PDA

View Full Version : A joke

TheEdge07
09-15-2013, 01:40 PM
:lol: :lol: 2nd race at Belmont Rock Show 8/1 race went off.

Made his winning move on the turn..next flash 6/1..

Classic

Stillriledup
09-15-2013, 01:50 PM
New tote company, Frank Stronach is running that place now.

PaceAdvantage
09-16-2013, 02:30 AM
I suggest you stop betting into a game you think is rigged until they unrig it.

Stillriledup
09-16-2013, 03:04 AM
If you are not a winning player, I suggest you stop betting into a game you think is rigged until they unrig it.

Fixed that for you ;)

aaron
09-16-2013, 11:28 AM
I suggest you stop betting into a game you think is rigged until they unrig it.
It is easy to disregard big odd changes after the start of the race,but that is a problem that should be addressed. Ignoring obvious problems is not good for racing.

iceknight
09-16-2013, 01:56 PM
I saw two odd changes yesterday (10-15 seconds into the race).. Zia park and Emerald Downs.. and these were the ones I noticed

Relwob Owner
09-16-2013, 03:23 PM
It is easy to disregard big odd changes after the start of the race,but that is a problem that should be addressed. Ignoring obvious problems is not good for racing.

I dont think he was saying that these problems shouldnt be addressed but more questioning the idea of putting money into something you suspect is "rigged". I agree about this. It seems like so many people question late odds changes, trainer drug issues, the decisions of stewards, etc. yet they continue to bet. The way I look at it is that I know these things all may occur going in and that is the risk I take betting and I hope that at the end of the day, all of these things will be a wash for me. For me, that way of thinking keeps a lot of the negativity out and leaves more energy on correctly picking the horses.

iceknight
09-16-2013, 03:31 PM
Also, 15-16 seconds after the break is not time for odds changes not with today's technology

Pensacola Pete
09-16-2013, 06:26 PM
Time-stamp verification takes a while, even by computer.

The only places where they still actually past-post, in my opinion, are Louisiana and Texas. Because of that, I don't play those tracks.

Relwob Owner
09-16-2013, 06:58 PM

The only places where they still actually past-post, in my opinion, are Louisiana and Texas. Because of that, I don't play those tracks.

Smart man :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
09-16-2013, 07:06 PM
It is easy to disregard big odd changes after the start of the race,but that is a problem that should be addressed. Ignoring obvious problems is not good for racing.Believe me, if enough people act with their dollars (and walk away) instead of their keyboards, the problem will be addressed.

Stillriledup
09-16-2013, 07:12 PM
Believe me, if enough people act with their dollars (and walk away) instead of their keyboards, the problem will be addressed.

I've walked away from certain tracks who permit people to make large wagers and cancel them late in the cycle....you're right, we need more people to "just say no".

JustRalph
09-16-2013, 07:14 PM
:lol: :lol: 2nd race at Belmont Rock Show 8/1 race went off.

Made his winning move on the turn..next flash 6/1..

Classic

you're complaining about going from 8-1 to 6-1 ?

Hell, that's babycrap. Try 8-1 to 9/2 ? Been there.

TheEdge07
09-16-2013, 07:27 PM
you're complaining about going from 8-1 to 6-1 ?

Hell, that's babycrap. Try 8-1 to 9/2 ? Been there.

$19-$11:(

Cant bitch too much its has gone the other way for me a few times.

green80
09-16-2013, 09:34 PM

I have seen the odds drop in La. after they cross the wire.

Some_One
09-16-2013, 09:47 PM
So lets go to the tape:

http://www.nyra.com/belmont/videos/race-replay/BED/2013/20130915/2/pan/

The race goes off at 12 seconds into the video
The odds of the top 4 come up at 24 seconds, the horse in question is not in the top 4
At 33 seconds, the final odds sync appears to happen as the fav changes from 3-5 to 4-5, again the horse in question is not in the top 4.
At 1:45, the horse in question hits the top 4 at the 6-1 odds

If totes cycle every minute, you would expect, in the longrun, the final cycle to happen 30 seconds into the race. There is absolutely no evidence that the horses odds dropped during the race after the final sync 21 seconds into the race or once he made his 'winning' move.

Paraphrasing PA, stop whining and accept the realities of the tote system or don't play, it's your choice.