PDA

View Full Version : High Roller Rooms at Tracks

VastinMT
09-20-2013, 03:03 AM
Does anyone know what's required to play in them? and what services do they provide?

I think I saw one at Hollywood, always wondered what you got. Personal betting terminal? Cash and carry (no accounts established)? What?

Maybe I've got the nomenclature wrong, and maybe these don't exist and I was misperceiving this. But does anything like this exist?

ManU918
09-20-2013, 03:43 AM
They exist here in Pennsylvania and I have also noticed a pretty nice one at Delaware Park....At all of the Parx OTB's its by invitation only. It provides an area of comfort and isn't full of jackasses screaming over their $2 win bet on a 3/5 shot.

speed
09-20-2013, 07:18 AM
Check with the track, they differ. Some tracks the requirements are surprising small. Churchill Downs you need to wager a $100,000 a year to be a gold member. Not much if you play daily. As far as services, private room with free or discounted food and drinks, free programs and or racing forms. Some tracks free valet parking. Perks really will vary track to track but a higher level of service and help can be expected.

Fingal
09-20-2013, 12:45 PM
At the one at Fairplex I think the daily minimum is $2500 wagered daily, invitation only. It's over in the sales auditorium seating so it's nothing special, but with free food, form, program & TV's it's at least segregated.

OTM Al
09-20-2013, 12:55 PM
NYRA has rooms at both Aqueduct and Belmont for high level NYRA Rewards players.

VastinMT
09-23-2013, 12:55 AM
Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll ask what's available next time I'm at Santa Anita.

Zaf
09-23-2013, 01:36 AM
I have noticed that the thick ominous cloud of cigar smoke is provided with no extra charge. :ThmbUp:

speed
09-23-2013, 09:55 AM
I have noticed that the thick ominous cloud of cigar smoke is provided with no extra charge. :ThmbUp:
Ever since Churchill installed a stripper pole in the gold room i just don't have my hands free to smoke.

Pensacola Pete
09-23-2013, 02:50 PM
I've heard that at Marquis Downs, a $5 win bet will get you a lifetime pass to the high-roller's room.

appistappis
09-24-2013, 04:04 AM
I believe they change the urinal pucks monthly at ft erie's high roller washroom.

proximity
09-24-2013, 05:20 AM
Charles town has a special room that is $10 to get in.

I wouldn't bet through the track though.... call your bet into the rebate shop, unless you're a nj resident or some similar restriction is stopping you.

Capper Al
09-24-2013, 08:51 AM
Arlington has one that I also always wondered about.

QuarterCrack
09-24-2013, 09:22 AM
Arlington has one that I also always wondered about.

If I remember from that book "Horseplayers", they mention that room and that your handle needs to be $100k/yr. to get in.

That book was written a few years ago, so not sure what the requirements are now.

I know Suffolk has a turf club up on the 3rd floor, but I don't know what the requirements are. Anyone know?