PDA

View Full Version : Jugette Day (late races live)

RaceTrackDaddy
09-18-2013, 02:45 PM
With all the chalk, thought I would open a thread in case anyone wanted to post up regarding the Juggette today.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-18-2013, 02:50 PM
With all the chalk, thought I would open a thread in case anyone wanted to post up regarding the Juggette today.
Oh well,.....I will come back tomorrow...

Augie16
09-18-2013, 02:59 PM
Spanky raced really good for you. Should be a fair exacta.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-18-2013, 03:03 PM
Spanky raced really good for you. Should be a fair exacta.
I am back
I really thought he had Sandy in range and was going to get by....looking back I should not bet across the board but boxed him with the 1,2 and 5 up and down,......really felt a huge upset in the making in the 11th.,...just did not have the horse to get by.

cmp92
09-18-2013, 03:06 PM
As expected, I Luv the Nitelife is the big favorite, 1-5.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-18-2013, 03:07 PM
$50,000 guarantee for the Pick-4 Race 12-15
Can any filly beat Ryder's "I Luv The Nitelife"?

RaceTrackDaddy
09-18-2013, 03:11 PM
She just got a hold of this (# 10). In her interview she stated that she was asked to turn this filly around. She also said she warmed up great in case anyone out here saw her, she really took to the track.

Parlee Beach (# 10) is a must use on the exotics as given to my past history of the Jug I caught many of them solely on the warm ups...one Treasure Chest won the Juggette that year.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-18-2013, 03:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qoa1NWCfjo

RaceTrackDaddy
09-18-2013, 03:43 PM
Don't know if in the final the post positions are determined by the finish order of the first race, if so, here is the order of finish from the top on down:
4,2,1,3,6,9,-scr-,8,7,5

cmp92
09-18-2013, 03:47 PM
Don't know if in the final the post positions are determined by the finish order of the first race, if so, here is the order of finish from the top on down:
4,2,1,3,6,9,-scr-,8,7,5
That would be correct. I Luv the Nitelife looked good, with the exception of the first turn. She looked like she was on her right line. But, Timmy straightened her out and got her to task.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-18-2013, 03:58 PM
Did the math,,,,with the 50k guarantee in the pick-4, they got a little over 44 k in handle..so they Jug only made a little under 1,500 bucks in retention as they have to pay out 42,500 to the winning tickets out of the 44k handled.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-18-2013, 04:04 PM
That would be correct. I Luv the Nitelife looked good, with the exception of the first turn. She looked like she was on her right line. But, Timmy straightened her out and got her to task.

Head numbers stay the same, they just announced....then my plays would be as follows... $1 wagers
3/1,2,4,10 ex =$4
3/2,4/1,4,6,10 tri =$6
3/2,4/1,2,4/1,2,4,5,6,10 super =$16
Grand Total $26 bucks

cmp92
09-18-2013, 04:56 PM
Head numbers stay the same, they just announced....then my plays would be as follows... $1 wagers
3/1,2,4,10 ex =$4
3/2,4/1,4,6,10 tri =$6
3/2,4/1,2,4/1,2,4,5,6,10 super =$16
Grand Total $26 bucks
With post position 1, it will be tough to beat I Luv the Nitelife.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-18-2013, 05:06 PM
With post position 1, it will be tough to beat I Luv the Nitelife.
When they came out with the wrong saddle pad numbers (used the post position) I went back and cancelled my wagers...then Roger goes and calls them all back to the paddock and change from the post positions numbers to the previous race (12th) head numbers..so I had to cancel once again and then put them what I originally placed....can;t wait to get back to the greyhounds, these harness tracks don;t know what the hell they're doing...

cmp92
09-18-2013, 05:09 PM
I Luv the Nitelife, :55.1 back half :eek:

RaceTrackDaddy
09-18-2013, 05:10 PM
When they came out with the wrong saddle pad numbers (used the post position) I went back and cancelled my wagers...then Roger goes and calls them all back to the paddock and change from the post positions numbers to the previous race (12th) head numbers..so I had to cancel once again and then put them what I originally placed....can;t wait to get back to the greyhounds, these harness tracks don;t know what the hell they're doing...
Guess it didn't matter.....

Hell with Jug and hell with harness racing...I am going back to puppies starting tonight...maybe someday they will get their act together, for now, they can not even promote their Little Brown Jug Future Wager II on their video feed today...
The sport of harness racing is a total joke...

ADIOS.....maybe for good this time....

cecil127
09-18-2013, 07:17 PM
RTD-you sound "soured";)
turn you out for a day or two and youll be fine!:ThmbUp:

RaceTrackDaddy
09-18-2013, 08:10 PM
RTD-you sound "soured";)
turn you out for a day or two and youll be fine!:ThmbUp:
Love the term "soured"... just came back to the sport after leaving it late in Oct last year...Allan posted about it on his blog.... here is the link
http://viewfromthegrandstand.blogspot.com/2013/02/a-gambler-lost.html (http://viewfromthegrandstand.blogspot.com/2013/02/a-gambler-lost.html)

I tried a comeback this month and it was not to be. For the on air crew who received a few of emails and reported on one of them must have been instructed by Roger to not even acknowledge them when I sent in the probable payouts for round 1 of the LBJ Futures and the current odds of the LBJ Futures round 2. One would assume a business would at least advertise their product.

Then during the broadcast they answered one person's question regarding promoting the sport with not an answer at all. If the Jug cannot promote its own future wager, what kind of business model do they have?

We found out in the last race. This track hosts the most consistent leg of the Pacing Triple Crown but they cannot even get the saddle clothe numbers/head numbers to match the wagering numbers that the public is betting. I had to cancel my wagers as I saw the post parade and thought I bet the wrong bets according to their post parade and head numbers. It was not too long that I heard in the background of the video feed Roger calling the horses back to the paddock to change their saddle clothe and head numbers to the real numbers so I had to go back and undue what I had already done.

This is a host track to a Triple Crown event that cannot even place the correct saddlecloth number on their entrants. What can this track do to ensure to me that they are taking the right blood and urine test, checking the correct tattoo number when a horse enters the race paddock or in fact the judges are themselves not wagering on this events?

Let's face it, without slots this sport is gone. It is just a matter of time before all race events like flats and greyhounds will be gone. The states will take the same road Ontario government have taken, returning the slot money to the government coffers and let the racing product live off the retention revenue on their racing product. We will see more tracks use usury taxation (retention rates) like the Meadows charging 35 percent on the total pool (not the losing money in the pool as they tax the winning money also). When the races start charging the same as the table games and slot machines, then this sport has a chance. Till then, it is living on borrowed time.

LottaKash
09-18-2013, 08:58 PM
ADIOS.....maybe for good this time....

Nah, you'll be back Daddy....It is in your Blood....:jump:

Hey, fwiw, The Delaware meet is so brief and it really is just a "fair"after all, and I suspect that the people who running things these days, may not necessarily be as savvy, or wise ,or as sincere as the ones that did things in times past....Too Bad about that tho....Still the LBJ is still one of the highlights of the Harness-Year, I am always up for it despite the modern day shortcomings....

Looking forward to your input tom'w RTD....:lol:

RaceTrackDaddy
09-18-2013, 10:05 PM
Nah, you'll be back Daddy....It is in your Blood....:jump:

Hey, fwiw, The Delaware meet is so brief and it really is just a "fair"after all, and I suspect that the people who running things these days, may not necessarily be as savvy, or wise ,or as sincere as the ones that did things in times past....Too Bad about that tho....Still the LBJ is still one of the highlights of the Harness-Year, I am always up for it despite the modern day shortcomings....

Looking forward to your input tom'w RTD....:lol:
The people running the place are the same people that have run it all these years. Names change but the final results do not. They used to call in the tellers from all the tracks around (including the Meadows, Northfield, Mountaineer, Wheeling Downs, Scioto Downs, etc). I think the judges are the same ones from ScD as they are closed presently,,,I assume the paddock judge must be the same...the place is open year round for boarding and training so there is someone there all the time taking care of the grounds and track surface....it is not your usual fair race track.

We had one in Allegheny County right off of Rt 88. That place was used for everything from draught horse pulls, demolishion derby, great acts and harness racing. They stopped having the county some years ago and I believe part of the track still is there but have not visited since the 70's. My buddy Augie leaves close to the fairgrounds and besides a Rib Cook off, I really do not know what else that place has to offer besides a wave pool and public horse riding....

They may only race four or five days but I bet you they start planning Jug 2014 on this Friday and will not stop until it arrives next year..it is that they really do not know what the hell they are doing at any of these tracks that are within driving distance to SW Pa. Hate to say it, Wheeling Downs treats me the best than any other of these places. They actually desire my wagering at their track. I guess the other tracks like the Meadows think the horse racing can survive without the patrons visiting and betting on their races. Someday, that slot money will be diverted into the state coffers and their purses will someday depend upon handle retention alone. I can see the Meadows Mangement (oxymoron) raising all retention rates to the level of Trifecta wagering, 35 percent on the total pool. That day racing will end for a lot of people who bet there. It is just a matter of time before that arrives.