PDA

View Full Version : Why We Don't Get Anything Done

hcap
09-28-2013, 09:13 AM
http://voteview.com/blog/?p=887

Graphical proof that ONE party's extremist positions may gum up the works.

Guess which one?

DJofSD
09-28-2013, 09:41 AM
And what works might those be?

BlueShoe
09-28-2013, 10:04 AM
And what works might those be?
One party's patriotic positions have gumned up the works of the attempts by the other party to change the Republic into a clone of the old Soviet Union.

Clocker
09-28-2013, 10:22 AM
Proof that the Founding Fathers were successful in their goal of designing a government that prevented the tyranny of the majority.

hcap
09-28-2013, 10:24 AM
There is an overwhelming tyrannical majority of House Repugs at the moment.

BlueShoe
09-28-2013, 10:35 AM
There is an overwhelming tyrannical majority of Senate Dimicrats at the moment.
FTFY

horses4courses
09-28-2013, 10:37 AM
That would be The Party of No aka The Party of me, myself, and I

hcap
09-28-2013, 10:45 AM
There is an overwhelming tyrannical majority of Senate Dimicrats at the moment.FTFYShould I post a graph illustrating repugs filibustering all the freaking time, and how the present senate is hog tied more than ever in history of the US?

DJofSD
09-28-2013, 11:17 AM
Should I post a graph illustrating repugs filibustering all the freaking time, and how the present senate is hog tied more than ever in history of the US?
Why don't we just dissolve Congress, go to the dictatorship you so much want to have running the country?

Oh, BTW, have you ever watched the movie "Doctor Zhivago?" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059113/?ref_=sr_1)

Clocker
09-28-2013, 11:26 AM
Why don't we just dissolve Congress, go to the dictatorship you so much want to have running the country?

Good idea. The fact that people actually elect Republicans is all the proof needed that people are too stupid to make their own decisions. Life would be so much simpler if we all had the same single payer health plan, all made the same amount of money, all drove a Chevy Volt, all got free college degrees, and all lived happily ever after.

LottaKash
09-28-2013, 11:31 AM
Good idea. The fact that people actually elect Republicans is all the proof needed that people are too stupid to make their own decisions. Life would be so much simpler if we all had the same single payer health plan, all made the same amount of money, all drove a Chevy Volt, all got free college degrees, and all lived happily ever after.

What about the phones ?...You left out the free phones...:D

JustRalph
09-28-2013, 11:32 AM
Those Repugs are just bringing a gun to the Knife fight..........

LottaKash
09-28-2013, 11:35 AM

Oh, BTW, have you ever watched the movie "Doctor Zhivago?" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059113/?ref_=sr_1)

Don't waste your time....He believes that BO is a nice guy, and only has Amerika's best interests at heart....Nothing will sway him from that devotion, imo....Nothing..

DJofSD
09-28-2013, 11:44 AM
Don't waste your time....He believes that BO is a nice guy, and only has Amerika's best interests at heart....Nothing will sway him from that devotion, imo....Nothing..
You are most likely correct but the horse player optimist in me holds out there might be a chance for enlightenment.

I used Zhivago because I could not think of a good movie reference for any parts of French history that would illustrate my point. Something along the lines of the French Revolution, the guillotine, the aristocracy. Or maybe Spain, the Catholic church and the Inquisition.

ArlJim78
09-28-2013, 12:29 PM
The only thing we need to do is to undo some of the stupid things Washington has already done for us. I can only shake my head when I hear comments like "we need bipartisanship to get things done". No we don't. Right now with statists in complete control we need as much gridlock as possible.

Clocker
09-28-2013, 12:41 PM

Guess which one?

It takes 2 to negotiate. Why is one more to blame than the other. I don't know what that chart is presuming to measure. If it says that one party is more flexible than the other, that could be interpreted as saying the more flexible party is less principled and more likely to let politics over-ride policy.

For example, ObamaCare would not have passed the Senate without the Cornhusker Kickback, the Louisiana Purchase, and other purchased Democratic votes. It would not have passed the House had the Blue Dog Democrats not caved on their principles about abortion and other issues.

BlueShoe
09-28-2013, 02:01 PM
Should I post a graph illustrating repugs filibustering all the freaking time, and how the present senate is hog tied more than ever in history of the US?
Sure, why not, you always do. Only problem is that you are the only one that can ever interpret or have any idea as to what they are saying.

Tom
09-28-2013, 02:05 PM
That would be The Party of No aka The Party of me, myself, and I

Democrats, right?

Tom
09-28-2013, 02:08 PM

Wasn't that July?

BlueShoe
09-28-2013, 02:22 PM
What about the phones ?...You left out the free phones...:D
And while you are at it, why not raise the minimum wage to $50 an hour nationwide? That way you would create instant prosperity for everyone. :rolleyes: That is way that leftists think, correct?

Clocker
09-28-2013, 02:26 PM
And while you are at it, why not raise the minimum wage to $50 an hour nationwide? That way you would create instant prosperity for everyone. :rolleyes: That is way that leftists think, correct?

Please, give them some credit for common sense. They only want $20/hour.

Tom
09-28-2013, 02:43 PM
$20 an hour.....why, that is 20 times what most are worth!

HUSKER55
09-28-2013, 06:05 PM
but the rich can afford it and won't get hurt.

just ask a democrt

JustRalph
09-28-2013, 07:02 PM
Shut it down and put the tit back in the bra........then walk away.

The only ones I care about not getting paid are military members. Tip O'Neil did it to me in the 80's ........looks like it's pay back time. We figured out ways to get by in the 80's. they can now. Reagan got us paid. Maybe we can take that Detroit bailout money and pay the military?

The Repubs don't have the balls to go more than a few days anyway

PaceAdvantage
09-30-2013, 02:28 PM
http://voteview.com/blog/?p=887

Guess which one?But they're dead! How can a dead party be causing you so much grief? :lol:

DJofSD
09-30-2013, 02:39 PM
But they're dead! How can a dead party be causing you so much grief? :lol:
One word - zombies!

hcap
09-30-2013, 05:47 PM
Obviously the last remnants and their chief killers are still an obstruction like trash that is clogging up the house (and senate :cool: )

Clocker
09-30-2013, 06:02 PM
One word - zombies!

Zombies (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8sX10_4)

DJofSD
09-30-2013, 06:08 PM
Zombies (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8sX10_4)
Score one for both the former boxer and the man that remembered him and his quip.

BlueShoe
09-30-2013, 06:44 PM
In 2008 the Left gloated and said that conservatism was extinct and the GOP was finished. Then came 2010 and the TEA Party. Could it be that liberals are looking over their shoulders and remembering that? Republicans will hold onto the House in 2014 and have a chance to take the Senate. The TEA Party will again be a major force. By election day the nation may be so screwed up by Obamacare and in such a mess that there could be a Republican landslide. Yes indeed, the conservative wing of the Republican Party is going to cause much grief for the Left.