PDA

View Full Version : Seattle/Jacksonville - opening line

Marshall Bennett
09-16-2013, 07:54 PM
Seahawks (-19.5) I don't recall such a number for an NFL game. Hard to imagine a professional team in any sport being such an underdog.

cordep17
09-16-2013, 07:57 PM
Seems accurate.
Seattle is looking strong, and their defense is stellar against a team that has scored a combined 11 points in their last two.

Jaguars have no clue what they are doing. The fans are calling for Tebow

I'm a Mizzou man, so it pains me to say it, but when the team is deliberating whether Gabbert is the starting quarterback, they have got some problems.

Rookies
09-16-2013, 08:01 PM
Seahawks (-19.5) I don't recall such a number for an NFL game. Hard to imagine a professional team in any sport being such an underdog.

Rare, but SBIII was -18 and we all know how that worked out,

JETS... didn't need the points!:lol:

There have been some 21s... but rare indeed.

Stillriledup
09-16-2013, 08:06 PM
That's a lot of pts to give, especially off an emotional rivalry division game. No way they're as fired up to beat these guys and cover...but, you know, Peter Carroll has a history of covering spreads in college to make the boosters happy, so you have that going for you if you decide to lay the pts!

horses4courses
09-16-2013, 08:33 PM
Seattle has to be susceptible to a let down after such a big win last night.

Of course, they are certainly capable of beating the Jags by more than 20, but will they be in the right frame of mind to put a hurting on a team after beating their biggest rival? I wouldn't bet on it, or against it for that matter.

It's the right line to balance the action, though.

Valuist
09-16-2013, 09:15 PM
Anyone who lays more than 10 in the NFL is foolish, IMO. Not that a big line isn't warranted, but favorites at that level have a poor record of covering. The NFL isn't like college, where style points count. Get the win, and move on in the NFL.

One only needs to go back to week 16 of the 2012 season when these same Jaguars were +14 to the mighty Patriots. Not the mediocre 2013 Pats, but the Gronkowski/Hernandez/Welker Patriots. How did that work out for them? NE won by 7 as the Jags snagged an easy cover.

wiffleball whizz
09-16-2013, 10:41 PM
Think the pats were 20.5 or 21 against buffalo at the height of the pat empire