PDA

View Full Version : Browns

Valuist
09-18-2013, 07:27 PM
THAT is giving up. I know they weren't going anywhere this year but to totally junk your season after 2 games? Not going to even start the 2nd string QB; already give up on the # 3 pick in the 2012 draft.

If you play fantasy league, you may want to pick up the Viking defense. Browns have absolutely no firepower.

wiffleball whizz
09-18-2013, 07:37 PM
THAT is giving up. I know they weren't going anywhere this year but to totally junk your season after 2 games? Not going to even start the 2nd string QB; already give up on the # 3 pick in the 2012 draft.

If you play fantasy league, you may want to pick up the Viking defense. Browns have absolutely no firepower.

Perfect spot for a brown Money line!!!!

Marshall Bennett
09-18-2013, 07:48 PM
They've sent Richardson to the Colts for a 1st round pick next season.

TheEdge07
09-18-2013, 08:08 PM

Someone say Bridgewater

Relwob Owner
09-18-2013, 08:28 PM
Someone say Bridgewater

Im a Browns fan and I hope thats the case but I think Jacksonville may be worse. Not saying it would be a good move but I think they are looking at Manziel pretty closely.

Robert Fischer
09-18-2013, 08:35 PM
I think taking a RB with the #3 pick of the 2012 draft was the mistake. (or one of many that the franchise has made)

Richardson seems like a good young power running back from what I've seen. I would also give a small bonus value to guy like "T-Rich" who is a solid, team leader type.

I don't think replacing him in an offensive scheme is going be difficult. They are the 28th ranked offense in the NFL.
RB is the most competitive position in the NFL.

The move helps Indy now, and it makes Cleveland look dumb for trading the 3rd pick of 2012 for a late-round pick in 2014. :bang:

(in a vacuum) I actually like the move, today, for a first rounder. I also have almost zero faith in Cleveland to improve as a franchise.

headhawg
09-18-2013, 08:38 PM
Someone say BridgewaterProbably Bridgewater. Anyone taking Manziel early is crazy. He can't make all the throws. And my guess is his real height is 5'11". Maybe Clowney but he's probably overrated, at least as a #1. Reminds me a bit of Mario Williams from a hype perspective. How's he working out in the NFL so far? Good, but not great. Clowney might be the same kind.

Relwob Owner
09-18-2013, 08:51 PM
Probably Bridgewater. Anyone taking Manziel early is crazy. He can't make all the throws. And my guess is his real height is 5'11". Maybe Clowney but he's probably overrated, at least as a #1. Reminds me a bit of Mario Williams from a hype perspective. How's he working out in the NFL so far? Good, but not great. Clowney might be the same kind.

Crazy is something you can say about many of the moves the Browns make. I doubt they get Bridgewater because I think Jacksonville will be worse. Interesting timing that the Browns assistant GM goes to see Manziel in person Saturday(where he was unbelievable) and then 4 days later they make this move. Good chance they feel like they wont get Bridgewater and think these two picks give them a lock at getting Manziel.

Valuist
09-18-2013, 09:12 PM
Someone say Bridgewater

That's what I've heard.

As for Manziel, there's still a lot of questions re: arm strength. Having said that, Manziel is better at this stage than Russell Wilson, and he proved the NFL wasn't too big of a step.

sandpit
09-18-2013, 09:44 PM
It may all come down to that pivotal Jags-Browns matchup on December 1. Jax is terrible, and they are going to Seattle this week, and they've got games against Denver, SF, Indy and SD before their bye. Could be very ugly.

Striker
09-18-2013, 09:50 PM
I understand Indy needing a RB, but if the Browns were truly shopping Richardson why would you trade him for a mid to late round 1st round pick from the Colts? What are they going to do, use both 1st round picks and trade up to get their QB?

Delta Cone
09-18-2013, 10:59 PM
Too funny! I happened to make that move this morning, well before the trade.

Last week I used Oak vs Jax. Worked out OK.

Delta Cone
09-18-2013, 11:07 PM
I think taking a RB with the #3 pick of the 2012 draft was the mistake. (or one of many that the franchise has made)

Richardson seems like a good young power running back from what I've seen. I would also give a small bonus value to guy like "T-Rich" who is a solid, team leader type.

I don't think replacing him in an offensive scheme is going be difficult. They are the 28th ranked offense in the NFL.
RB is the most competitive position in the NFL.

The move helps Indy now, and it makes Cleveland look dumb for trading the 3rd pick of 2012 for a late-round pick in 2014. :bang:

(in a vacuum) I actually like the move, today, for a first rounder. I also have almost zero faith in Cleveland to improve as a franchise.
Your comments are spot on. It seems that the RB position has become more homogenized of late. There are very few superstars and a large collection of interchangeable parts. Drafting another position early seems to have more value.

But what do I know? Would like to see some "sabermetric" analysis of the value of RB by draft position.

headhawg
09-18-2013, 11:16 PM
But what do I know? Would like to see some "sabermetric" analysis of the value of RB by draft position.Those are probably irrelevant as the NFL is now a passing league. Possibly the only interesting stat would be production in the 4th quarter with a lead -- a "running out the clock stat", if you will.

Robert Goren
09-18-2013, 11:19 PM
Crazy is something you can say about many of the moves the Browns make. I doubt they get Bridgewater because I think Jacksonville will be worse. Interesting timing that the Browns assistant GM goes to see Manziel in person Saturday(where he was unbelievable) and then 4 days later they make this move. Good chance they feel like they wont get Bridgewater and think these two picks give them a lock at getting Manziel.I don't think Manziel is eligible to be drafted this year.

bks
09-19-2013, 12:01 AM
i watched the 2nd half of the Browns game b/c I needed them outright. What a sad offensive performance. Defense wasn't bad, but even they couldn't get off the field on a couple of crucial 3rd and longs.

I don't see how the 3rd string quarterback (who I've never seen play) could be that much worse than Weeden. This is a team that could be 2-0 without much of a stretch, and they played two good teams fairly tough. Very, very strange move.

cj's dad
09-19-2013, 12:38 AM
The Browns are suffering the "Curse of Modell" Until the a---ole sportswriters in Cleveland vote for his acceptance into the NFL Hall of Fame the Brownies will never go the the SB. Detroit, Cleveland. Jax and Houston; can you all say I wanna go ? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D BTW Ravens 2 for 2 in 17 years Others listed previously: 0 for >>>>>>>>>>> ?

Relwob Owner
09-19-2013, 12:48 AM
I don't think Manziel is eligible to be drafted this year.

As far as I know, he is definitely eligible for the next draft in 2014

JustRalph
09-19-2013, 12:56 AM
Those are probably irrelevant as the NFL is now a passing league. Possibly the only interesting stat would be production in the 4th quarter with a lead -- a "running out the clock stat", if you will.

QB's throwing 55 times a game is amazing to me....... no place for running backs anymore. They don't last anyway

Valuist
09-19-2013, 10:02 AM
A great example of how meaningless preseason results are. There was a lot of positive talk about the Browns, especially about Weedan, after the first few preseason games.

I agree with Delta Cone. Don't draft a RB real high. Not that they aren't important, because they ARE, but you can get them fairly cheap as a rookie and when that contract is up and they want to get paid, they are likely all used up. We've seen quite a few very good RBs who weren't drafted real high.

Balance still wins in the NFL. You don't have to be run heavy, but you need to run good enough to keep the defense honest.

Valuist
09-19-2013, 02:05 PM
PredictionMachine.com ran their computer simulations thru thousands of times, and ironically, they don't think this trade helps the Colts at all. Not talking about a long term perspective, but for this year.

http://www.predictionmachine.com/Trent-Richardson-trade-Colts

Segwin
09-19-2013, 08:11 PM
Go Browns.................... and take the Indians with ya.

I'm from Cleveland - I'm allowed. ;)

The only thing that gets rebuilt more than the Browns is our highways.

Bettowin
09-20-2013, 01:08 AM
The trade just made me take the Vikes in our survivor league. Everyone and their mother is taking the Seahawks and I'll save them for when it really counts:) It's a marathon and not a sprint:)

ManU918
09-20-2013, 03:28 AM
Im a Browns fan and I hope thats the case but I think Jacksonville may be worse. Not saying it would be a good move but I think they are looking at Manziel pretty closely.

If they are picking 2nd they wont be picking Manziel... They will be taking Tajh Boyd if they decide to go the QB route at that point.

Relwob Owner
09-20-2013, 06:04 AM
If they are picking 2nd they wont be picking Manziel... They will be taking Tajh Boyd if they decide to go the QB route at that point.

I didnt indicate they would use the pick on Manziel if they were second. I said that they are looking at Manziel in general and later said that having the two picks gives them the security that they could have a good chance of getting Manziel somewhere, not necessarily with the number two selection itself.

Valuist
09-20-2013, 08:26 AM
The trade just made me take the Vikes in our survivor league. Everyone and their mother is taking the Seahawks and I'll save them for when it really counts:) It's a marathon and not a sprint:)

I'm taking the Vikings as well. And those that aren't on Seattle will probably be on Denver and maybe a few on San Francisco. 3 double digit favorites this week. But one isn't going to get a better chance to take Minnesota all season.