PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday, Gordon Jones

Lefty
04-14-2001, 11:07 PM
I was going to post this in the AM but forgot. Prof. Gordon Jones is as he says either 51, 61 or 71. I opt for
the latter. His book Gordon Jones To Win was on speed
handicapping and predated Beyer. His was the only book or product to receive 4 horshoes by Systems and
Methods Mag.
Gordon still has as much energy and enthusiasm for the
game as he did when I first met him over 20 yrs ago.
He doesn't know the meaning of the term, burnout.
Many more Prof, many more.

Dave Schwartz
04-15-2001, 12:36 AM
Lefty,

That brings back memories of Gordon Jones at Santa Anita and Hollywood Park doing seminars. I used to go to get his "par" adjustments which he gave out when you attended his breakfast meetings. It was a great deal at $10. Okay, so back then I was single (and younger) and he had a daughter that was not too hard on the eyes as well.

Tom
04-15-2001, 09:29 AM
I bought the Handicapping Expo tape that Gordon did-it was really quite good and I learned a couple of new things from it. Here's a guy who really likes handicapping. I just pulled his book out of moth balls and started reading it again. Geez, there is some stufff in there that works today, in principal.
Tom

Lefty
04-15-2001, 12:01 PM
Dave, believe it or not I attended quite a few of the Prof's seminars At Union Plaza that featured a brkfst
buffet and the Prof for $5.
Joanne was about 16 at the time and a beauty and she
still quite a dish; but i'm a dirty old man.

Dave Schwartz
04-15-2001, 12:59 PM
Lefty,

Yes! Joanne! That was it! Und tell ze professor how you come to know so much about dis voman!

LOL