PDA

View Full Version : Egyptian courts outlaw the Muslim Brotherhood

DJofSD
09-23-2013, 09:00 AM
Back into the closet.

ArlJim78
09-23-2013, 10:07 AM
So the Egyptian court has outlawed our partner, the group the administration called largely secular, and supportive of democracy.
The group we partnered with has been deemed too extreme and dangerous to even exist in Egypt.
Our foreign policy blunders are on an unheard of scale, mind-bogglingly inept.

dkithore
09-23-2013, 10:18 AM
[QUOTE=ArlJim78.
Our foreign policy blunders are on an unheard of scale, mind-bogglingly inept.[/QUOTE]

How's that?
I have been following media with great interest and find Egyptian situation an internal (people making choices) matter. If anything, my view is that US has sat on the fence (rightly so) except for the military contracts with the Egyptian government. No one predicted the volatility of events and the current happenings. Like to know why you think we blundered.

DJofSD
09-23-2013, 10:49 AM
Really? No one predicted the volatility, etc.?

Just read the history of the area and the friction among the competing religions.

dkithore
09-23-2013, 01:22 PM
Really? No one predicted the volatility, etc.?

Just read the history of the area and the friction among the competing religions.
How did US blunder was my question. Did you predict Morsy would be out in one year? Did anyone?

JustRalph
09-23-2013, 02:15 PM
How did US blunder was my question. Did you predict Morsy would be out in one year? Did anyone?

Bama and Momma Clinton helped push the devil we know out of power. Then gave money and weapons to the Muslim brotherhood.

They were told and it was predicted that the MB would take over, and the country would fall apart. They denied it...........

A year later.........they were proved wrong.

Please read this thread

http://paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103117

PhantomOnTour
09-23-2013, 02:41 PM
I saw a great program on PBS about this (Frontline or POV, not sure).

Basically, the Muslim Brotherhood outsmarted everyone else, allied themselves with the military, and were able to get their man in power (Morsi).
The problem is that all the power (and might) lies with the military, and when they began to disapprove of Morsi's actions they deposed him...easily.

They speak of a term called "The Deep State" which I came to believe was that the military is the largest land owner in Egypt and is heavily invested & entrenched in utilities, banking etc....without their approval no one stays in power.