:1: Roman Invader
:2: Princess of Sylmar
:3: And Why Not
:4: Royal Delta
:5: Centring
:6: Lady Cohiba

Stillriledup
09-25-2013, 04:15 PM
Geez, its going to be rough to beat those top 2 favorites, depends on the pace of the race and if Delta can get out there and get a loose lead. I'm going to go with Sylmar, is she getting a weight break by any chance? If she's getting 5 lbs, that would make me like her more.

Rise Over Run
09-25-2013, 05:46 PM
Geez, its going to be rough to beat those top 2 favorites, depends on the pace of the race and if Delta can get out there and get a loose lead. I'm going to go with Sylmar, is she getting a weight break by any chance? If she's getting 5 lbs, that would make me like her more.
Only 3 pounds. She's in at 120, all others at 123.

classhandicapper
09-25-2013, 06:28 PM
IMO, Royal Delta deserves to be the favorite, but Princess of Sylmar is the best of what I think is a strong 3yo filly division (though a few of them are out now). She's also lightly raced enough to have some more upside. The biggest problem for her here is that Royal Delta will get the jump on her and there's not a lot of quality speed in the race. This could wind up being a race like the Gazelle where she's forced to make a bit of a premature move.

If Royal Delta wins, I hope they consider the BC Classic because she'll have absolutely nothing to prove by winning another Ladies Classic.

Stillriledup
09-25-2013, 06:39 PM
Only 3 pounds. She's in at 120, all others at 123.
Thanks.

RXB
09-25-2013, 07:32 PM
If Royal Delta wins, I hope they consider the BC Classic because she'll have absolutely nothing to prove by winning another Ladies Classic.

She's never done anything to indicate that she would be capable of defeating top male horses and the Classic field is shaping up to be quite good. I'd be sending her back into the DISTAFF. (The name has reverted, thankfully.)

classhandicapper
09-25-2013, 07:44 PM
She's never done anything to indicate that she would be capable of defeating top male horses and the Classic field is shaping up to be quite good. I'd be sending her back into the DISTAFF. (The name has reverted, thankfully.)

I generally agree. If she was mine, I probably wouldn't run her in the Classic. That was said kind of tongue in cheek. I have a self centered reason for wanting her to run in the Classic. I am also curious why after winning the "Distaff" twice already no one seems to care that's she's not taking on boys on her preferred dirt surface (assuming she even gets by Princess of Sylmar)

RXB
09-25-2013, 08:08 PM
I have a self centered reason for wanting her to run in the Classic. I am also curious why after winning the "Distaff" twice already no one seems to care that's she's not taking on boys on her preferred dirt surface (assuming she even gets by Princess of Sylmar)

Ah, I get it now. :)

I don't care for Sylmar's chances against Royal Delta.

redshift1
09-26-2013, 05:01 PM
Match race with almost every handicapping criteria favoring RD. Will go with the nubile princess at 5/2 over the aging matron at 2/5.

RD proven to lose 4 out of 10 races seems to lose when least expected.

thespaah
09-26-2013, 09:52 PM
IMO, Royal Delta deserves to be the favorite, but Princess of Sylmar is the best of what I think is a strong 3yo filly division (though a few of them are out now). She's also lightly raced enough to have some more upside. The biggest problem for her here is that Royal Delta will get the jump on her and there's not a lot of quality speed in the race. This could wind up being a race like the Gazelle where she's forced to make a bit of a premature move.

IMO it makes little sense to send a filly or mare 10f vs the best 3 &up male horses..Unless the filly or mare is a monster.
Royal Delta does not fit that category.

Tom
09-28-2013, 02:25 PM
So Royal Delta is not as good as Zenyatta?

PhantomOnTour
09-28-2013, 02:27 PM
Playing a big 4-5 straight exacta in this one, provided the will pays are good enough

Cratos
09-28-2013, 02:57 PM
The Beldame

Royal Delta
Princess of Slymar

This is a contest of the “Royals”, but Royal Delta will not be dethroned as she wins easily

Tom
09-28-2013, 02:58 PM
I'm rooting for POS....oh, not the horse to use initial on! :eek:
I'm rooting for Princess of Sylmar!

A Royal Delta win will be :sleeping: Like who cares? Been there done that.
I like the 3yo stepping up and going after the best. That is what raing is albout. I hope she runs right by the duck in the stretch, but a biased surface and paceless race make that doubtful.

So we will see a horse who is proving nothing go out and have everything her own way. She could have gone down and challenged the other duck at CD.

Pass.

PhantomOnTour
09-28-2013, 02:59 PM
Playing a big 4-5 straight exacta in this one, provided the will pays are good enough

The 4-5 is paying $10 (for a dollar) right now with 12 mins to post...good enough for me.
Won't take under an $8 payoff for a dollar

small win bet on #5 if she stays over 20-1...she's the 2nd fastest runner imo.

wiffleball whizz
09-28-2013, 03:02 PM
Have no clue how royal delta is 1/9........can see 2/5 not 1/9

Grits
09-28-2013, 03:09 PM
Royal Delta is so HUGE, just simply HUGE. How incredible she looks. Mr. Leone, her owner, speaks, not only well of his mare, but also kindly and supportively of the sport.

PhantomOnTour
09-28-2013, 03:09 PM
At this point the 4-5 exacta payoff is too low at only $6

PASS

Tom
09-28-2013, 03:13 PM
Yes!

iceknight
09-28-2013, 03:15 PM
I'm rooting for POS....oh, not the horse to use initial on! :eek:
I'm rooting for Princess of Sylmar!

A Royal Delta win will be :sleeping: Like who cares? Been there done that.
I like the 3yo stepping up and going after the best. That is what raing is albout. I hope she runs right by the duck in the stretch, but a biased surface and paceless race make that doubtful.

So we will see a horse who is proving nothing go out and have everything her own way. She could have gone down and challenged the other duck at CD.

Pass. Do you mean Royal Delta vs Fort Larned?

POS win.. haha

Tom
09-28-2013, 03:23 PM
Do you mean Royal Delta vs Fort Larned?

POS win.. haha

I moved it the right thread - I don't know where I am today! :D

Valuist
09-28-2013, 03:24 PM
If Princess of Sylmar wins the Distaff, think one can definitely make a case for her for Horse of the Year. Who has a better resume? Maybe if Palace Malice wins the Jockey Club GC and BC Classic.

burnsy
09-28-2013, 03:30 PM
Thats where people get fooled by size...that little filly is lickedy split at the end she can turn on the gas quickly. Royal Delta got blitzed before they knew what hit them, right where you want it, nearing the wire..........KO by Princess of Slymar.only got 3 lbs.....the alter universe opposite of POS.

CincyHorseplayer
09-28-2013, 03:57 PM
That was a nice performance by the Princess.To me it was over when Royal Delta took a run at the 35-1 leader after a slow 23.4 and she still backed off.Princess looked a little bit overextended,pushed hard.I bet she has a lot better foundation next out though.Really excited about this girl.And what's not to like?A little AP Indy male line mixed in with a female mix of Northern Dancer/Mr Prospector.Oooh.Aaah!The AP Indy/Bold Ruler line is coming back baby!Just ask Orb!:cool:

turninforhome10
09-28-2013, 10:03 PM
That was a nice performance by the Princess.To me it was over when Royal Delta took a run at the 35-1 leader after a slow 23.4 and she still backed off.Princess looked a little bit overextended,pushed hard.I bet she has a lot better foundation next out though.Really excited about this girl.And what's not to like?A little AP Indy male line mixed in with a female mix of Northern Dancer/Mr Prospector.Oooh.Aaah!The AP Indy/Bold Ruler line is coming back baby!Just ask Orb!:cool:
Look at the influence of Somethingroyal in all 4 quarters. Large heart influence in all parts of pedigree in the right places.