PDA

View Full Version : California Unemployment

chrisl
09-28-2013, 12:13 PM
What a mess. My wife has not been payed in 6 weeks. She has had no luck getting a hold of anyone from EDD on the phone. There was a guy he committed suicide yesterday and his neighbors stated it was from not being payed his unemployment for almost 2 months, landlord banging on his door everyday trying to evict him, and only eating oatmeal and top ramen. I believe it has more to do than a computer upgrade glitch. Poeple with babys not getting payed. I know that most poeple will say get a job, but it still takes money to do that, Gas, phone, internet, etc. Ole Jerry Moonbeam really has not said much. The labor secratary showed some false balls on tv stating everyone will be paid by tuesday. Then the next day stated well we have another glitch, just crap theatre is all. These poeple who have babys can not even get any other help because they are still considered getting unemplyment payments. The churches are being very helpfull. My wife and I have made a pact to move back to Alaska as soon as we can. This state is a complete mess.

dartman51
09-28-2013, 12:47 PM
What a mess. My wife has not been payed in 6 weeks. She has had no luck getting a hold of anyone from EDD on the phone. There was a guy he committed suicide yesterday and his neighbors stated it was from not being payed his unemployment for almost 2 months, landlord banging on his door everyday trying to evict him, and only eating oatmeal and top ramen. I believe it has more to do than a computer upgrade glitch. Poeple with babys not getting payed. I know that most poeple will say get a job, but it still takes money to do that, Gas, phone, internet, etc. Ole Jerry Moonbeam really has not said much. The labor secratary showed some false balls on tv stating everyone will be paid by tuesday. Then the next day stated well we have another glitch, just crap theatre is all. These poeple who have babys can not even get any other help because they are still considered getting unemplyment payments. The churches are being very helpfull. My wife and I have made a pact to move back to Alaska as soon as we can. This state is a complete mess.

I feel for you and your family, Chris. Pray things will get better soon. But don't be too hard on Jerry, as the Libs on this board will tell you it's all the Repubs fault. They, with all their PROGRESSIVE ideas, has brought California down. Keep your chin up. :ThmbUp:

Tom
09-28-2013, 02:03 PM
California would rather pay to make the illegals happy - you and your wirfe are only ctizens.....not what democrats care about.

I am sorry you are being denied your basic rights as a ctizen in the mentally defectives that are democrats. My advice - get out of that POS state and have it fummigated - the rats are populating. It will neve get better, not with a dope-smoking liberal pig running it. Moonbeam is an embarrassment. A total zero.

BlueShoe
09-28-2013, 02:15 PM
But don't be too hard on Jerry, as the Libs on this board will tell you it's all the Repubs fault. They, with all their PROGRESSIVE ideas, has brought California down.
The Old Hippie this past week just signed the bill raising the minimun wage in California to $10 an hour by 2016. Just what this state needs, push the unemployment rate up to double digits. :rolleyes: He had, of course, the backing of the unions.

Robert Goren
09-28-2013, 02:25 PM
I don't care where you are at, the agency that handles for that Unemployment Insurance is a pain to deal with. They all have attitude that you are cheating system somehow if you have been on it more than month. A bunch of lying jerks that love kicking people while they are down are the people who work there. I don't think you have a problem finding people who problems dealing with them anywhere in the country. In Nebraska, you could just ask anybody who has been on it in the 40 years and you will find a person that thinks they were screwed over. They make race track tellers look competent.

Clocker
09-28-2013, 02:32 PM
He had, of course, the backing of the unions.

A lot of union contracts are indexed on minimum wage. So even though they are making more than minimum wage, they get an automatic wage increase if minimum wage goes up.

JustRalph
09-28-2013, 06:40 PM
You can't be having problems

Bill Mahr says so

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-maher/bill-maher-california_b_3999675.html