PDA

View Full Version : SLEW'S FAST HORSES FOR SAT. 09/28

MeSlew
09-27-2013, 08:58 PM
Hello All! For Saturday, 9/28, Slew's final posting until I return on 10/6 looks like this:
Belmont - 1,4,5,6,7,8,10,11
Monmouth - 1,6,8
Churchill - 4,5,7,8,9,10,11
Gulfstream - 1,7,8
SantaAnita - 2,3,5,6,7,8,9,10,11
Woodbine - 1,3,4,7,8,9,10
Arlington - 2,9,11
Parx - 3,7

A huge day at Belmont and Santa Anita, with stakes action galore. Five stakes including the Gold Cup at Belmont, and 6 stakes at Santa Anita. And just a quick note on the Santa Anita listing: it is very full and I'm always cautious when there are so many horses that qualify from fast races. Often times in those cases...class rules.

Anyway, we have two Key Horses running at Belmont on Saturday:

Big Blue Kitten - Bel ( 9) GP 12/08/12 # 5
Orb - Bel (10) GP 02/23/13 # 11

I've written enough about these two and see no reason to re-hash the salient points. If you are new to this space, simply do a search on these guys under the username Meslew, and you will come up with notes on both.

Big Blue Kitten: all you have to do is look back in the PP's to 6/20/12. Then, go up one line. We were on him for that race (noted above) and he hasn't flinched since then.
And don't overlook King Kreesa, son of King Cugat. He has outrun his NY Bred label...but not his pedigree. And at 12-1 on the ML, might be worth a shot in the exacta.

Orb: Ran a heck of a race in the Travers considering his triple crown campaign and the R&R that followed. He'll either step up to the plate for this one or not. It seems to me that he is like a political party. That is to say, you come down on one side or the other, but the gap between the two sides is unbridgeable and defended with passion, regardless of whether the merits are real or fictional.

Cross Traffic ran a wonderful Whitney and should not be overlooked. Both test elders for the first time, and both have their eye on the Breeders Cup. The test here is against age and distance. A very good performance is necessary...it doesn't have to be a win.

I'll be heading north by ocean and will miss the festivities, although I hope to find a TV somewhere onboard and maybe catch the race in some form or other. You, on the other hand, have planned much better than I and won't have that problem. This will also be the last post until I return. Hopefully, I'll get the Sunday 10/6 races up in time. If not, we'll pick it up on Wed., 10/9.

Enjoy a great day of racing on both coasts, and until we meet again...

...good luck and good 'capping!