PDA

View Full Version : Brazil’s president condemns NSA spying

DJofSD
09-24-2013, 11:21 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/brazils-president-condemns-nsa-spying/2013/09/24/fe1f78ee-2525-11e3-b75d-5b7f66349852_print.html

“Without the right of privacy, there is no real freedom of speech or freedom of opinion, and so there is no actual democracy,” Rousseff said. And “without respect for [a nation’s] sovereignty, there is no basis for proper relations among nations.”

Any questions?

Tom
09-24-2013, 11:23 AM
He is correct.
Can we trade Obama foe him?

DJofSD
09-24-2013, 11:25 AM
Fine by me. BTW, it's a her.

Tom
09-24-2013, 11:43 AM
All the better! :cool:

horses4courses
09-24-2013, 11:58 AM
All the better! :cool:

No worries there, Tom.
There could very well be a female POTUS next time around. ;)

Dilma Rouseff is not US born, so she is out of the running, I'm afraid.
I can already hear the guffaws of "Why the hell should that matter?"

Brother...... :rolleyes:

Tom
09-24-2013, 12:37 PM
I understand your excitement over a madam POTUS, but I do not think Sarah is planning on running! :)

DJofSD
09-24-2013, 12:42 PM
Last interview with Palin, she was non committal.

horses4courses
09-24-2013, 01:00 PM
Run, Sarah, run......... :jump:

Robert Goren
09-24-2013, 01:04 PM
Run, Sarah, run......... :jump:Please run Sarah!:jump:

Robert Goren
09-24-2013, 01:06 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/brazils-president-condemns-nsa-spying/2013/09/24/fe1f78ee-2525-11e3-b75d-5b7f66349852_print.html

Any questions?Like He isn't doing the same thing to best of Brazil's ability!

PaceAdvantage
09-24-2013, 03:28 PM
A foreign nation condemning US/NSA spying?

Wait, I thought Bush wasn't president anymore?

I thought Obama was all about being open and fair and honest and a defender of the Constitution, being a constitutional scholar and all.

And I thought the world was going to fall in love with us all over again with Bush out and Obama in...

Was it all just a con to get elected?

Dave Schwartz
09-24-2013, 04:08 PM
Run, Sarah, run.........

Doesn't really matter who runs. On either team. We'll still wind up with a democrat.

Robert Goren
09-24-2013, 05:27 PM
A foreign nation condemning US/NSA spying?

Wait, I thought Bush wasn't president anymore?

I thought Obama was all about being open and fair and honest and a defender of the Constitution, being a constitutional scholar and all.

And I thought the world was going to fall in love with us all over again with Bush out and Obama in...

Was it all just a con to get elected? When did Obama ever say anything about not spying on other countries? This country has always used spies. Heck, George Washington used them before there was even a country. I can't even believe that most naive tea partier would believe for one second we would stop spying on other countries. And I don't believe there is anything in the Constitution about spying on other countries.

Robert Goren
09-24-2013, 05:28 PM
Doesn't really matter who runs. On either team. We'll still wind up with a democrat. From your mouth to God's ears.

jerry-g
09-24-2013, 05:40 PM
During Eisenhower Adm, I remember the Frances Gary Powers incident. The
U.S. had been denying for weeks any spying on Russia. Then Kerchief held
up those blown up pictures of the downed pilot and his U-2 plane. That's
when Adlai E Stevenson took out his white handkerchief and started to
wipe the sweat off his bald head. The State Department all wondered why
the pilot did not take that cyanide pill like he was instructed to do.

Tom
09-24-2013, 10:54 PM
Doesn't really matter who runs. On either team. We'll still wind up with a democrat.

Or a French Republican.

johnhannibalsmith
09-25-2013, 01:12 AM
Or a French Republican.

Speaking of which, that Cruz guy is way too much for me, but I almost hope he runs and wins a battle of the morons just so that when FanDan posts an SNL skit during the election I have a good shot of seeing Bill Murray back on television.

PaceAdvantage
09-25-2013, 02:25 AM
When did Obama ever say anything about not spying on other countries? This country has always used spies. Heck, George Washington used them before there was even a country. I can't even believe that most naive tea partier would believe for one second we would stop spying on other countries. And I don't believe there is anything in the Constitution about spying on other countries.You all said the world was going to love us so much more once Bush was out and Obama was in.

So naturally, I assumed there wouldn't be all this Bush-like spying on other countries...I thought Obama was different...I was misled...sold a bill of goods...

Someone should be arrested for this!

JustRalph
09-25-2013, 02:40 AM
Obama proclaimed that he would "hold talks" with Iran. Today at the UN the new Iranian Prez told him he didn't have time to meet..........

Slam...........

Robert Goren
09-25-2013, 07:14 AM
You all said the world was going to love us so much more once Bush was out and Obama was in.

So naturally, I assumed there wouldn't be all this Bush-like spying on other countries...I thought Obama was different...I was misled...sold a bill of goods...

Someone should be arrested for this! Really? I doubt that you ever bought into Obama. Did you vote for him either time? Some how I find it hard to believe that you did considering how much you love Sarah Palin in your posts about her. Obama and Palin are mutually exclusive, aren't they?
I remember Bush being knocked by the left for for a lot of things, but spying on foreign countries wasn't one of them. Now on wiretaps on Americans, you have a pretty strong case. One of the few things that Bush had correct and Obama had to learn the hard way was that there are a few Americans(actually very few, but a very dangerous few) who have sided with our enemies and they need to be monitored.

Robert Goren
09-25-2013, 07:26 AM
Obama proclaimed that he would "hold talks" with Iran. Today at the UN the new Iranian Prez told him he didn't have time to meet..........

Slam...........Or the new Iranian president wanted to keep his head. Anybody who thinks holding talks with that figure head would accomplish anything probably believes in the tooth fairy. That does not preclude having talks with the real powers in Iran though. But no matter how much Obama wants them, I doubt they will really happen.

PaceAdvantage
09-25-2013, 08:58 AM
Really? I doubt that you ever bought into Obama. Did you vote for him either time? Some how I find it hard to believe that you did considering how much you love Sarah Palin in your posts about her. Obama and Palin are mutually exclusive, aren't they?
I remember Bush being knocked by the left for for a lot of things, but spying on foreign countries wasn't one of them. Now on wiretaps on Americans, you have a pretty strong case. One of the few things that Bush had correct and Obama had to learn the hard way was that there are a few Americans(actually very few, but a very dangerous few) who have sided with our enemies and they need to be monitored.Liar liar...there are no posts on here that demonstrate anywhere close to "love" when it came to Sarah Palin. Support, yes. Love...no...don't think so...

But you keep painting your own version of reality, no matter how warped.

Your user name should come with an asterisk...

Tom
09-25-2013, 09:07 AM
Sarah on Cavuto yesterday....sounded very on target, focused, intelligent.
Meanwhile, Pelosi making a fool of herself mis-quoting the Constitution.
What a bimbo! :lol:

tucker6
09-25-2013, 09:16 AM
Meanwhile, Pelosi making a fool of herself mis-quoting the Constitution.
What a bimbo! :lol:
Pelosi needs to do commercials on behalf of early onset dementia

johnhannibalsmith
09-25-2013, 10:34 AM

I actually watched part of that. I say part, because I couldn't see it through to the end. It must be me because I had the complete opposite reaction in almost every way. :D

Tom
09-25-2013, 10:42 AM
Oh John, after listening to McCain, Bohner, and that bunch of French Republicans, Sarah is so refreshing. She has a back bone and a mind, something the others seriously lack.

And besides, just before she came on, I was listening to Pelosi. After that, a dog barking sounds more intelligent.:rolleyes:

DJofSD
09-25-2013, 10:50 AM
Well, I can only see one way to settle this comparison of who's better, Sara or Nancy. Mud wrestling, best 3 out of 5 rounds.

Robert Goren
09-25-2013, 11:56 AM
Liar liar...there are no posts on here that demonstrate anywhere close to "love" when it came to Sarah Palin. Support, yes. Love...no...don't think so...

But you keep painting your own version of reality, no matter how warped.

Your user name should come with an asterisk...I am not argue with you over love and support. If you don't like the use of the word love there, I will let it go. Lets just say you are strong supporter and defender of her.
All of which bypasses the point of the post, Were you ever a supporter of Obama? Did you ever vote for him?

PaceAdvantage
09-25-2013, 03:11 PM
Lets just say you are strong supporter and defender of her.I wouldn't even go that far. But to a left-leaner, it seems if you say anything positive about a right-leaner, then you are in love with them. And if you say anything negative about a left-leaner, especially a minority left-leaner, then you are a racist. So pardon me if I don't place much stock in your analysis of the depth of my support.

All of which bypasses the point of the post, Were you ever a supporter of Obama? Did you ever vote for him?No. I was never given a reason to. In fact, no Democrat (other than Jimmy Carter when I was in grade school and the Weekly Reader had a little section on who to vote for...carter vs. ford...I voted for Carter) has ever held any appeal for me since I was a little boy.

Robert Goren
09-25-2013, 03:32 PM
Back to original post in which you said you were disappointed in Obama. How is that possible when you couldn't find a reason to vote for him? It seems the only people who claimed to be disappointed in him never voted for him in the first place. I voted for him twice and I am not disappointed him. He is doing about what expected of him. A little better in some areas and little worse in others. But that not saying much because I didn't expect a lot. I did not vote for him as much as I voted against the losers the GOP ran against him. I don't have seen 2 worse candidates for president from a major party, especially Romney.

PaceAdvantage
09-25-2013, 03:34 PM
I don't have seen 2 worse candidates for president from a major party, especially Romney.I'll ignore the terrible sentence and just say that you must be blind if those were the worst two ever...

PaceAdvantage
09-25-2013, 03:35 PM
Back to original post in which you said you were disappointed in Obama. How is that possible when you couldn't find a reason to vote for him? Were you born minus the sarcasm gene?

Robert Goren
09-25-2013, 03:41 PM
Were you born minus the sarcasm gene? Sometimes I miss it, sorry. So do most posters from time to time which is why I usually use this :rolleyes: when post sarcastic remarks.