PDA

View Full Version : SLEW'S FAST HORSES FOR SAT. 09/21

MeSlew
09-20-2013, 10:18 PM
SLEW'S FAST HORSES FOR SAT. 9/21 Hello All! For Saturday, 9/21, the tracks and races on Slew's mind are:

Belmont - 2,3,4,5,7,8,9,10
Monmouth - 2,5,7,8
Churchill - 2,5,6,8,9
Gulfstream - 3,6,7,8
Woodbine - 4,8,9,10
Calder - 3
Arlington - 3,6,7,8,10
Parx - 1,5,7,9,10,11

A full listing, that is for sure. As for today, Shanghai Bobby did get up in time to make his return to the races a happy moment for his connections. But at $0.60 on the dollar, I'd demand a refund! Slew did have the next race winner in Slamarama, with a double payout of $7.10. As I said yesterday on Slew's Facebook page...one to watch. And of course, the place horse in the 4th behind Slamarama (and the other horse listed by Slew) was...Tricky Slam. If you read my blog...well...you would have had the exacta!

Just sayin...

For Saturday however, we have a Key Horse running:

Screenplay - Bel ( 7) GP 01/24/13 # 9

Now I'm not sure what to make of this, other than to say that David Jacobson knows the claiming game as well as anyone. He claimed Screenplay back in May for 62K but I'm sure he could not have envisioned the several troubled trips which followed, especially in his last two starts. So now he "drops" this 9 win veteran into a non-winners of ONE AlwOC with a really juicy purse of 87K and a claiming price of 35K. So you do the math.

At 8-1 on the ML and with J.R on Parnelli, a just won his maiden son of Bernardini running for Darley, his price should float up above 10-1. At that number, do you bet on D.J. to steal the show without a posted work? It is hard to know what is going on here, but I do know I won't count on Parnelli to capture win # 2 in this spot, and while there are others in this contest that merit a look, if D.J. is playing hide and seek with this one and he runs back to his April Keeneland win, he captures the flag and gets extra bug juice with his dinner!

So if you are playing a multi-race wager, you might include him. As a win bet...well...let the odds be your guide.

As for the Who's To Pay Stakes...could Bad Debt take it?

Just sayin...

So grab the race file from the website, enjoy the Saturday racing...good luck and good 'capping!