PDA

View Full Version : Last Night at Turfway

melman
03-11-2004, 06:23 PM
First race winner pays $91 and 2nd race winner pays $29 for a DD of $658 a little short folks?? However it gets worse second race winner was of course at $29 and the second place horse paid $15 for an exacta of $119!! Investigation?? guys ruled off the track?? detention barn?? na that only happens at harness racing. LOL

melman
03-11-2004, 06:29 PM
Pardon me had my facts a little wrong in typing the winner of the 1st paid $92 and the DD was at $678. Second race exacta paid $192. Very very short numbers if you ask me.

Bubbles
03-11-2004, 06:58 PM
Those are a little short, but remember this. Odds on a certain horse can differ dramatically from exotic odds. The daily double you were talking about is a little short, but in my opinion, the difference between the win odds and exotics odds may account for it.

levinmpa
03-11-2004, 10:22 PM
I imagine the $29 payout in the 2nd race would have been much lower if the "wise guys" weren't live in the double. Think about it. Would you make a win wager on a horse if you were live in a double that paid that much? If they weren't live in the double, the money would have shown up in the win pool.

kenwoodallpromos
03-11-2004, 11:22 PM
Based on a faster than normal track the 10th, I would expect early speed to do well, which they did most of the day, especially the lst 1/2 of the races. The 2nd race first 4 finishers were close, head neck etc. Seems like some winners came slightly off the rail. Overall, I would say speedsters who can position well and make a good move did well. Since results 11th were varied prices, I would guess bettors are missing some important aspects of Turfway competition! Take a closer look at non-favorites who can get a good position during the race. Lumpkins rode at GGF and did well on low odds horses- seemed to get a lot out of them!

Macdiarmadillo
03-12-2004, 03:57 PM
It's not that common but I'm seeing this happen more frequently than before. But look at how much more is in total exotic pools vs. WPS nowadays. We might be headed toward the Dogs/Jai Alai situation where everyone is betting in exotics and WPS has no relation to what anything else pays.