PDA

View Full Version : Anecdotal news from Home Depot

Clocker
09-19-2013, 02:35 PM
Not to be taken as evidence of a trend or anything:

Home Depot is transferring roughly 20,000 part-time workers to the taxpayer-funded Obamacare exchanges, marking another step in the nationwide rollout of President Barack Obama’s most prized accomplishment.

“Unfortunately, the ACA [Affordable Care Act] precludes us from offering the limited liability medical plan we’ve been offering the part-time associates,” said Stephen Holmes, the company’s director of corporate communications.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/19/home-depot-sends-20000-employees-into-obamacare/#ixzz2fMgiKxxP

Clocker
09-19-2013, 03:13 PM
A smaller anecdote with the potential for hugely greater dire consequences. The following is an email from a reader at instapundit.com, a blog.

Through serendipity I’ve ended up working in HIT (health information technology). I take 50 calls a day with independent insurance agents/brokers to navigate the hoops to qualify to sell on the FFM (Federal Facilitated Marketplaces). The Government websites they need to access to register are riddled with random error messages, and simply attempting to log in to complete this process routinely fails. The agents/brokers are, to a person, terrified. If they cannot complete this process by October 1st (the deadline) they are hosed. Nobody knows what to do, and this will only get worse when millions of consumers join the fray of the marketplace. It appears nobody scaled the back end to accommodate this exponential growth. And now?, It’s too late. It’s like the owner of the White Star line getting a telegram about the Titanic sinking and saying “We need to order more lifeboats.” And these are the smartest guys in the room? #soscrewed. For obvious reasons, don’t use my name please..

This and many others news stories make it apparent that the Oct. 1 deadline is totally unattainable. I expect an announcement from the administration soon, delaying the implementation date and/or extending all relevant deadlines. The White House likes to do this stuff on late Friday afternoons, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it tomorrow. After that, there is only one more full week before the Oct. 1 deadline.

badcompany
09-19-2013, 04:22 PM
God, I love Home Depot. You feel so manly walking through that place. The self-checkout is great, too.

JustRalph
09-19-2013, 05:56 PM
Don't worry, you can keep your health plan and your Doctor.......

jballscalls
09-19-2013, 08:30 PM
God, I love Home Depot. You feel so manly walking through that place. The self-checkout is great, too.

And the smell is always awesome!

mostpost
09-19-2013, 08:47 PM
And the smell is always awesome!
I'm pretty sure you're thinking about the bakery.

mostpost
09-19-2013, 08:57 PM
Not to be taken as evidence of a trend or anything:
Those poor Home Depot part time workers are trading a plan that is capped at $5,000 annually for one that pays a minimum of 60% on their medical expenses and has no annual caps and no lifetime caps. And in most cases it will cost them no more.

This story from the Daily Caller mentions 20,000 who are affected by this change in policy. Funny that it says nothing about 340,000 full time employees who will continue to receive coverage through Home Depot's Health Insurance plan.

JustRalph
09-19-2013, 09:00 PM
Those poor Home Depot part time workers are trading a plan that is capped at $5,000 annually for one that pays a minimum of 60% on their medical expenses and has no annual caps and no lifetime caps. And in most cases it will cost them no more.

This story from the Daily Caller mentions 20,000 who are affected by this change in policy. Funny that it says nothing about 340,000 full time employees who will continue to receive coverage through Home Depot's Health Insurance plan.

yeah, "in most cases" lasts how long? Just remember, you can keep your health plan and your doctor :ThmbUp:

mostpost
09-19-2013, 09:06 PM
A smaller anecdote with the potential for hugely greater dire consequences. The following is an email from a reader at instapundit.com, a blog.
Through serendipity I’ve ended up working in HIT (health information technology). I take 50 calls a day with independent insurance agents/brokers to navigate the hoops to qualify to sell on the FFM (Federal Facilitated Marketplaces). The Government websites they need to access to register are riddled with random error messages, and simply attempting to log in to complete this process routinely fails. The agents/brokers are, to a person, terrified. If they cannot complete this process by October 1st (the deadline) they are hosed. Nobody knows what to do, and this will only get worse when millions of consumers join the fray of the marketplace. It appears nobody scaled the back end to accommodate this exponential growth. And now?, It’s too late. It’s like the owner of the White Star line getting a telegram about the Titanic sinking and saying “We need to order more lifeboats.” And these are the smartest guys in the room? #soscrewed. For obvious reasons, don’t use my name please...
You post an anonymous quote from an anonymous reader of a right wing blog and we are supposed to take it seriously. He speaks about unspecified Government websites that allegedly he and others can not access. Chances are this guy works for pajamas media.

mostpost
09-19-2013, 09:15 PM
yeah, "in most cases" lasts how long? Just remember, you can keep your health plan and your doctor :ThmbUp:

You are obsessed with the "keep your health plan and your doctor" thing. Obamacare does not affect who a person's doctor is. It does not affect what health plan you have if that plan meets the proper standards. If it does not meet those standards why would you want it?

It is not Obamacare that is forcing some people to change health plans and perhaps change their doctor. That is being done by companies who are using Obamacare as the fall guy for something they would have done anyway.

One more thing. You change your avatar more often than you change your socks. You can stop now. You have the perfect avatar.

Clocker
09-19-2013, 09:21 PM
You post an anonymous quote from an anonymous reader of a right wing blog and we are supposed to take it seriously. He speaks about unspecified Government websites that allegedly he and others can not access. Chances are this guy works for pajamas media.

If you can't attack the message, attack the messenger.

Even the mainstream media has been full of stories of the delays and snafus in getting the exchanges up and running. Here, you can attack Reuters:

Obamacare Health Insurance Exchange Website Still Plagued By Technical Glitches

NEW YORK, Sept 5 (Reuters) - Technical glitches still plague the display of new healthcare plans to be offered to millions of uninsured Americans starting in 26 days, including how medical charges and deductibles are listed, industry officials say.

Reuters (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/05/obamacare-health-insurance_n_3870784.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003 )

Clocker
09-19-2013, 09:54 PM
You are obsessed with the "keep your health plan and your doctor" thing. Obamacare does not affect who a person's doctor is. It does not affect what health plan you have if that plan meets the proper standards. If it does not meet those standards why would you want it?

Some people harp on it because it is just one of many lies about ObamaCare. Like the one about insurance going down $2500 a year for the average family. Obama never said anything about you can keep your plan if I approve of it, if it qualifies under my standards. He never said you can't keep your doctor if ObamaCare forces you onto a different plan that doesn't work with your doctor. He said you can keep your plan and your doctor.

Why would anyone want a plan that didn't meet the government standards? How about because it meets the customer's standards. And provides the coverage he wants and needs. And it lets him keep his own doctor. But no. Anyone that wants to do that is to dumb to think for himself, and has to be told what is good for him by big brother.

iceknight
09-19-2013, 09:58 PM
And the smell is always awesome! gambling alone is one big addiction :lol: :lol: , you have more than one?

mostpost
09-19-2013, 10:49 PM
If you can't attack the message, attack the messenger.

Even the mainstream media has been full of stories of the delays and snafus in getting the exchanges up and running. Here, you can attack Reuters:

Reuters (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/05/obamacare-health-insurance_n_3870784.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003 )
I attack the messenger because the messenger is exaggerating the problems. Your Reuters story says that insurers expect the problems to be ironed out by the time the exchanges open for business on Oct. 1.

The Reuters story says there is some out of date information still showing up on the website. Information that needs to be corrected and will be. It says nothing about being unable to connect to the site.

JustRalph
09-20-2013, 05:16 AM

It is not Obamacare that is forcing some people to change health plans and perhaps change their doctor. That is being done by companies who are using Obamacare as the fall guy for something they would have done anyway.

One more thing. You change your avatar more often than you change your socks. You can stop now. You have the perfect avatar.

Bullshit..........! Your president lied............as usual.

Clocker
09-20-2013, 10:46 AM

You don't have a clue about how ObamaCare will affect those full time employees. How many of them are not opting for health insurance because they don't want to pay the employee share? This a a rational choice if they have coverage through a spouse or for other reasons. How many of them opt for a low cost plan with limited coverage or high deductables, a plan that will not qualify under ObamaCare? This is a rational choice for many.

The key word above is "choice". ObamaCare eliminates it. Choice is freedom. ObamaCare eliminates it in this area.