PDA

View Full Version : Russell Wilson

magwell
09-23-2013, 10:58 AM
It's an absolute pleasure watching this guy play .......:cool:

TheEdge07
09-23-2013, 11:03 AM
It's an absolute pleasure watching this guy play .......:cool:

Lets wait before we put him in canton,ohio..last week he was 8/19 for 142yds 1 td 1 int..im not buying his stock rather have.luck

Valuist
09-23-2013, 11:07 AM
How about Kaepernick? A month ago, Ron Jaworski said he had the tools to be "the greatest QB of all time". Now he's had two terrible games in a row.
Defenses have had time to see plenty of tape of the read option. Not nearly as effective as it was in 2012.

magwell
09-23-2013, 11:10 AM
Lets wait before we put him in canton,ohio..last week he was 8/19 for 142yds 1 td 1 int..im not buying his stock rather have.luckI'd rather have Luck also, but I look forward to watching Wilson play.......:)

JustRalph
09-23-2013, 11:28 AM
Lowest paid QB in the NFL at 680k

Robert Goren
09-23-2013, 11:30 AM
How about Kaepernick? A month ago, Ron Jaworski said he had the tools to be "the greatest QB of all time". Now he's had two terrible games in a row.
Defenses have had time to see plenty of tape of the read option. Not nearly as effective as it was in 2012.You are right about the read option. Kaepernick supposedly has skills to become a great drop back passer. We shall see when or if the 49ers switch to that type of offense.

TheEdge07
09-23-2013, 11:31 AM
Defenses have had time to see plenty of tape of the read option. Not nearly as effective as it was in 2012.

Kaepernick isnt a great passer big difference neither is wilson...agree the league makes adjustments pretty quickly
Luck doesnt have the cool nickname rg3
Doesnt have kaepernicks physical tools
Doesnt have Wilson roster

He does more with less then any qb in the nfl

Valuist
09-23-2013, 11:34 AM
Kaepernick isnt a great passer big difference neither is wilson...agree the league makes adjustments pretty quickly
Luck doesnt have the cool nickname rg3
Doesnt have kaepernicks physical tools
Doesnt have Wilson roster

He does more with less then any qb in the nfl

I don't think there's any doubt that in 2018, Luck will be the best QB in the league. But I'm not surprised RGIII won RoY last year. He was the most exciting player in the league. But without the threat of him running the ball, defenses can play him like a regular QB, and it hasn't been good for Washington this year. He's got a lot of pass yards, but a TON of garbage yards.

Robert Fischer
09-23-2013, 05:33 PM

Imagine if a team (Not San Fran or any of any of the elite teams) [let's say Jacksonville for the easiest illustration] had hired a smart college coach and then drafted both Kaepernick and Pryor.

Then he could use them hard on read-option sweeps instead of protecting them. When one of them got banged up, the other would be used to spell the starter. Then he could also pay them more like running backs.

What we are seeing now with RG3 and Kaepernick are less designed read-option runs or triple threat plays.
RG3 has become "The Face of the Franchise" instead of a running back type of guy. Kaepernick's security blanket (A. Smith) was traded away, making Kaep "the Man"....

elysiantraveller
09-23-2013, 08:05 PM
While I love Wilson and RG3 its becoming obvious Luck is the best of the bunch. I feel he will be considered "elite" by the end of this season.

I also still give RG3 a slight break as he is getting his reps on a live field. I think the Redskins still have a great chance in that division.

magwell
02-04-2014, 11:10 AM
It's an absolute pleasure watching this guy play .......:cool:It's his world we are just living in it .........;)

Valuist
02-04-2014, 11:22 AM
Could've made a case for him being Super Bowl MVP. Brady got it in 2002 having done less. I guess the winner was worthy but could've just given the award to the entire Seattle defense.

Clocker
02-04-2014, 01:00 PM
I guess the winner was worthy but could've just given the award to the entire Seattle defense.

SI reports (http://mmqb.si.com/2014/02/03/richard-sherman-super-bowl-48-seattle-seahawks/) that the Seattle defense figured out Manning's pass route hand signals in the first half.

“All we did was play situational football,” Sherman says. “We knew what route concepts they liked on different downs, so we jumped all the routes. Then we figured out the hand signals for a few of the route audibles in the first half.”

He demonstrates the signs Manning used for various routes, and says he and his teammates were calling out plays throughout the game and getting them right. “Me, Earl [Thomas], Kam [Chancellor]… we’re not just three All-Pro players. We’re three All-Pro minds,” Sherman says. “Now, if Peyton had thrown in some double moves, if he had gone out of character, we could’ve been exposed.”

burnsy
02-04-2014, 06:15 PM
The guy has an absolute strong arm....on the run or "set". As for Sherman, yeah, he's a real thug. The media is such a joke...they painted him as "bad" and I actually think the spread was affected because the public is full of suckers that love the story line. We gotta back Denver......Seattle is a bunch of thugs and cheats......all I can say is..thank you very much......football has been very, very good to me.....:cool: . He's a dumb thug but he was an "A" student that just outsmarted the supposedly smartest man in football...I love when they put that shit on TV and people believe it.....

Stillriledup
02-01-2015, 10:10 PM
Wilson will go down as the guy who choked away the Super Bowl, him and Carroll, whoever called that play choked it away. Marshawn Lynch an all time great player in the backfield and you're throwing a pass at the goal line.

Incredible.

headhawg
02-02-2015, 12:19 AM
Wilson will go down as the guy who choked away the Super Bowl, him and Carroll, whoever called that play choked it away. Marshawn Lynch an all time great player in the backfield and you're throwing a pass at the goal line.Absolutely brutal playcall (if the OC made it I'd fire him before he got on the plane), but Wilson didn't choke -- the defender made a helluva read on the pick play.

cj's dad
02-02-2015, 02:53 AM
Lowest paid QB in the NFL at 680k

My heart goes out to him:faint:

The guy is a class act.

Bettowin
02-02-2015, 12:21 PM
Next year it will be Adrian Peterson in the backfield and they WILL hand it off to him:)

MJC922
02-02-2015, 07:14 PM
Wilson will go down as the guy who choked away the Super Bowl, him and Carroll, whoever called that play choked it away. Marshawn Lynch an all time great player in the backfield and you're throwing a pass at the goal line.

Incredible.

Certainly an entertaining game but yet another reminder why I still can't bear to follow the NFL since the salary cap. Guys who were second rate coaches back in the 90s somehow make it to the big game now. This call was awful, how does this happen? QB looks like a talent, even if he called this I don't blame him as he's young and has no business calling plays in this situation anyway that's all on the head coach IMO. Some of these defensive coordinators turned head coaches have too much of a fetish to play defense. How about when they're up by 10 wasn't it late in the 3rd? and they're calling 2 to 3 passes for every run. WTF. Pound it, ball control. The coaching leaves a serious amount to be desired. In the days of Parcells, Walsh and Gibbs, this guy Carroll gets nothing in the playoffs.

delayjf
02-02-2015, 09:50 PM
If they were going to pass I would have expected a play-action fake up the middle then then have Wilson roll out to his left and either pass to a tight end or run the ball. Normally a quick slant is a safe throw, the guy made a great move on the ball.

Seattle's luck ran out on the 1 yard line.