PDA

View Full Version : TNF thread-San Fran @ St. Louis

Valuist
09-26-2013, 09:05 AM
With Thursday night games, I tend to lean to the under. Not a lot of time for teams to make adjustments.

Not today. I'm going OVER 42 here. The once mighty 49er defense has gone bad, giving up 262 points in their last 9 games. Toss in the fact that premier pass rusher Aldon Smith will be absent, and other starters Patrick Willis and Justin Smith are nursing injuries and probably will not be 100%, no reason to think their D improves tonight. SF's concern is getting Kaepernick back on track following two poor games. Throwing for over 400 yards in the opener may have the worst thing for the Niners; Kaepernick has not proven he is an effective pocket passer. Its the fear of running that scares teams. Seattle defended the pass, and let Kaepernick run, and the Niner O struggled. Indy basically did the same thing.

St Louis has issues of their own. The sharps have been on them heavily the past two weeks and they've been burned. They've given up 62 in the past 2 weeks and 86 on the season. So far the opposing QB ratings against them have been 97, 118 and 137. That should be what Kaepernick needs to get back on track.

burnsy
09-26-2013, 09:47 AM
I agree, but i'm staying away from this game. The Rams gave them fits last year, tied once and beat the 49'ers. The over may be a good bet.

Valuist
09-26-2013, 10:07 AM
One other factoid: the Niners are 10-3 to the over since Kaepernick took over from Alex Smith.

The Rams did play them tough last year; one reason I'm staying away from the side. But in the game the Rams won, the Niners completely threw the game away. St. Louis didn't win it; Niners lost it. I'm not sure why the sharps have been so high on St Louis the last 2 weeks. No Stephen Jackson this season so they really are one dimensional. I like the upgrade at tight end, and we'll see on first round pick Tavon Austin. But their pass D has been a mess and they've dug themselves into a deep hole the last 2 weeks; at least made it respectable vs Atlanta.

Fisher is always tough as an underdog (around 60% ATS for his coaching career). Big game for Niners; not only to get Kaepernick back on track, but for Harbaugh to show the adjustments he will make from the two games last year vs St. Louis. If I had to play a side, I'd have to take SF.

Feel like a square; liking a road chalk and over in a prime time game. But sometimes even the squares get it right.

TheEdge07
09-26-2013, 10:41 AM
Rams and taxes

redshift1
09-26-2013, 01:15 PM
Just feels like a big SF win tonight.

wiffleball whizz
09-26-2013, 02:35 PM
Rams money line

Rams plus the points

Rams open ml parlay

Rams

More rams

Ga tech money line with rams

St Louis ml

Rams

Rams Money line

Rams for your life

Wrangling wreck money line

Valuist
09-26-2013, 02:53 PM
Rams money line

Rams plus the points

Rams open ml parlay

Rams

More rams

Ga tech money line with rams

St Louis ml

Rams

Rams Money line

Rams for your life

Wrangling wreck money line

No baseball? Or did St Louis moneyline refer to the Cardinals?

wiffleball whizz
09-26-2013, 07:04 PM
No baseball? Or did St Louis moneyline refer to the Cardinals?

St. Louis rams

The whizz gotem 3.5 and 145.....

Only a fool bets a dead 49 team tonight gentlemen!!

precocity
09-26-2013, 08:19 PM
St. Louis rams

The whizz gotem 3.5 and 145.....

Only a fool bets a dead 49 team tonight gentlemen!!

good only thing against my boys they dropped 1 billion passes? hope they worked on that this week.

cj's dad
09-26-2013, 11:18 PM
2 Really bad teams - 2 really bad QB's and 2 Really bad announcers - Good night all.

wiffleball whizz
09-26-2013, 11:32 PM
2 Really bad teams - 2 really bad QB's and 2 Really bad announcers - Good night all.

Thanks for the celebrity appearance

wiffleball whizz
09-26-2013, 11:33 PM

Although mike mayock is very good announcing,...non stop ripping players for dropping catches

hugh
09-27-2013, 12:39 AM
I think today's game indic ates Atp plays are a no go this sunday.
Go against the browns and the jags.... even spurn the fins on monday night.. just wait for next week.

TheEdge07
09-27-2013, 07:45 AM
Rams and taxes

Bradford sucks..those big 12 qbs freeman mccoy bradford jones they all suck

Rookies
09-27-2013, 07:53 AM
Although mike mayock is very good announcing,...non stop ripping players for dropping catches

Yep. That's NOT the NFL party line, to call it as the rest of us see it.

He'll be bent over a chair and given the ruler by Sister Mary Catharine.

BetHorses!
09-27-2013, 08:10 AM
With Thursday night games, I tend to lean to the under. Not a lot of time for teams to make adjustments.

Not today. I'm going OVER 42 here. The once mighty 49er defense has gone bad, giving up 262 points in their last 9 games. Toss in the fact that premier pass rusher Aldon Smith will be absent, and other starters Patrick Willis and Justin Smith are nursing injuries and probably will not be 100%, no reason to think their D improves tonight. SF's concern is getting Kaepernick back on track following two poor games. Throwing for over 400 yards in the opener may have the worst thing for the Niners; Kaepernick has not proven he is an effective pocket passer. Its the fear of running that scares teams. Seattle defended the pass, and let Kaepernick run, and the Niner O struggled. Indy basically did the same thing.

St Louis has issues of their own. The sharps have been on them heavily the past two weeks and they've been burned. They've given up 62 in the past 2 weeks and 86 on the season. So far the opposing QB ratings against them have been 97, 118 and 137. That should be what Kaepernick needs to get back on track.

Good job :ThmbUp:

Valuist
09-27-2013, 09:58 AM
Good job :ThmbUp:

Thanks. I didn't see the game but went thru the box score. I should've lost. This game should've been a clear under; 40 rushes and 23 passes for San Fran. Textbook under scenario. But the Rams were so awful at stopping the run, the Niners didn't need to pass.

I had posted top 5 and bottom 5 power ratings after 3 weeks and I definitely feel it was correct having St. Louis in the bottom five. We will see how bad they truly are next week when they host the Jaguars.

burnsy
09-27-2013, 12:55 PM
Nice hit. I thought you were done the way the first quarter went, it looked like last year when they played. Neither team was looking good until the end of the half then the niners started pouring it on. Who cares if you look like a square....you won! Its like people that are stubborn with track bias...they won't adjust when it means the difference between winning or losing.

The Rams are my favorite team in the NFC, liked them since i was a kid when they had Roman Gabriel , Merlin Olsen, Deacon Jones and a guy named "Hacksaw" Reynolds...you know your a bad ass when your name is "Hacksaw"...its been said that he hacksawed a car in half. The only reason i'm a Bills fan is because 20 years ago i started going to their games. Burnsies number one betting rule....never bet for or against your favorite teams. You just won't make a sound decision betting with your heart.Then again like that matters some weeks :confused: . Last night the NFL network had probably the best offensive team the Rams ever had..the greatest show on turf.(Warner, Bruce, Faulk, Holt) No one even knew who Kurt Warner was, he turned out to be one of the best there ever was. Their defense was pretty good then too, Mike Jones stops the last play of the SB. These guys are right, Bradford kind of stinks, Bulger was even better than this guy they got now. That defense resembles a wet paper bag.

Robert Fischer
09-27-2013, 03:37 PM
Good call.

Did not see the game, but apparently the 49ers re-established that power running game. I know they don't want Kaepernick to be hurt during the regular season, especially not during the early season or or vs. the weaker teams.
However, I think the 49ers (vs.Rams) gameplan is the right way to go. :ThmbUp:
Line up in read-option a lot, but use the backs. Once in a while use the QB, but primarily just establish that formation while going RB-Heavy.
Even just regular runs will get the point across.

What they should be wary of doing, is to go pass-heavy. That could have a very negative effect, and expose some of their weakness.

Their best shot may be to carry a strong running game into the playoffs and then use read-option to make that running game even better, rip-off yards with the QB, and then also allow Kaepernick the opportunity to pass vs. what will be a match-up or man oriented out-manned defense.