Gulfstream - 4
Woodbine - 2,6,9,10,11
Calder - 4
Arlington - 5
Parx - 8

We also have two Key Horses running on Sunday:

Kharafa - Bel ( 9) GP 12/22/12 # 9
Za Approval - WO (10) GP 12/08/12 # 5

We'll begin local with the NY Bred Kharafa. Running for Tim Hills and getting a jock switch from Ragiv Maragh to Javier Castellano, this one was run down by Hangover Kid at Saratoga on 8/15/2013 in the West Point Stakes after having everything his own way for most of the race. Hangover Kid is a nice NY bred and notably, ran a creditable 3rd behind a few big names in Big Blue Kitten and Teaks North in the United Nations at Monmouth Park. In his 8 races since an allowance win at Belmont on 9/23/2012, that was his worst finish. He stands at 5/2 on the ML.

Za Approval is another one we like to watch for. He has not run since 6/29/2013 when he was 2nd behind Obviously in the Shoemaker Mile at the soon to be extinct Hollywood Park. He now is entered in the Ricoh Mile at Woodbine after a scratch on 8/31 at the Spa. Now, if we were business like here, we would list the assets and liabilities on a ledger and see if we can find a balance between them, so lets see what happens when we do.

First, the assets, or 'PROS': Lifetime, he has been in the exacta 10 times in 16 starts with 6 wins and 362K in earnings. This year, he has 3 wins out of 5 starts with a second place finish to his credit and 200K in earnings. Two of those wins were in graded stakes. He runs for Christophe Clement under the colors of Live Oak Plantation, and his daddy is Ghostzapper, winner of 9 out of 11 including the Breeders Cup Classic in 2004. Oh yes, I almost forgot: he was Horse of the Year in 2004 as well. Very nice.

OK, the liabilities, or 'CONS': Wise Dan runs in this race.

Show this to your accountant and he will tell you that he cannot balance the ledger! Maybe next time for Za! Tomorrow, fashion an exotic if the exchange rate is reasonable.

I should also note for those of you not interested in either venue noted here, there is an early double sequence at Churchill, and 2 singles at Monmouth Park. Add to that the late pick 3 sequence at Belmont, and there is plenty to chew on. And I apologize for the hard landing on the preposition in paragraph #2. My English does suffer when I fail to cover obvious exactas, such as the one in Belmont's 9th today with Slew's top horse Discreet Marq. Dang it!

Um...can you land on a pronoun?

Enjoy the Sunday racing...good luck and good 'capping!