PDA

View Full Version : Baseball gambling angle

wiffleball whizz
09-15-2013, 05:21 PM
Game after football game when they have to remake the mound.....games go over 74.3 percent.......makes sense

TheEdge07
09-15-2013, 05:53 PM
Game after football game when they have to remake the mound.....games go over 74.3 percent.......makes sense

Wiff teams don play on the same field anymore...if im wrong please list them.

Quagmire
09-15-2013, 05:59 PM
I think Oakland is the only one.

wiffleball whizz
09-15-2013, 06:04 PM
Wiff teams don play on the same field anymore...if im wrong please list them.

Oakland all that I know of........

Stillriledup
09-15-2013, 06:17 PM
Here's how you win money betting baseball.

Bet against top pitchers who "hit the wall" and get tired. Verlander was a great example this year, he was having a bad year, you would have done really well betting against him, almost blindly. A pitcher is like a racehorse, when they run out of steam, a good nights sleep isnt going to get their arm fully charged and ready to go 5 days later. When they're done, they're DONE for the immediate future. Great pitchers find ways to eventually bounce back, but when the tank is on E, you can bet against that guy until further notice.

Now, the key is that you can't mistakenly think a guy is "done" if he has a bad game and gives up a ton of runs...that's bound to happen to anyone, you have to actually watch the games, watch how he pitches, watch the body language and watch the velocity and see if that velocity drops off.

Its not easy to sniff out a "tired" pitcher or a tired bullpen, but if you can do it, its a good skill to have.

Valuist
09-16-2013, 05:16 PM

I love this angle. You had a thread awhile back about late MLB underdogs and I'm a firm believer in that. I've been picking spots, just a game here and there. I was already looking at the Angels-A's game, which fits your scenario as the Raiders hosted the Jags yesterday. There's one added benefit: A's starter Jarrod Parker was supposed to pitch yesterday but was a late scratch due to stomach flu. Back on the mound tonight, one can't help but wonder if Parker's reserves will be depleted. Angels have won 5 out of last 6 so they are also a live doggie.

Bettowin
09-16-2013, 05:38 PM
I love this angle. You had a thread awhile back about late MLB underdogs and I'm a firm believer in that. I've been picking spots, just a game here and there. I was already looking at the Angels-A's game, which fits your scenario as the Raiders hosted the Jags yesterday. There's one added benefit: A's starter Jarrod Parker was supposed to pitch yesterday but was a late scratch due to stomach flu. Back on the mound tonight, one can't help but wonder if Parker's reserves will be depleted. Angels have won 5 out of last 6 so they are also a live doggie.

I agree on the Angels tonight and got +128.

Good luck:)

Valuist
09-16-2013, 05:46 PM
I agree on the Angels tonight and got +128.

Good luck:)

Good luck to you. I also like the fact that Wilson has good numbers vs individual A's hitters. A's hitters have 238 at bats vs Wilson and are hitting a meager .181.

Stillriledup
09-16-2013, 05:49 PM

The Angels have essentially "quit" on the year. Their wins vs Houston don't count, everyone beats Houston at least 2 out of 3...i find it hard for me to bet against a team who's 'locked in' and playing playoff baseball and is an elite team in the MLB to a team like the Angels who have underachieved as badly as a team can underachieve due to the talent they have. I wouldnt trust the Angels to be able to "capitalize" on a situation like you describe above. Now, with that said, i'm not recommending a bet on the A's, just suggesting be careful with LAA, they're dog***t and completely unreliable.

The next time Jered Weaver pitches he's a great bet against..he had terrible body language on the mound vs a AAA team in Houston, maybe he's a pitcher to keep an eye on, i wasnt impressed with his individual performance the other day.

cj's dad
09-16-2013, 05:53 PM
Nats game cancelled tonight due to shootings in DC

Stillriledup
09-16-2013, 05:57 PM
Nats game cancelled tonight due to shootings in DC

Was the shooting at the stadium?

Valuist
09-16-2013, 06:07 PM
Getting back to the original angle, maybe one of the Canadian posters knows the answer to this: do the Argonauts play at the Sky Dome/Rogers Center? They also would qualify, and the Bills play one game a year there, although it could be after MLB is over.

Also, stadiums like Wrigley and Yankee Stadium host concerts. Have to think the mound would have to be reconstructed then, as well.

Ocala Mike
09-16-2013, 06:17 PM

The stadium is just a few blocks away from the Navy Yard.

I like the Mets tonight to not lose; they're off.

wiffleball whizz
09-16-2013, 06:28 PM
Bad mound angle has to be looked into more.......10-15 years ago there was a ton of 2 stadium teams

Valuist
09-16-2013, 09:18 PM

Has anyone accounted for Gilbert Arenas?

Valuist
09-16-2013, 11:51 PM
Game is still in the 5th inning and its already gone over the total as the doggie Angels are sticking it to the A's.

BetHorses!
09-17-2013, 06:07 AM
Game is still in the 5th inning and its already gone over the total as the doggie Angels are sticking it to the A's.

Very nice!!

Bettowin
09-17-2013, 07:49 AM
Boat race....12-1:)

Stillriledup
09-18-2013, 05:02 PM
I hate you Oakland.

I have a bet on Mike Trout UNDER 28.5 HRs and he went about 10 games with 0 HRs and he's hit THREE in this series so far. He needs 3 more to beat my bet, i was looking good until this power outburst he's had over the last few games.

wiffleball whizz
09-18-2013, 07:01 PM
Boat race....12-1:)

100 percent boat race........"they" had the over....if you have what "they" have your in good shape

The results were in on that game long before it was played