PDA

View Full Version : Florida Derby

DeoVolente
03-12-2004, 05:41 PM
I have deicded that Tapit just can't possibly be ready to beat Read The Footnotes.If he had not missed the training time and all I think Tapit could beat him. But today he's gonna come up a bit short.

Value Plus is speedy at a sprint, but he's got somebody to run with him up front. Maybe he can go longer and maybe not, but I don't think tomorrow is the day he will do it if he can. He faded badly in the Lane's End Futurity, and I really think that this is a horse who should stick to sprinting.

Sir Oscar deserves another chance after bleeding in last, but I still think he's a cut below these.

The Cliff's Edge is the only other horse in here that I think has some potential. He was a bit tired at the end of his last race, but he worked hard going way wide and maybe wasn't 100% going in. I look for improvement today. But can he improve enough to beat Read The Footnotes? He'd have to run the best race of his life.

No, this Derby belongs to Read The Footnotes. Tapit and The Cliff's Edge pick up checks. Bet exactas of 3-1 and 3-4. Not that any of us will break the boycot to bet...

JustRalph
03-17-2004, 06:18 AM
Article on a slow Florida Derby (http://tcm.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=21286)