PDA

View Full Version : Feedback Please on "New" Publication

melman
03-11-2004, 08:32 AM
The Daily Racing Program and The Daily Racing Advance is just coming out. Huge amount of tracks with pp's and trainer jockey meet specfic information. Put out by Equibase and Sports Eye with large print pp's making it very easy to read. Not a new pub as they had been in small booklet form. I understand they also will now have a wider distrubution area. California sales are listed as being at many locations. Seems like a nice deal as the price is $2.00. Anyone who picks it up please give feedback. As for me I think it is a good deal and an extra help for the small bettor.

so.cal.fan
03-12-2004, 11:43 AM
I hadn't heard of this melman, but I'll ask a friend at SA who works for Equibase about it.
Sounds like a good idea, I'd really like to see a copy.

melman
03-12-2004, 12:22 PM
SoCalFan you can call the publisher direct at 1-800-376-9255 ext 212 between 11:00 am and 5:00 pm eastern. I like the trainer jock stats being for the year, for the meet, and for last 30 days. They have no Beyer numbers or Tomlinson numbers they use an Equibase speed fig. They say at over 200 locations in Cal at newstands liquor and general stores. Also at Surfside Race Place. Large print is nice and price is nice. Do not work for Equibase or Sports Eye (who does the printing job). Just a FYI for players. They just started so that is the reason you have not seen it.

so.cal.fan
03-12-2004, 02:18 PM
A friend of mine saw a copy and really liked it....he went to his liquor store in Pasadena, Ca. where he buys the DRF and asked about it, they said they carried it a few days and didn't sell any so they stopped getting them.
:(

Speed Figure
03-12-2004, 02:30 PM
so.cal.fan,

Down the street from "In-N-Out" burger by santa anita is a liquor store that sells it. I tryed it and it was O.K at best. I think equibase speed figs are weak, but it does have the drf speed rating and tv. It also gives the wrong ML odds on the horses.

GameTheory
03-12-2004, 03:28 PM
Is the Bungalow news stand on Colorado in Pasadena still there? (Down the block from the State Theater) I bet they would carry it...

MikeH
03-12-2004, 04:14 PM
GT-

Odds are that the Bungalow will be there long after you and I are gone...

But the State Theatre has been converted into an office/retail building. How long has it been since you've been to Pasadena? (The Robinsons that was across the street is now a Target...)

GameTheory
03-12-2004, 09:28 PM
I bought some camping supplies at that Target on my way out of town, actually. I don't remember it ever being a Robinson's. The State was closed down as a movie theater but not yet converted to anything else last time I saw it...

topgun
03-16-2004, 02:13 AM
This reply is for SO CAL FAN
I want to know how can I get the race replays from So Cal. tracks on disc.I also tried to get your e-mail as I have a few question for you trips.I hope to hear back from you ASAP.

TOPGUN