PDA

View Full Version : Farm Aid

burnsy
09-21-2013, 07:33 AM
Farm aid 2013 (today) at Saratoga Springs NY. Live stream is available. Since 1985 John Mellencamp, Willie Nelson and Neil Young have helped raise 43 million for American farmers stressing the importance of the American family farm. In 2001 Dave Matthews joined the "Board of Directors" and you get one hell of a show each year. These people are the real deal folks, some of these family farms have existed since the 1700's. The "factory" farms are feeding you chemicals and hormones. Maybe health care wouldn't be the issue it is..........but look at the crap we eat. Saratoga plays host this year and i am thrilled to be going, supporting Americans that actually work hard and enjoying some kick ass music. I'm no great musician, but i'm sure this show will force me to come home and pick up my guitar tonight........helping farmers for over 28 years while bringing down the house.......i love it! Hey Willie," Roll me up and smoke me when i die"

Ocala Mike
09-21-2013, 01:55 PM
Nice, burnsy. Do you know if Arlo Guthrie is going to be there this year?

Ocala Mike
09-22-2013, 05:19 PM
How did it go, burnsy? Arlo couldn't make it, but Pete Seeger (93 years old) did.

RunForTheRoses
09-22-2013, 06:33 PM
http://neilyoungnews.thrasherswheat.org/2013/09/highlights-of-farm-aid-2013.html

Looks great gotta get a copy of this.

burnsy
09-22-2013, 07:43 PM
How did it go, burnsy? Arlo couldn't make it, but Pete Seeger (93 years old) did.

Yeah, he can't sing so well but it was great. He brought out Willie, Neil, John and Dave for This Land is Our Land. He was a real class act. The show was fun, the farmers BBQ pits were awesome, but the rain let loose during Neil Young and Willie Nelson. The women love that Dave Matthews even my girlfriend says his music takes you where you want to go. I'm old school i liked John Mellancamp, Neil Young and Willie the best.

burnsy
01-28-2014, 08:30 PM
[QUOTE=Ocala Mike]How did it go, burnsy? Arlo couldn't make it, but Pete Seeger (93 years old) did.[/QUOTE

I guess I saw one of his last gigs. The guy was a legend, RIP

Ocala Mike
01-28-2014, 11:45 PM
He did Carnegie Hall with Arlo in November. RIP, Pete. He traded in his banjo for a harp, and I bet he's leading a singalong in heaven already.

burnsy
01-29-2014, 06:03 AM
For sure, there's one heck of a band waiting on the other side :ThmbUp: