PDA

View Full Version : News Flash: Obama has a big ego.

Clocker
09-21-2013, 06:50 PM
Actually, this isn't news to those of us who have not been in a coma for the last 5 years. The news is that the slow learners in the class have started to figure it out. Including his own staff.

White House staffers have adopted a new and unflattering nickname for their boss: "Obam-me," Wall Street Journal columnist Peggy Noonan says she heard in chats with a few senators.

And how did the staffers come up with that name?

"Because it's all about him and his big thoughts," Noonan writes in a column. "I guess the second-term team is not quite as adoring as the first."

Story here. (http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/noonan-obama-staffers-nickname/2013/09/20/id/526886?promo_code=10731-1&utm_source=10731Daily_Caller&utm_medium=nmwidget&utm_campaign=widgetphase1)

TJDave
09-21-2013, 10:22 PM
Silent Cal being the exception, those who seek the office typically aren't the shy and retiring types.

FantasticDan
09-21-2013, 10:28 PM
Oh, rest assured Clocker knows about them too. He's spent a great deal of time analyzing presidential egos. It was either that or paint the house. :ThmbDown:

TJDave
09-21-2013, 11:01 PM
Years ago I thought she was hot.

Her voice still gives me a tingle. ;)

Clocker
09-21-2013, 11:09 PM
Oh, rest assured Clocker knows about them too. He's spent a great deal of time analyzing presidential egos. It was either that or paint the house. :ThmbDown:

Let me explain the point of the article. The point is not about the opinion of any one here. The point is that Obama's staff thinks that he has an super-inflated ego. See, that's why Peggy Noonan wrote the article about people in Washington, and not about people on this forum.

Clocker
09-21-2013, 11:15 PM
Her voice still gives me a tingle. ;)

Few women in the media have really good voices, speaking from the viewpoint of a sexist male pig. And most of the sexiest voices are, shall we say, mature. Noonan is certainly in the top ten. A couple of others, off the top of my head, are Martha Stewart and Jane Fonda. Ignore the content and let the words flow. :cool:

thaskalos
09-22-2013, 12:58 AM
Peggy Noonan...Peggy Noonan...where have I heard that name before...?

Oh...yes. That was the "well-connected" columnist who wrote that fact-filled, well-researched article about the thrashing that Obama was scheduled to receive at the hands of Mitt Romney. Her "inside information" had convinced her that Romney was a "sure thing"...she told us.

With "connections" like that...a person would have to be a fool to disbelieve her... :rolleyes:

JustRalph
09-22-2013, 03:17 AM
Peggy Noonan...Peggy Noonan...where have I heard that name before...?

Oh...yes. That was the "well-connected" columnist who wrote that fact-filled, well-researched article about the thrashing that Obama was scheduled to receive at the hands of Mitt Romney. Her "inside information" had convinced her that Romney was a "sure thing"...she told us.

With "connections" like that...a person would have to be a fool to disbelieve her... :rolleyes:

I remember laughing when that article came out..................still laughing.

FantasticDan
09-22-2013, 10:57 AM
Let me explain the point of the article. The point is not about the opinion of any one here. The point is that Obama's staff thinks that he has an super-inflated ego.The point is Newsmax took a couple meaningless sentences (which she acknowledged as "gossip") from Noonan's full article, (found here (http://patriotpost.us/opinion/20223) for non-WSJ subscribers), and made a pathetic little "story" out of it to slam Obama.

Yeah! All Obama's staffers hate him now, just like us! :jump: :lol: