavuto

http://conservativevideos.com/2013/10/cavuto-mr-president-fox-news-problem-law/#XQQOzqjzLfximBql.01

hcap
10-08-2013, 08:54 AM
Aren't your posts meant to invalidate anyone who steps one foot right of center?

Well, they're working. I'm full of self-doubt and wondering if my entire life up until this point has been a fraud.

Is salvation only possible if I start thinking more like you?

Maybe you're the boxcar of the political realm?
No, not one foot right of center. Try a few light years instead, while arguing everything Obama does and liberals do, is light years to the left of center. And since you allowed JR to pound this board over and over again with articles that originate from your distant star system, you are the one that has already done exactly what you accuse me (and other libs here) of doling."I'm full of self-doubt and wondering if my entire life up until this point has been a fraud.That very well may be true :cool: . Contact boxcar for further instructions. Although all of us have had our moments with box, he is still an extreme righty politically and much closer to your camp than mine. I would think your mid-life crisis might be worth confessing to such a at least according to him, "saved" individual. :)

Tom
10-08-2013, 08:56 AM
It is an illusion, hcap - the FAR right only appears that way because you are so far left.

As far ar the radical Tea Party, I will take any of them over Ding Harry, Obama, Pelosi, Frank, Durbin.....any day of the week. This country was built on TP principles, not your socialist BS.

hcap
10-08-2013, 09:02 AM
Tom---light on facts heavy on opinionated bullshit.

Your above post is just another repetition of your usual template fitted crappola. :)

Tom
10-08-2013, 09:14 AM
Get a grip man, your template replies don't always match up to the posts you answer! :lol:

HUSKER55
10-08-2013, 10:45 AM
Tom, you don't get it. The only thing a liberal wants a grip of is your wallet!
:D

Ocala Mike
10-08-2013, 01:16 PM
As far ar the radical Tea Party, I will take any of them

Take this guy, please (my esteemed Rep. in the House of Ill Repute):

http://www.businessinsider.com/ted-yoho-on-the-debt-ceiling-2013-10

JustRalph
10-29-2013, 11:03 PM

May I remind you of this post you made a few weeks back?

My response
Silliness about keeping your doctor ? This is why you are a dyed in the wool sycophant. For many people the long term relationship between them and a doctor they trust is one of the most important relationships in their life.

From Dem Underground.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10023941656

Getting everything they deserve.

How are you feeling about this great success now? A month later? Still think it's a "few companies" canceling? 1.8 million notices received so far according to CBS. Lots more to come?

Lots of changes going on. Some ACA related.......? Some not. The ripples in the water are only beginning

PaceAdvantage
10-30-2013, 02:30 AM
From Dem Underground.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10023941656Listen to this one pontificate in that first post:

This is what happens to folks like me because we don't have single-payer or a public option.

I am most upset that I have to find a new doctor. We were told that would not happen.

Still, I am glad others are getting help they didnt have before. I wish I had some of the options they have in the marketplace.One word comes to mind. SUCKER (w/ a Bleeding Heart)

NJ Stinks
10-30-2013, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph

I missed the quote above the first time you posted it.

Really? I like my doctors but no way is our relationship anything close to what you described above. In fact, some docs I really liked over the years thought so much about our relationship that I found out they retired when I called their offices to make an appointment and they were already gone. Trust me - it wasn't like I became an emotional wreck when I got the news! :lol:

JustRalph
10-30-2013, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph

I missed the quote above the first time you posted it.

Really? I like my doctors but no way is our relationship anything close to what you described above. In fact, some docs I really liked over the years thought so much about our relationship that I found out they retired when I called their offices to make an appointment and they were already gone. Trust me - it wasn't like I became an emotional wreck when I got the news! :lol:

NJStinks, I've worked several years in hospitals. Many older folks can become very upset and are truly invested in their relationship with their doctor. There are trust issues and more. This is especially true with patients who are being treated for life threatening or mental health issues.

Often times mental health patients have such close relationships with their Doctor they refuse treatment. They also become very agitated when their regular Doctor is not available. Forcing people to change Doctors is a terrible imposition.

ArlJim78
10-30-2013, 06:28 AM
hearing some of these sob stories from democrats who drank the kool aid on Obamacare and now feel that they were taken in, I'm reminded of the line from the movie Animal House when Otter consoles Flounder about his brothers wrecked car,
"you can't spend your whole life worrying about your mistakes! You f**ked up... you trusted us!"

PICSIX
10-30-2013, 06:54 AM
You f**ked up... you trusted us!"

IMO this sums up the relationship of U.S. citizens to politicians as a whole!! :ThmbDown:

tucker6
10-30-2013, 06:58 AM
Listen to this one pontificate in that first post:

One word comes to mind. SUCKER (w/ a Bleeding Heart)
That's not Obama's fault though. As Mostie and Hcap said or would say, every American had a duty to perform the proper due diligence and read the ACA front to back before voting in the last election. So in spite of the fact that Obama and the Dems lied continuously for months and years on this and other issues pertaining to this act, they are absolved.

It gets harder and harder for our left wing socialist friends on PA to defend obama, but we should perform a golf clap for their efforts thus far. I suspect they will fail at some point seeing as obama and the Dems are losing the media big time on these issues.

Greyfox
10-30-2013, 09:49 AM
That's not Obama's fault though. As Mostie and Hcap said or would say, every American had a duty to perform the proper due diligence and read the ACA front to back before voting in the last election.

:lol: :lol: Yeah sure. Over 10,000 pages and 11 million words.:rolleyes:
Do you think Obama has even read it? :lol:
Not Obama's fault? :rolleyes: :lol:

JustRalph
10-30-2013, 10:10 AM

It comes as a text message on every new Obamaphone...........

tucker6
10-30-2013, 10:35 AM
I hope you realize I was using sarcasm.

Greyfox
10-30-2013, 10:49 AM
I hope you realize I was using sarcasm.

I do.
(And that doesn't mean we just got married.):D

rastajenk
10-30-2013, 11:00 AM
Don't forget that we had to pass it before we'd know what's in it. I don't think that line will ever be good to use again.

LottaKash
10-30-2013, 11:56 AM
Yeah sure. Over 10,000 pages and 11 million words.:rolleyes:
Do you think Obama has even read it?

An "early American" James Madison quote, that is worth repeating:

"It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice, if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood."

Saratoga_Mike
10-30-2013, 01:06 PM
An "early American" James Madison quote, that is worth repeating:

"It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice, if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood."

...don't worry Mostie has us covered

Clocker
10-30-2013, 01:47 PM
It gets harder and harder for our left wing socialist friends on PA to defend obama,

It gets harder and harder for his Cabinet members to defend him.

YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srufFKrnku0)

mostpost
10-30-2013, 05:57 PM
It gets harder and harder for his Cabinet members to defend him.

YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srufFKrnku0)

That is obviously more an example of frustration over the stupid questions of Republican congressmen.

JustRalph
10-30-2013, 06:37 PM
That is obviously more an example of frustration over the stupid questions of Republican congressmen.

yeah, whatever.............
http://www.signnetwork.com/decals/Decals/CARTOONS/Cartoon_Characters/images/Whatever!.jpg

Tom
10-30-2013, 09:09 PM
Isn't it funny how Obama never knows anything about anything going on?
Must the dumbest sombitch on the planet. Except of course, for his supporters.

Clocker
10-31-2013, 01:09 AM
Isn't it funny how Obama never knows anything about anything going on?
Must the dumbest sombitch on the planet.

Quite the contrary. The man is so brilliant that all of this petty little day to day stuff doesn't challenge his massive intellect, so he just delegates it to his minions. The details are beneath him.

I know this is true because Valerie Jarrett said so:
I think that he has never really been challenged intellectually. ... So what I sensed in him was not just a restless spirit but somebody with such extraordinary talents that had to be really taxed in order for him to be happy. ... He's been bored to death his whole life. He's just too talented to do what ordinary people do.

See, that explains everything, doesn't it?

Oh, wait. It doesn't explain one little point that Valerie missed. If Obama is just too talented to do what ordinary people do, why has he never accomplished one single extraordinary thing in his life on his own?

LottaKash
10-31-2013, 03:45 AM
...don't worry Mostie has us covered

Thanks for reminding me, it helps me sleep nights, knowing that he is "on duty" & "on patrol"...

Clocker
10-31-2013, 09:14 AM
Thanks for reminding me, it helps me sleep nights, knowing that he is "on duty" & "on patrol"...

This forum has a neighborhood watch? Wow, I'm impressed.

upthecreek
11-01-2013, 06:06 AM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/10/31/cbss_attkisson_only_6_people_enrolled_in_obamacare _on_first_day.html

What a disaster If this is success,I hate to experience failure.

PaceAdvantage
11-01-2013, 09:38 AM
Only six people enrolled out of the supposed MILLIONS who went on the website.

Way to go OBAMACARE...you ROCK!

And even if you want to blame the website technical problems for the low enrollment, well, that's on the mighty OBAMACARE too...what idiot rolls out a site THEY KNOW isn't going to work...pissing people off...turning them away....

Gee, if the gov't can't even run a website, how can they run the healthcare system?

You'd think people would have figured out the gov't can't run much of anything efficiently...just look at the debt...

Dear Leader...please save us from ourselves!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Clocker
11-01-2013, 11:32 AM
Only six people enrolled out of the supposed MILLIONS who went on the website.

That was expected:

A "Saturday Night Live" parody of Obamacare and the healthcare.gov website got a lot of laughs when "SNL"'s Kate McKinnon portrayed Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius. Little did the cast know how accurate its over-the-top satire would be.

"Millions of Americans are visiting healthcare.gov, which is great news," McKinnon said during the opening of last week's show. "Unfortunately the site was only designed to handle six users at a time."