PDA

View Full Version : The French Republicans

DJofSD
09-27-2013, 01:59 PM
Alexander, Ayotte, Barrasso, Blunt, Boozman, Burr, Chambliss, Chiesa, Coats, Coburn, Cochran, Collins, Corker, Cornyn, Graham, Hoeven, Isakson, Johanns, Johnson (WI), Kirk, McCain, McConnell, Murkowski, Thune, Wicker.

mostpost
09-27-2013, 02:42 PM
Alexander, Ayotte, Barrasso, Blunt, Boozman, Burr, Chambliss, Chiesa, Coats, Coburn, Cochran, Collins, Corker, Cornyn, Graham, Hoeven, Isakson, Johanns, Johnson (WI), Kirk, McCain, McConnell, Murkowski, Thune, Wicker.
My first thought was "What the heck is she talking about?" But, I quickly figured it out. Those are obviously Republicans who voted to invoke cloture on the debt ceiling bill. Which means that French Republicans are Republicans who possess some common sense, who care more about their country than their party and are unwilling to destroy the country over ideology. That's what you meant, right?

Tom
09-27-2013, 03:01 PM
There are three parties -

Liberal democrats
French Republicans ( not rally much difference)
Tea Party conservatives

Only one of the three is good for us all.
French Republicans do not win elections.
When the party puts up conservative candidates, they win big.
When they put up French Dips, they lose.

Clocker
09-27-2013, 03:01 PM
Which means that French Republicans are Republicans who possess some common sense,

Not even close.

Conservative radio talk show host Mark Levin ridiculed the moderate Republicans in leadership Wednesday night, on Sean Hannity’s Fox News show.

“These French Republicans — they’re always surrendering,” Levin noted, calling out the Republican leadership for attacking conservatives who want to defund Obamacare rather than President Obama and the left.

mostpost
09-27-2013, 04:56 PM
There are three parties -

Liberal democrats
French Republicans ( not rally much difference)
Tea Party conservatives

Only one of the three is good for us all.
French Republicans do not win elections.
When the party puts up conservative candidates, they win big.
When they put up French Dips, they lose.
Rick Perry was a conservative candidate who could not win the Republican nomination. Michelle Bachman was a conservative candidate candidate who could not win the Republican nomination. Rick Santorum was a conservative candidate who could not win the Republican nomination. If they could not win the nomination of the conservative Republican party, what makes you think they could win an election in a much less conservative country.

You live in the isolated world of PA off topic where a small group reinforces each others off the wall beliefs. Come out into the real world.

DJofSD
09-27-2013, 04:57 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/27/ted-cruz-now-leads-gop-presidential-pack-poll/

Robert Goren
09-27-2013, 05:20 PM
Please let Cruz be the GOP candidate in 2016. Pretty please.

fast4522
09-27-2013, 05:26 PM
If he kicks the living shit out of the squishy establishment republicans in the next few months we will all be better off, more tea please.

DJofSD
09-27-2013, 05:28 PM
Please let Cruz be the GOP candidate in 2016. Pretty please.
Sure. But just remember, anything you say bad about him just means you're a racist.

Capper Al
09-27-2013, 05:29 PM
If radical Muslims bring us down, that's terrible. But if the tea party shuts down the government that's because they care? Both or Their actions aim for the same results.

JustRalph
09-27-2013, 05:40 PM
If radical Muslims bring us down, that's terrible. But if the tea party shuts down the government that's because they care? Both or Their actions aim for the same results.

more and more off the reservation with each post........

hcap
09-27-2013, 05:48 PM
Sure. But just remember, anything you say bad about him just means you're a racist.is saying Cruz looks and sounds like Gunner Joe McCarthy racist? :)

Clocker
09-27-2013, 06:20 PM
Sure. But just remember, anything you say bad about him just means you're a racist.

It's racist to say bad things about Canadians?

If Cruz made a serious run at the presidency, the lib birthers would make the Obama birthers look like a church choir picnic. I can just picture Chris Matthews and Mr. Ed frothing at the mouth, sputtering and stammering, more incoherent than usual.

hcap
09-27-2013, 06:27 PM
You don't have to worry too much about liberal bad mouthing "gunner Joe" There are plenty of republicans doing that already. :)

fast4522
09-27-2013, 06:29 PM
androgyny mocks United States Marine.

Robert Goren
09-27-2013, 06:32 PM
It's racist to say bad things about Canadians?

If Cruz made a serious run at the presidency, the lib birthers would make the Obama birthers look like a church choir picnic. I can just picture Chris Matthews and Mr. Ed frothing at the mouth, sputtering and stammering, more incoherent than usual.If Cruz was a liberal democrat, the same Obama birthers would be after him. This time they would have a case. As a liberal democrat, I would doubt anyone is going to raise the case against Cruz. We want to run against him too much. He is so crazy that he bound to self-destruct in the national spot light. I just hope he last until after the GOP convention, but I doubt that he will.

hcap
09-27-2013, 06:32 PM
androgyny mocks United States Marine.Lame 4522 comments

jballscalls
09-27-2013, 06:44 PM
You live in the isolated world of PA off topic where a small group reinforces each others off the wall beliefs. Come out into the real world.

See I kind of feel like this as well, because in my real world, I've never met anyone, not a single person who would think Rick Perry, Bachman or Santorum were actually real candidates. They were thought of as total jokes by anyone I know and talk to. Romney was still hated by most of them, but they at least acknowledged that he wasn't on a different planet from them and had a shot.

I realize this is because I live in a liberal part of the country that is happy being liberal and in my lifetime have boomed (Seattle/Portland) economically and grown by leaps and bounds over the decades.

Part of why I like coming back here, because nobody in my real life ever has the strong conservative beliefs, so it's interesting to see what people back here say/think.

dartman51
09-27-2013, 07:15 PM

The ONLY ones threatening to SHUT DOWN THE GOVT. is the Dems. The Repubs passed a bill to totally fund the Govt. but your guys don't like it, so Harry will throw a little tantrum and refuse to vote on it. You guys can stand up and LIE about who is threatening to shut down the Govt., but the American people are slowly getting the message as to who the real culprits are. :ThmbUp:

JustRalph
09-27-2013, 07:17 PM
See I kind of feel like this as well, because in my real world, I've never met anyone, not a single person who would think Rick Perry, Bachman or Santorum were actually real candidates. They were thought of as total jokes by anyone I know and talk to. Romney was still hated by most of them, but they at least acknowledged that he wasn't on a different planet from them and had a shot.

Bachman and Santorum were never real candidates. Not in my opine. And the Repubs are going to let Santorum **** up the primaries again in 2016. Complete idiots. Perry could be a good candidate. But he has to remember he isn't talking to Texans. Many Texans hate Perry. But they love the State of the State. He has a big hand in that no matter how much they hate him. I don't think he could get elected nationally just because there are no Repubs who could get elected Nationally. It's over. The 52% own the country.

Santa Claus Dems have reached the tipping point. That's why Conservatives need to become more and more tactful and realize they are in the hole. Yet they control many many things that could starve the 51% out.

Btw, it's been revealed lately that more people voted for Romney than McCain. Stop the bullshit that the Repubs didn't come out. Repubs and Conservatives are two different groups now. Get used to it.

DJofSD
09-27-2013, 07:18 PM
is saying Cruz looks and sounds like Gunner Joe McCarthy racist? :)
Sure. It's hate speech too.

Robert Goren
09-27-2013, 07:19 PM
The ONLY ones threatening to SHUT DOWN THE GOVT. is the Dems. The Repubs passed a bill to totally fund the Govt. but your guys don't like it, so Harry will throw a little tantrum and refuse to vote on it. You guys can stand up and LIE about who is threatening to shut down the Govt., but the American people are slowly getting the message as to who the real culprits are. :ThmbUp: Nobody is buying that. Not even most republicans.

DJofSD
09-27-2013, 07:21 PM
Nobody is buying that. Not even most republicans.
That's probably true since most republicans are stupid idiots.

hcap
09-27-2013, 07:25 PM
Sure. It's hate speech too.Why is that? Ann Coulter thinks McCarthy is an American hero as do many republicans and TPierzs

Jay Trotter
09-27-2013, 07:30 PM
The ONLY ones threatening to SHUT DOWN THE GOVT. is the Dems. The Repubs passed a bill to totally fund the Govt. but your guys don't like it, so Harry will throw a little tantrum and refuse to vote on it. You guys can stand up and LIE about who is threatening to shut down the Govt., but the American people are slowly getting the message as to who the real culprits are. :ThmbUp:Fantasy Island! :lol: Look Boss, da plain, da plain! :lol:

fast4522
09-27-2013, 07:38 PM
At what point do you know you’re a communist?

PaceAdvantage
09-30-2013, 01:37 PM

I realize this is because I live in a liberal part of the country that is happy being liberal and in my lifetime have boomed (Seattle/Portland) economically and grown by leaps and bounds over the decades.

Part of why I like coming back here, because nobody in my real life ever has the strong conservative beliefs, so it's interesting to see what people back here say/think.You need to get out more.

I meet and know plenty of people here in NY, in NYC in fact, who have strong conservative beliefs. NYC, where 1 in 6 are Republicans...go figure...

And you tout that your liberal Seattle/Portland is booming economically. Well, Rick Perry, whom you characterize as not a real candidate, has been presiding over an economically booming state as well (it's called Texas).

So what exactly are you trying to say? And how accurate are your characterizations given these facts?

hcap
09-30-2013, 05:39 PM
At what point do you know you’re a communist?Certainly NOT by keeping track of how many rabid irrational ant-communists fools accuse you of such,

Or timing how long the drool out of the right corner of their mouth takes to stain their torn 6 month old un- washed t shirts.

Tom
09-30-2013, 09:44 PM
Fantasy Island! :lol: Look Boss, da plain, da plain! :lol:

Sorry, incorrect, but thanks for playing.

BlueShoe
09-30-2013, 11:48 PM
At what point do you know you’re a communist?
When you register to vote and you state your party as Democratic.

dartman51
09-30-2013, 11:56 PM
Fantasy Island! :lol: Look Boss, da plain, da plain! :lol:

WOW!!! Nice intelligent third grade response. :rolleyes: Did you type this while on recess. :sleeping:

BlueShoe
10-01-2013, 12:29 AM
Okay, we are 30 minutes past the deadline, so the government is supposedly shut down. Have not noticed one thing different, have you? This whole thing reminds me a bit of Y2K. A few minutes ago the Dimicrats were weeping and wailing and saying that those evil Republicans were ending civilization in America as we know it.:rolleyes: Thought that Oil Can Harry was going to start shedding tears. Crocodile of course.

jballscalls
10-01-2013, 12:35 AM
Okay, we are 30 minutes past the deadline, so the government is supposedly shut down. Have not noticed one thing different, have you? This whole thing reminds me a bit of Y2K. A few minutes ago the Dimicrats were weeping and wailing and saying that those evil Republicans were ending civilization in America as we know it.:rolleyes: Thought that Oil Can Harry was going to start shedding tears. Crocodile of course.

You have to be joking with this post right? How would anyone notice anything different at 12:30 in the morning LOL

BlueShoe
10-01-2013, 01:04 AM
You have to be joking with this post right? How would anyone notice anything different at 12:30 in the morning LOL
Okay, it's late in many parts of the nation, so perhaps tired minds miss a bit of sarcasm? The point is, not a whole hell of a lot is going to change, not 30 minutes past the deadline, 30 hours, and perhaps not much even after 30 days, if it goes that far, which is very doubtful.

Tom
10-01-2013, 07:33 AM
Can we send McCain home now?
He is non-essential personnel.

Clocker
10-01-2013, 09:58 AM
Can we send McCain home now?
He is non-essential personnel.

The liberal press is already whining about how demoralizing it is for government workers to be classified as non-essential.

So I imagine when they do come back to work, large numbers of them will have to go on medical leave for morale counseling. I wonder if ObamaCare will cover that. I wonder if the public will notice that they are gone.

HUSKER55
10-01-2013, 10:14 AM
If john McCain were to go home and stay home I would be in favor of considering to firing up government again.

Until then, shut the government down so BO and him can't do any more harm.

and yes,..I am not a fan of either. The shut down is an answer to my prayers

jballscalls
10-01-2013, 10:25 AM
Okay, it's late in many parts of the nation, so perhaps tired minds miss a bit of sarcasm? The point is, not a whole hell of a lot is going to change, not 30 minutes past the deadline, 30 hours, and perhaps not much even after 30 days, if it goes that far, which is very doubtful.

Ok now that i've woken up and gone to starbucks and realized the world isn't ending, you may have been right :)

DJofSD
10-01-2013, 10:54 AM
I wonder if the public will notice that they are gone.
Only if the daily commute is easier.

Oh but, wait, won't that let every one know how many people work for the boss? Perhaps that's why the shut down was to be avoided at all cost.