PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Park "Live"!: Wednesday, Sept. 18

Teach
09-18-2013, 12:25 PM
"And I'm hungry like the wolf". Duran Duran

I'll be back in about a half-hour with my first race picks.

Teach
09-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Race One:

:6: Rubindy's an expensive Bernardini (A.P. Indy)-bred filly. Her mare, Caroni, never hit the board in seven tries, but
Caroni herself produced two winners from three starters, both of those winners won stakes races. Sharp morning "bullet"
from the gate. She must - from the get-go - avoid veering right toward Bellerose Terrace. Javier Castellano, the meet's leading rider,
is in the irons for trainer Chad Brown.

:5: Naughtynaughtygirl hit the gate. Later, she was bothered by the meandering Mallory Street in the stretch. A better trip...

:4: Hide My Heart seems better suited for the lawn; yet, this Artie
Schiller-bred filly has had several sparkling morning works leading up to
her debut. Trainer Mike Mareina is very good with first-time starters.

Other than that, if you're looking at supers, I'd consider the :3: Storm Swept (Messrs. Velazquez and Pletcher) and :1: Sustainable (huge "bullet" work a little over a week ago).

Teach
09-18-2013, 12:56 PM
:6: Rubindy looks regal in the walking ring. Does she want...need to go longer?

Teach
09-18-2013, 01:29 PM
Race Two:

:3: Single Forever has won two in a row. Her last was most impressive. Yes, she's been off for several months, and her morning work-tab has been less than stellar. Yet, in this field... I believe if she's reasonable ready, she can prevail. Others to consider are: :1: Tanglewood Tale; :5: Cape Cod Carol; and :7: Merry Meadow.

Teach
09-18-2013, 01:51 PM
Race Three:

:3: Taylor Jagger was second in her last, now switches to the dirt. Has faced better. Gets my nod in a wide-open maiden claimer.

Also: :7: Malibu Queen; :4: Flamingo Lane; :6: Ishkabibble

Teach
09-18-2013, 02:01 PM
Thoughts before betting. I liked Ishkabibble's looks in the walking ring. Yet, "looks" don't win races. Why is Lady C Note, last I checked, going off at 5-1? As Maggie Wolfendale mentioned, the filly looks better suited for sprints. Good Luck!

Teach
09-18-2013, 02:32 PM
Race Four:

:5: Brandini stretches back out after doing little in a sprint in late May. The filly had a "bullet" work on the 28th of August. Can prevail with best effort.

Also: :9: Fujiana; :8: Let Me Be Nuts; :4: Isn'tshewonderfull

Teach
09-18-2013, 02:50 PM
Pick-6

:1: -:3: -:6:

:11: -:2: -:3:

:2: -:1: -:4:

:3: -:6: -:7:

:1a: -:3: -:6:

:10: -:5: -:7: -:11: