PDA

View Full Version : All Star games

Valuist
09-24-2013, 05:29 PM
Just name a team and don't even bother playing the games. Give the players the same number of days off. Nobody gives a $hit about these meaningless games.

So the NFL, in their infinite wisdom, has decided changes will make the 2014 Pro Bowl enticing to viewers. No more AFC vs NFC. I guess you'll have Peyton and Brady picking sides, or something like that. Two minute warnings at the end of the 1st and 3rd quarters to add excitement? That's laughably stupid.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000224052/article/2014-pro-bowl-features-new-format-for-nfl-allstar-game

cj
09-24-2013, 05:35 PM
Hockey, baseball, and the basketball are usually entertaining to watch. The Pro Bowl, though, has always been a joke of a game and always will be.

wiffleball whizz
09-24-2013, 05:47 PM
Hockey, baseball, and the basketball are usually entertaining to watch. The Pro Bowl, though, has always been a joke of a game and always will be.

The basketball game is always a joy

The NFL game is free money every year just bet the over......I bet the under cuz I'm a idiot..;;never forget vinatierri hooking a 37 yarder to save my under the 1 year it came in

horses4courses
09-24-2013, 05:57 PM
The basketball game is always a joy

The NFL game is free money every year just bet the over......I bet the under cuz I'm a idiot..;;never forget vinatierri hooking a 37 yarder to save my under the 1 year it came in

NHL un/ov total used to be several goals lower than it is now - maybe more.
I remember when I used to work in the book, NHL all-star game was "get well day" for sports bettors.
The over never lost. No defense in sight.... ;)

TJDave
09-24-2013, 06:13 PM
Maybe if the conferences were actually playing for something meaningful. I don't know what that would be but I like what they did in baseball.