PDA

View Full Version : Dear Princess Of Sylmar

TheEdge07
09-28-2013, 08:19 PM
Come and get some,

Beholder

andtheyreoff
09-28-2013, 08:54 PM
http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbPDFChartPlus.cfm?BORP=P&STYLE=EQB&DAY=D&tid=CD&dt=05/03/2013&ctry=USA&race=11

TheEdge07
09-28-2013, 08:57 PM
http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbPDFChartPlus.cfm?BORP=P&STYLE=EQB&DAY=D&tid=CD&dt=05/03/2013&ctry=USA&race=11

Whats your point?

iceknight
09-28-2013, 08:58 PM
Whats your point? What was YOUR point, considering the Princess had already defeated Beholder on a grand stage once?

Also today's race win for Beholder was at 1 1/16th...

TheEdge07
09-28-2013, 09:03 PM
What was YOUR point, considering the Princess had already defeated Beholder on a grand stage once?

Also today's race win for Beholder was at 1 1/16th...

Like Beholder-Princess does get some dream trips.

Beholder did ALL the work when they last met..

cj
09-28-2013, 09:14 PM
Like Beholder-Princess does get some dream trips.

Beholder did ALL the work when they last met..

Wouldn't be much of a fight in my opinion, and it wouldn't be Beholder in the winner's circle.

TheEdge07
09-28-2013, 09:20 PM
Wouldn't be much of a fight in my opinion, and it wouldn't be Beholder in the winner's circle.

Cj,depends on the track,distance,pace.Ill take Beholder up to 1 1/8 in the West and Stevens all day.

cj
09-28-2013, 09:45 PM
Cj,depends on the track,distance,pace.Ill take Beholder up to 1 1/8 in the West and Stevens all day.

Well, I don't see Royal Delta rating off the speed again, so she won't be alone like she was today.

TheEdge07
09-28-2013, 09:47 PM
Well, I don't see Royal Delta rating off the speed again, so she won't be alone like she was today.

In your opinion dont you think Princess has had some real nice setups?

iceknight
09-28-2013, 11:40 PM
you addressed it to cj, but if what you are really asking is "someone please agree with me..." .. well I am not. Horses that come from behind/well off the pace always win when they "get dream trips".. and they don't win that often, do they? It is of course fun to watch these athletes run and build up a healthy rivalry, so yes, while I may favor an improving princess but that does nt mean I am going to rule out Beholder either.

CincyHorseplayer
09-29-2013, 01:58 AM
The Princess is looking pretty sharp.Drawing up square with Royal Delta in the stretch and outkicking her,man,that's hard to knock right there.That was awesome.That said Royal Delta will throw her duds out from time to time.This is going to be a great Distaff.I'm on the Princess bandwagon though.I think she runs even better next out.She has me fired up bubba!:cool:

the little guy
09-29-2013, 02:46 AM

Anyone that actually thinks Beholder is better going a route of ground is kidding only themselves.

burnsy
09-29-2013, 08:06 AM

Of course she does, but good horses like that make them for themselves. She can cruise just off the pace and her move is "push button". That race yesterday was not even close, this horse just keeps getting better. I hope they run her again because there just may be a new queen on top of the heap if she repeats that....and if she wins the distaff....dare i say HOY. We will have to wait on what Game on Dude does, but if he loses again. Who knows? Cincy Player is right on...this is the type horse that can fire up the crowd with races like that! Fire it up! :cool:

TheEdge07
09-29-2013, 08:26 AM
Of course she does, but good horses like that make them for themselves. She can cruise just off the pace and her move is "push button". That race yesterday was not even close, this horse just keeps getting better. I hope they run her again because there just may be a new queen on top of the heap if she repeats that....and if she wins the distaff....dare i say HOY. We will have to wait on what Game on Dude does, but if he loses again. Who knows? Cincy Player is right on...this is the type horse that can fire up the crowd with races like that! Fire it up! :cool:

I thought trainer saiid she was done for the year.

classhandicapper
09-29-2013, 10:05 AM
The real story is what I suggested a few days ago. The 3yo filly division is MONSTER good.

Princess of Sylmar just beat Royal Delta.

Beholder Just beat a solid field of older Grade 1 mares.

Princess of Julia put up a Rachel caliber performance earlier in the season than Rachel did it when she was at her bet

Close Hatches is very good, getting better, and could eventually be any kind.

Midnight Lucky looked like she was about to break out and become a star before she got hurt.

Even Unlimited Budget looked like a good one before she went off form.

All that said, IMHO Beholder ran a better race than Princess of Sylmar in the Kentucky Oaks, but I'd take the latter now (and I actually had a small bet on the latter in the Oaks because of the probable pace and ridiculous price etc..). As good as Beholder has been going long (she's done better than I expected), I still think she'd be even better sprinting.

One other thing. It's not unusual for a Mott trained horse to misfire slightly in a race before a Breeder's Cup race. I'd expect Royal Delta to bring her "A" race next time out. Mott wanted a peak next time, not yesterday.

Tom
09-29-2013, 10:57 AM
When Durkin said the stage is set, that was the highlight of the day for me.
I swear I heard a faint *quack* as POS went by.

classhandicapper
09-29-2013, 12:29 PM

I was a huge Princess of Sylmar fan when she was crushing those weak fields early in the year. Despite that, I honestly thought she had little shot yesterday the way the track was playing. I assumed Royal Delta would shake loose, get to the rail, set a comfortable pace and it would be over. I was even concerned she might get involved too early from the outside like she did in the Close Hatches race and blow the place. The whole thing pissed me off because I've been telling people how good she is and I didn't want her to get embarrassed by the bias.

I had no bet on the race, but when POS pulled along side at the 1/4 pole I was freaking screaming like a lunatic for her to get up. It was one of those champion vs. champion moments for me that make me love this game. After the race I was actually wishing the stretch battle was tougher. :lol:

NTamm1215
09-29-2013, 03:25 PM
I was a huge Princess of Sylmar fan when she was crushing those weak fields early in the year. Despite that, I honestly thought she had little shot yesterday the way the track was playing. I assumed Royal Delta would shake loose, get to the rail, set a comfortable pace and it would be over. I was even concerned she might get involved too early from the outside like she did in the Close Hatches race and blow the place. The whole thing pissed me off because I've been telling people how good she is and I didn't want her to get embarrassed by the bias.

I had no bet on the race, but when POS pulled along side at the 1/4 pole I was freaking screaming like a lunatic for her to get up. It was one of those champion vs. champion moments for me that make me love this game. After the race I was actually wishing the stretch battle was tougher. :lol:

Please do all of us a favor and find a new abbreviation for Princess of Sylmar.

TJDave
09-29-2013, 05:58 PM

I've been to Sylmar. Being a princess from there is unbelievable.

CincyHorseplayer
09-29-2013, 07:21 PM

How come?Piece of shit doesn't make you just crack up every time?!!:lol:

thespaah
09-29-2013, 09:59 PM
I concur..POS just doesn't cut it...On many levels.

thespaah
09-29-2013, 10:01 PM
How come?Piece of shit doesn't make you just crack up every time?!!:lol:
How did you know.....Stop it!!!!!
:lol:

iceknight
09-29-2013, 10:22 PM
Please do all of us a favor and find a new abbreviation for Princess of Sylmar. From now on, I am going to call her - SPO. Sylmar, Princess Of.

RXB
09-30-2013, 04:32 PM
Beholder has won four G1 races, three of them this year, only lost to Princess Of Sylmar by a neck in the Ky Oaks and yet seems not to get much credit in some quarters.

I made a rare DRF newspaper version purchase on Saturday and Mike Watchmaker only had her rated fourth in the 3YO filly division. He had Midnight Lucky second. What is going on?

cj
09-30-2013, 04:52 PM
Beholder has won four G1 races, three of them this year, only lost to Princess Of Sylmar by a neck in the Ky Oaks and yet seems not to get much credit in some quarters.

I made a rare DRF newspaper version purchase on Saturday and Mike Watchmaker only had her rated fourth in the 3YO filly division. He had Midnight Lucky second. What is going on?

I wouldn't put much stock in Watchmaker's rankings.

She is a good horse, no doubt about it. But to be fair, she was handed the race on Saturday. Horses with speed (re...the one ridden by Rosie) didn't even try to pressure her. She went slow, and was unpressured, early. It doesn't get any easier than that.

RXB
09-30-2013, 05:12 PM
She is a good horse, no doubt about it. But to be fair, she was handed the race on Saturday. Horses with speed (re...the one ridden by Rosie) didn't even try to pressure her. She went slow, and was unpressured, early. It doesn't get any easier than that.

True, but there was no such scenario in the Ky Oaks and she almost won. Plus, I think part of the reason why she doesn't get challenged is because everyone knows now that it would be almost impossible to win that pace battle-- and if somehow you did prevail in that regard, it would almost certainly be a Pyrrhic victory in the larger picture. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

cj
09-30-2013, 05:21 PM
True, but there was no such scenario in the Ky Oaks and she almost won. Plus, I think part of the reason why she doesn't get challenged is because everyone knows now that it would be almost impossible to win that pace battle-- and if somehow you did prevail in that regard, it would almost certainly be a Pyrrhic victory in the larger picture. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

The damned if you don't seems to be the prevailing wisdom of riders around the country these days. Trying early works a lot more often than not trying, but it seems like everyone is petrified of getting cooked, much more so than in the past.

Jasonm921
10-02-2013, 11:23 AM

Just for you...
http://m.flickr.com/photos/easygoer/10011679566/

TheEdge07
11-01-2013, 07:47 PM
Come and get some,

Beholder

Like i predicted come get some,,

POS has benefited from dream trips this entire year..

beholder is the better filly.

Stillriledup
11-01-2013, 08:00 PM
Come and get some,

Beholder

Wow.

Double Wow.

:D :ThmbUp:

rrpic6
11-01-2013, 08:06 PM
Wow.

Double Wow.

:D :ThmbUp:

Speaking of double wow...did TVG just go bankrupt? Beholder gets bettors 5-1! Which on air guy goes home now? Have a feeling Geno will be on 24/7:lol:

RR

Stillriledup
11-01-2013, 08:48 PM
Speaking of double wow...did TVG just go bankrupt? Beholder gets bettors 5-1! Which on air guy goes home now? Have a feeling Geno will be on 24/7:lol:

RR

5-1? How?

rrpic6
11-01-2013, 08:52 PM
5-1? How?

They've been touting "Double your odds" all week, if the winning horse wins by more than 2 lengths. Beholder wins by 4 or more!

RR

iceknight
11-01-2013, 09:05 PM
Anyone that actually thinks Beholder is better going a route of ground is kidding only themselves. Again, it s horse racing...Beholder ran a classy race and the others did not put up a fight

JustRalph
11-01-2013, 09:09 PM
detention barn?

horses4courses
09-19-2014, 09:07 PM
Rumors on twitter of her retirement?

Churchill Downs ‏@ChurchillDowns 28m
Several reports, quoting owner @EdwardStanco, that 2013 #KyOaks winner Princess of Sylmar is retired.#ThanksPrincess

Cratos
09-19-2014, 10:05 PM
Anyone that actually thinks Beholder is better going a route of ground is kidding only themselves.

Well said!!!!

Shelby
09-19-2014, 10:19 PM
Yes, she's retired now. Sigh.