PDA

View Full Version : Were refs trying to let Giants make a game of it?

highnote
09-15-2013, 09:55 PM
How many chances were the refs going to give the Giants to keep it close?

Stillriledup
09-15-2013, 10:11 PM
We all know that the refs, in all sports, "work" the situation...those advertisers want a full audience watching, not click click click all around the country.

I was watching NYG v DEN on tape delay and when i saw the guy run back the punt in the 4th quarter, i just FFd the game until the giants "tried", which is what i do to sporting events on tape that are blowouts..i FF to see if the team is coming back, and i bypass all their commercials when the game isnt close and only watch if it gets close.

It isnt "sheer folly" to assume that there's some stuff going on to benefit the television audiences.....we're talking HUGE HUGE HUGE money at stake and the NFL isnt going to leave that stuff on the table in the name of competitive integrity.

This is an entertainment league, its not pure sport like the olympics, fans get confused as this being "pure sport" but its not.

highnote
09-15-2013, 10:32 PM
Sadly, you are probably right.

We all know that the refs, in all sports, "work" the situation...those advertisers want a full audience watching, not click click click all around the country.

I was watching NYG v DEN on tape delay and when i saw the guy run back the punt in the 4th quarter, i just FFd the game until the giants "tried", which is what i do to sporting events on tape that are blowouts..i FF to see if the team is coming back, and i bypass all their commercials when the game isnt close and only watch if it gets close.

It isnt "sheer folly" to assume that there's some stuff going on to benefit the television audiences.....we're talking HUGE HUGE HUGE money at stake and the NFL isnt going to leave that stuff on the table in the name of competitive integrity.

This is an entertainment league, its not pure sport like the olympics, fans get confused as this being "pure sport" but its not.

Valuist
09-16-2013, 12:52 PM
What was Denver thinking? Is the only way they can play pass defense is by grabbing and interfering? You have a big lead.....do they really need to resort to that or is that the only way they know how to play? I get tired of too many penalties being called but just really sloppy D by Denver allowing all that nonsense to happen. Between Peyton and their gambling, occasionally sloppy pass D, the over is never out of reach for the Broncos.