PDA

View Full Version : Red Mile Live (Sunday 09.15.14)

RaceTrackDaddy
09-15-2013, 06:18 PM
Now that I have practiced on a half mile oval in preparation for Jug Week starting on Tuesday, I now will get some practice for the Red Mile meet Grand Circuit that starts after Jug Week. Last year the track changed from a closing bias to one of more front end speed as the track conditioner from Delaware County Fair came down to the Red Mile and scrapped most of the cushion away. I really have not a clue as to the track bias now but I will be going by last year's bias in the first couple races and may switch over if needed.

baconswitchfarm
09-15-2013, 06:34 PM
Last night you had to be up close. Not on the front , but close up by the 3/4 pole. It has been chalk and more chalk because the horse population is so low. Good luck.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-15-2013, 06:44 PM
Race 1
Lipstick Rose (# 5) 9/2
I am going with this one after viewing some videos from races that were run last week. It seems that the track grooming is very similar to the time that they removed the extra cushion and speed will be holding up as the track has a speed favored bias to it. This girl will need the lead to be effective. Although up in class, this one in this short field will be in the thick of things throughout the race. Blue Diamonds (# 1) is also up in class and has two nice efforts prior to this race but has been coming from behind in those races. If this was last year, Blue Diamond would get the call.

Wagers
Ex
5/1,2,4

DD
5/4

Ex
4/1,5

I am throwing causation to the wind in this race. This is a first time starter going against others that have raced against stake company in Indiana, Ontario and Kentucky. I think Mike LeChance has a monster on the other side of his lines. Watch the tote-board for any clue to this one readiness. If I am right, the odds on this one will be near even money.

Wagers
Ex
6/5,7
5,7/6

Across the board (# 6).

RaceTrackDaddy
09-15-2013, 06:46 PM
Last night you had to be up close. Not on the front , but close up by the 3/4 pole. It has been chalk and more chalk because the horse population is so low. Good luck.
Thank you...I noticed a lot of the cushion on the outer part of the track near the fence. That was similar to the track after the guys from Delaware Ohio got to work on that track. After viewing some races over the past meet, I came to the conclusion that the track will be speed favoring and much more during the Grand Circuit that last year's GC Meet happened to be...thanks again.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-15-2013, 07:02 PM
Race 4
Looking For Love (# 2) 6/1
Second start on Lasix and with the post relief and that race from August 17th, I feel this one is ready to roll to the front and try to see if the lasix will help this one last longer in the mile. I also see that this is the second start on the drop in class. I think the stars will aligne for love.

Wager
Ex
2/1,5,6
1,5,6/2

This trotter is meeting much lesser. FICO has been on the stake circuit hitting tracks in PA, NY and Ontario after racing at the Big M. This is a Nw 2 class. Just stay flat and this one will win for fun.

Wager
Ex
4/2,3,6

This shipper from the track formerly known as Chester Downs seems to be a nice young trotter. C Sylvester is great with these young ones. Seemed to handle the Big M oval when starting out racing earlier this summer. I really see this one wiring the field. Perspective (# 4) is almost as impressive in my eyes with the only blimish being a scratched sick before shipping down from Mohawk in Ontario. If this one is really over what necessiated that scratch, it will be a ding dong battle heading for the wire.

Wager
Ex
4/2,5,7
4,5 Box

Tri
4/5/all
4/all/5
5/4/all

RaceTrackDaddy
09-15-2013, 07:08 PM
Race 1
Lipstick Rose (# 5) 9/2
I am going with this one after viewing some videos from races that were run last week. It seems that the track grooming is very similar to the time that they removed the extra cushion and speed will be holding up as the track has a speed favored bias to it. This girl will need the lead to be effective. Although up in class, this one in this short field will be in the thick of things throughout the race. Blue Diamonds (# 1) is also up in class and has two nice efforts prior to this race but has been coming from behind in those races. If this was last year, Blue Diamond would get the call.

Wagers
Ex
5/1,2,4

DD
5/4

Driven for the lead early but was hung about six wide in the first turn before settling on the backstretch and placed in the three hole. Remained there until the top of the lane and came out behind Blue Diamond but had not trot. Finished 5th. I am starting off on the wrong foot but that is ok as there is still time to get back into it.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-15-2013, 07:24 PM
Race 7
Hey-Ho-A-Lena (# 3) 7/2
In a race void of any early speed and certainly no controlling early speed leaves me to go with the one horse that at least was able to get out the gate and lead for the better part of the race. This is one tough race to handicap. Do believe that Kyle Bolon, son of Rodney Bolon does have the tools to race on the engine. I do not know anything about the trainer Jack McCall Jr but he does have 19% wins out of 81 trained entries. This one ships down from South High Street's SCIOTO DOWNS in south Columbus. All in all I think this one will go off at odds near 2/1 if we are lucky.

Wager
Ex
3/all

Tri
3/2,4/all
Here is another shipper from ScD that simlpy took on the front bias and was able to get by for the big win at 11/1 odds in his first start over this oval. This race appears to be a lineup with this one on the lead with Kiss Me Callie (# 3) in the two hole. If the position were reversed, the outcome will remain the same.

Wager
Ex
4/3,5,7

Tri
4/3/all
4/all/3

Another horse driven by Kyle Bolon. This one seemed to be on fire earlier winning three in a row. Last two was a 4th losing by less than a length and last out finishing second losing by three. Fun Time (# 7) 5/2 is the only one in here that I fear. The winner will be between these two.

Wagers
Ex
2/4,6,7.8
4,6,7,8/2

Tri
2,7/2,7/all
2,7/all/2,7

RaceTrackDaddy
09-15-2013, 07:30 PM
Race 2
Big Man Clyde (# 4) 8/5
I tried looking for an angle to get this favorite beat and the only way I see that happening is for this one to go on a bad break but I don't see than happening. Going with the flow.

Ex
4/1,5

This one left for the lead but let the (# 6) take the control to the backside but sitting in the pocket was not for this guy, so the driver thought. Once on the lead was challenged by (# 1) Better Davis Eyes. Although that one did not get by, took enough out of the leader to permit the longshot from behind to win and the horse that previously had the lead got by late to gain the place. This one was in a three horse photo for third. Bette Davis Eyes finally got by at the wire to gain the show spot.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-15-2013, 07:51 PM
Race 3
Sheer Flex (# 6) 3/1
I am throwing causation to the wind in this race. This is a first time starter going against others that have raced against stake company in Indiana, Ontario and Kentucky. I think Mike LeChance has a monster on the other side of his lines. Watch the tote-board for any clue to this one readiness. If I am right, the odds on this one will be near even money.

Wagers
Ex
6/5,7
5,7/6

Across the board (# 6).
So much for Mike LeChance trying to gain the lead. He was in no hurry at all. IN fact was 7th in the first turn with backing the (# 7) into last place. He was even gapping out on the backside. When the fifth place horse broke and went to the outside, LeChance was still in no hurry, the second qtr went in about 30 seconds with the half at 59....he was about 14 lengths behind at the top of the lane. This one and the (# 7) came flying but they battled only for the show spot as the top two had way too much of a lead. Think the last half was a little under a minute flat so coming home in 28 seconds gets nothing given you are over 14 lengths behind. Let us say Mike LeChance had no design on winning this race or he would of tried to close up that gap from the first quarter to the top of the lane.

dave1950
09-15-2013, 07:56 PM
Its trips like that....that drive u crazy..I guess Mike only knows?

RaceTrackDaddy
09-15-2013, 08:08 PM
Race 4
Looking For Love (# 2) 6/1
Second start on Lasix and with the post relief and that race from August 17th, I feel this one is ready to roll to the front and try to see if the lasix will help this one last longer in the mile. I also see that this is the second start on the drop in class. I think the stars will aligne for love.

Wager
Ex
2/1,5,6
1,5,6/2

Put on the lead early and then let the favorite take the lead (# 1). Sat second from there to the lane, even when the (# 5) and (# 6) went first and second up, this one remained in the pocket. He angled out in the lane but was behind a wall of horses. I was not surprised to see the horse out of gas in the lane as he was held snugly for almost three quarters of a mile. He would have been better to go first up and let the horse work instead of choking the race out him. The key was wrong but the under part of the wager above connected for the tri box.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-15-2013, 08:15 PM
Its trips like that....that drive u crazy..I guess Mike only knows?
You are correct sir. That is one thing greyhounds have over both standardbred and thoroughbred racing. In horse racing, the drivers/jockeys determine the trips. IN greyhound racing, genetic code determines the speed and direction of the participants. A dog that races along the rail path will do so each time he races or will fight the dog that is holding his position. Same thing if they are going to the middle of the track (midtrack) position, if their path is blocked they don't try to go around, they go through. You cannot teach a dog where to run. That is the secret to handicapping the greyhounds.

In horse racing, trips like today are chalked up as a training mile in my mind. We will see a differnt manner if that was a stake race instead of a maiden race. I have to keep an eye on this one's future races (virtual stable) as there might be some money to be made as he learns his trade. Might not be at the Red Mile but rather at his next track.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-15-2013, 08:28 PM
Race 5
FICO (# 4) 9/5
This trotter is meeting much lesser. FICO has been on the stake circuit hitting tracks in PA, NY and Ontario after racing at the Big M. This is a Nw 2 class. Just stay flat and this one will win for fun.

Wager
Ex
4/2,3,6

Really thought LeChance was trying to teach this trotter to race in a hole and was refusing to let him see the front end (aka Training Mile). He did keep him covered up the whole race until late in the lane when he finally dropped the lines and he closed up from third to first getting by the (# 1) to win by a neck or so. At some tracks, if you are 2/5 sitting behind a 13/1 horse and when horses are coming from behind and the driver on the odds favorite refuses to move to the outside, that driver gets called in to the judges office. Here, he got up but if he did not get up with the win, Mike might have been called in.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-15-2013, 08:49 PM
Race 6
Easter Surprise (# 3) 9/5
This shipper from the track formerly known as Chester Downs seems to be a nice young trotter. C Sylvester is great with these young ones. Seemed to handle the Big M oval when starting out racing earlier this summer. I really see this one wiring the field. Perspective (# 4) is almost as impressive in my eyes with the only blimish being a scratched sick before shipping down from Mohawk in Ontario. If this one is really over what necessiated that scratch, it will be a ding dong battle heading for the wire.

Wager
Ex
4/2,5,7
4,5 Box

Tri
4/5/all
4/all/5
5/4/all
I really don't know what was worse, Mike LeChance breaking Easter Surprise at the start of the race or my transposing the head numbers incorrectly?.. If I was betting, I would have had the exacta betting the wrong horses...it was supposed to be the 3 and 4 as the keys and not 4 and 5...but things happen. Here the top four released finished on the ticket. Oh well, I would rather cash a ticket than to catch my mistake. The show horse Mighty Unstoppable (# 5), came flying from way off and used the inside path in close quarters to get up to make the trifecta. I am adding that one to my virtual stable.

dave1950
09-15-2013, 08:52 PM
lol that had me confused...i was hoping you may have bet them..

dave1950
09-15-2013, 09:00 PM
i'm going with: Race 7 Red Mile$1 | SFC
3,4 / 3,4 / 1,6 / 1,6 4 Bets | Total: $4

RaceTrackDaddy
09-15-2013, 09:12 PM
Race 7
Hey-Ho-A-Lena (# 3) 7/2
In a race void of any early speed and certainly no controlling early speed leaves me to go with the one horse that at least was able to get out the gate and lead for the better part of the race. This is one tough race to handicap. Do believe that Kyle Bolon, son of Rodney Bolon does have the tools to race on the engine. I do not know anything about the trainer Jack McCall Jr but he does have 19% wins out of 81 trained entries. This one ships down from South High Street's SCIOTO DOWNS in south Columbus. All in all I think this one will go off at odds near 2/1 if we are lucky.

Wager
Ex
3/all

Tri
3/2,4/all

Got away third. When the back of the pack moved forward, Kyle refused to move off the pylon path. Result was that once in the lane he moved behind the first up horse (# 2) but actually drove himself into a blind switch and had no where to run. Sometimes one needs to be aggressive in their driving. Waiting for others to tire often leaves you in heavy traffic. He knows better than this poor drive.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-15-2013, 09:19 PM
lol that had me confused...i was hoping you may have bet them..
It was not the first time I made a mistake when writing my picks down (or typing). In some instances at the track I used the wrong race in the program to handicap and bet, but still won..

My largest hit in 2006 or 2005,,,,or there abouts, it was the very first Meadows race. I handicapped 14 races for this Monday at my site. I did not print the program but rather just the page from my site where I loaded my picks.

I played the first race to win and key wheeled the DD. As fate would have it, that horse came first up and paid over $90 to win. I waited until the DD and it paid enough to require my signature and then I went home.

About an hour later, my friend Augie called and asked what program I used for my picks on this Monday (late December in Christmas week)...I told him Mondays...he told me Monday had only 10 races listed....I used Tuesdays pp's to cap this card for my site, and I won....big...the rest of the card was winless...I just hit the time and place with no reason other than my mistake...like here, money sometimes finds its way to us. I don't question it, just go along for the ride....

dave1950
09-15-2013, 09:22 PM
i went with:

Race 8 Red Mile

$1 | EXB
4,9 2 Bets | Total: $2

RaceTrackDaddy
09-15-2013, 09:43 PM
Race 8
Powerful Odds (# 4) 2/1
Here is another shipper from ScD that simlpy took on the front bias and was able to get by for the big win at 11/1 odds in his first start over this oval. This race appears to be a lineup with this one on the lead with Kiss Me Callie (# 3) in the two hole. If the position were reversed, the outcome will remain the same.

Wager
Ex
4/3,5,7

Tri
4/3/all
4/all/3

Took his time to gain the lead. The half in 54:2 is puzzling. He was challenged soon after the clock displayed the half split. It looked bad for the favorite but he was able to come back and beat the challenge but lost to another who had the trip. A second place finish was decent given the tough time he had. He also had to survive a long inquiry but was left up in the second spot.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-15-2013, 09:53 PM
Race 9
Larados Goose (# 2) 3/1
Another horse driven by Kyle Bolon. This one seemed to be on fire earlier winning three in a row. Last two was a 4th losing by less than a length and last out finishing second losing by three. Fun Time (# 7) 5/2 is the only one in here that I fear. The winner will be between these two.

Wagers
Ex
2/4,6,7.8
4,6,7,8/2

Tri
2,7/2,7/all
2,7/all/2,7
Cashed a small ex and tri to end the day...I have my work cut out for this track but it may be easier with stake racing instead of these over night races. Happy Jug week to one and all!