PDA

View Full Version : YONKERS Live 09.14.13

RaceTrackDaddy
09-14-2013, 06:58 PM
I am back for more practice on the half mile track at the hilltop in Yonkers.

Race 1
Hi Ho Steverino (# 2) 8/5
The track handicapper got this one right. This one is making second start on the double class drop but drew the 8 post in the last start and put in a decent effort. Given the inside post and speed, this is the one to beat.
Wagers
Ex
2/3,4

Tri
2/3,4/all
2/all/3,4

Daily Double
2/2,4,7
2,3,4/2
2/2
I might have gone with the (# 1) but recall that the trainer (Jen Sabot) was Luis Pena's girlfriend and George Brennan was their go to driver and George is on a Burke horse. I went with this shipper from north of the border who fared better on this oval than at Pokie. I feel this one is as fast as any and can bring a price at the windows.
Ex
2/1,3,4,7
1,3,4,7/2

RaceTrackDaddy
09-14-2013, 07:21 PM
Race 1
Hi Ho Steverino (# 2) 8/5
The track handicapper got this one right. This one is making second start on the double class drop but drew the 8 post in the last start and put in a decent effort. Given the inside post and speed, this is the one to beat.
Wagers
Ex
2/3,4

Tri
2/3,4/all
2/all/3,4

Daily Double
2/2,4,7
2,3,4/2
2/2
____
Stevie gained the control of the race as soon as the gate opened. He was not pushed until the last quarter when the (# 3) came first up and Glass Pack wore him out in less than a quarter mile of pressure. Stevie faded to third.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-14-2013, 07:23 PM
Race 3
Maytime Terror (# 1) 4/1
Seems Brennan had a choice in this race between this one and the (# 2) Hare Craft. I am following the driver here. Really don't know how this one will react on this half mile oval so I have to trust the instincts of the driver.

Wager
Ex
1/3,7,8
3.7.8/1

This one is making his second start in this higher class (Nw 18k last six starts). That race was pretty decent given the post and trip. Now with the inside post this one will have a huge shot at the win.

Wagers
Ex
1/4,5,7
4,5,7/1

RaceTrackDaddy
09-14-2013, 07:38 PM
Race 2
Goban (# 2) 4/1
I might have gone with the (# 1) but recall that the trainer (Jen Sabot) was Luis Pena's girlfriend and George Brennan was their go to driver and George is on a Burke horse. I went with this shipper from north of the border who fared better on this oval than at Pokie. I feel this one is as fast as any and can bring a price at the windows.
Ex
2/1,3,4,7
1,3,4,7/2
Best he could do was second.. have to leave the online world for a while,,but will add the 5th and 6th races before I go...

RaceTrackDaddy
09-14-2013, 07:42 PM
Race 5
Neptune (# 1) 4/1
Looking at this one's pp's I noticed an vast improvement in speed numbers once shipped from Saratoga to Yonkers. Usually those speed numbers are higher at Saratoga than what they achieve here. There is a lot of upside potential in this one as although this one laid off the pace last out, seemed to get stronger as the race went longer. Now this is a 1 1/16 mile race and should fit into this one's wheelhouse. I really love this one's chances.

Wagers
Ex 1,3,5,7
3,5,7/1

I might be totally wrong in my estimation of Aracache Hanover (# 2) as I recall this one having troubles with the smaller ovals in Canada. Seems this one was racing at one of those maritime tracks (half miler) and if my memory is correct, this one will also have trouble in the turns here. Great Vintage gets the call based on past performance lines and speed ratings. Although I am no fan of Larry Stalbaum, I am a fan of Jimmy Takter so I will follow his lead. It seems this one is at his best when on the engine so we will know right off if
this one is live as they leave the gate.

Wager
Win/Place/Show
(# 4)
------------
I added the results for race 2

Ray2000
09-14-2013, 08:14 PM
I'll throw one in here
Yonkers Race 4... Ex and Tri... key Box :2: with :1: :3: :6:

Theseyesrcrying-5/1

GL with your picks

RaceTrackDaddy
09-14-2013, 08:20 PM
Race 3
Maytime Terror (# 1) 4/1
Seems Brennan had a choice in this race between this one and the (# 2) Hare Craft. I am following the driver here. Really don't know how this one will react on this half mile oval so I have to trust the instincts of the driver.

Wager
Ex
1/3,7,8
3.7.8/1

Maytime Terror was bet odd on and left hard. Brennan gave up the lead to the (# 6) with the (# 3) right behind Terror. The (# 4) was fourth and was first up at the half mile juncture and hung the remainder of the mile. The (# 3) had no excuse as that one lost the photo for third. Maybe the race was choked out of him sitting in tight and locked in since the (# 4) went first up with those behind him. Brennan came out in the lane and won easily.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-14-2013, 08:22 PM
I'll throw one in here
Yonkers Race 4... Ex and Tri... key Box :2: with :1: :3: :6:

Theseyesrcrying-5/1

GL with your picks
Welcome aboard Ray! GL to you also my friend.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-14-2013, 08:23 PM
Race 7
Fat Mans Alley (# 1) 5/1
This is one of two that I like but this one has the more favorable post position. Fat Mans Alley has raced well against better and won last out going longer. He is sharp and should be on or near the lead throughout. American Rage (# 6) is the one that I would think is a little fast but is handicapped on this half mile track with his post. He needs to leave to be effective and that just might make him a little short in the lane. Samd Summer (# 5) has done well against lesser and is moving up in class. I love these types as they seem to be under bet. Having Jason Bartlett on board has to help out.

Wager
Ex
1/5,6
5,6/1

Tri
1/5,6/all
5.6/1/all
(I really think the race will end up with a combination of the 1,5,6 but like to use the all to cover my bases)

Wagers
Win/Place/Show
(# 3)

Ex
3/all
all/3

RaceTrackDaddy
09-14-2013, 08:28 PM
[QUOTE=RaceTrackDaddy
Race 4
Sand Benelli (# 1) 8/1
This one is making his second start in this higher class (Nw 18k last six starts). That race was pretty decent given the post and trip. Now with the inside post this one will have a huge shot at the win.

Wagers
Ex
1/4,5,7
4,5,7/1[/QUOTE]
Ray's pick (# 2) wanted the front and my guy, Benelli was not interested in battling early and took the second spot. The second quarter was a pedestrian 30 seconds flat. That breather made sure that the (# 2) was not going to get beat. Sand Benelli was void of any closing speed in the lane and gave up the place spot to the (# 5) who was free on the outer part of the lane.
GREAT CALL RAY!!

RaceTrackDaddy
09-14-2013, 08:33 PM
Race 9
All Speed Hanover (# 5) 6/1
Post position doesn't seem to matter to this front end speedster. Throw out that most recent break with his going up in class. He is back down in class and with that win on the engine going longer, should have enough to handle this field. I really have no feel for the others in here so I will use the all option.

Wagers
Win/Place/Show
(# 5)

Ex
5/all
all/5

I tossed a coin between this one and Sir Melo's Z Tam (# 1) and this one won. The only other in here that has a shot at the win is Drumfire A (# 2). The (# 2) was given a bad post position and turned it into a huge effort as he was strong in the lane to gain third.

Wager
Ex
1,4/1,2,4
1,2,4/1,4

Tri
1,4/1,2,4/all
1,2,4/1,4/all

RaceTrackDaddy
09-14-2013, 08:47 PM
Race 11
Rafferty Hanover (# 4) 5/1
Really don't like this race much but this one has shown some speed against better. His dropping down in class has to help his chances. Seems the public will be all over the (# 1) Flying Instructor. That one seems to be void of any controlling speed so his inside post should not such a favorable position unless he uses it to be sitting fourth or better. Even then he will have to go first up to get into this race. I am hopinig that Brandon Simpson puts this (# 4) on the engine.

Wagers
Win/Place/Show
(# 4)

Ex Bx
1-4

Tri
4/1/all
4/all/1

DD
1,4/3,5

Not only did this one drop down from the Open class with a 46k purse to this nw class, it is also lower than anything he has seen in his recent races at the Hilltop. Major class relief plus major post relief equals an easy win. I fear only Outrageous Art (# 5) driven by Brennan out of the Burke barn. That combination strikes fear in most stables to see Brennan on a Burke horse.

Wager
Ex
3/4,5,6

Tri
3/4,5,6/all

RaceTrackDaddy
09-14-2013, 08:54 PM
Race 5
Neptune (# 1) 4/1
Looking at this one's pp's I noticed an vast improvement in speed numbers once shipped from Saratoga to Yonkers. Usually those speed numbers are higher at Saratoga than what they achieve here. There is a lot of upside potential in this one as although this one laid off the pace last out, seemed to get stronger as the race went longer. Now this is a 1 1/16 mile race and should fit into this one's wheelhouse. I really love this one's chances.

Wagers
Ex 1,3,5,7
3,5,7/1

Left for the lead and let the (# 8) in front and retook on the first time on the backside. The (# 4) came first up before the half and pressured Neptune all the way home. It appeared that the (# 4) was done int the last turn but he was not and eventually got by for the win. No excuse for this one in this race.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-14-2013, 09:18 PM
Race 6
Great Vintage (# 4) 5/1
I might be totally wrong in my estimation of Aracache Hanover (# 2) as I recall this one having troubles with the smaller ovals in Canada. Seems this one was racing at one of those maritime tracks (half miler) and if my memory is correct, this one will also have trouble in the turns here. Great Vintage gets the call based on past performance lines and speed ratings. Although I am no fan of Larry Stalbaum, I am a fan of Jimmy Takter so I will follow his lead. It seems this one is at his best when on the engine so we will know right off if
this one is live as they leave the gate.

Wager
Win/Place/Show
(# 4)
Larry broke out on top and gave way easily to the (# 2) on the way to the half on the backstretch. Larry was happy to be sitting in the pocket and have to say that Great Vintage's head was all over Brennan's helmet most of the time that horse was on the lead. Once they hit the lane, Larry moved to the passing lane and got up with the (# 2) faded to third.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-14-2013, 09:45 PM
Race 7
Fat Mans Alley (# 1) 5/1
This is one of two that I like but this one has the more favorable post position. Fat Mans Alley has raced well against better and won last out going longer. He is sharp and should be on or near the lead throughout. American Rage (# 6) is the one that I would think is a little fast but is handicapped on this half mile track with his post. He needs to leave to be effective and that just might make him a little short in the lane. Samd Summer (# 5) has done well against lesser and is moving up in class. I love these types as they seem to be under bet. Having Jason Bartlett on board has to help out.

Wager
Ex
1/5,6
5,6/1

Tri
1/5,6/all
5.6/1/all
(I really think the race will end up with a combination of the 1,5,6 but like to use the all to cover my bases)

Had to fight off one horse early as Jason wanted the lead and not the pocket. Was pushed hard by first over from fifth (# 6). Eventually wore down to get beat in the lane by the horse he would not let go in the early stages of the race. Prime example of winning the battle and losing the war.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-14-2013, 10:11 PM
Race 8
Bettor's Reward (# 3) 10/1
I have a gut feeling on this one given that this is one of the most evenly balanced fields on the card.

Wagers
Win/Place/Show
(# 3)

Ex
3/all
all/3
Gained the lead over the (# 1) favorite and set easy fraction in the second quarter (30 flat). Was pushed slightly in the third quarter in 29 but did have nothing to offer in the lane when it mattered. Was passed like I-95, past on both sides as they neared the finish line. If only Reward could of held on to second place, it would have been worth it.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-14-2013, 10:36 PM
Race 9
All Speed Hanover (# 5) 6/1
Post position doesn't seem to matter to this front end speedster. Throw out that most recent break with his going up in class. He is back down in class and with that win on the engine going longer, should have enough to handle this field. I really have no feel for the others in here so I will use the all option.

Wagers
Win/Place/Show
(# 5)

Ex
5/all
all/5

Why they kept this one back in sixth place on the start is beyond my comprehension? But as fate would have it, when trying to go first over before the half, got decent cover when the (# 3) went first up. Racing with cover until the top the lane seemed to be too far out of it but once this one got into top gear closed up from fifth to be in a photo for the win at the wire. He won that photo. Bet down to 9/5.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-14-2013, 11:04 PM
Race 10
Saint William A (# 4) 5/1
I tossed a coin between this one and Sir Melo's Z Tam (# 1) and this one won. The only other one in here that has a shot at the win is Drumfire A (# 2). The (# 2) was given a bad post position and turned it into a huge effort as he was strong in the lane to gain third.

Wager
Ex
1,4/1,2,4
1,2,4/1,4

Tri
1,4/1,2,4/all
1,2,4/1,4/all
If you never saw a very bad drive, check out the (# 4) here. Larry Stalbaum refused to close hole with a leader and two others first and second up with a third horse (# 8) being third up heading to the turn. He basically choked his horse about 7/8 of the mile. While the (# 2) held the lead over the (# 1) most of the race, the (# 4) was running over the head of the (# 3) driver sitting in front of him while Larry was in fourth place. Then in the lane when the race has been basically decided, Larry decides to whip his horse. Guys like that need to be whipped back in the paddock. I know it is just hitting the shaft of the bike but it looks bad for the public view. To drive like a thief and then try to make it look like you are trying when in fact, you did not care to hit the board. A good driver would not do such as he did. A great driver would stiff your eyes out but you would swear that the driver was going full tilt. I might be a little more critical on Larry than I should but I hate to see a horse driven in the manner that William was driven tonight. I would rather see him lose being parked the mile in an attempt to gain the lead than I would see him choke the horse for the better part of the mile race.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-14-2013, 11:21 PM
Race 11
Rafferty Hanover (# 4) 5/1
Really don't like this race much but this one has shown some speed against better. His dropping down in class has to help his chances. Seems the public will be all over the (# 1) Flying Instructor. That one seems to be void of any controlling speed so his inside post should not be such a favorable position unless he uses it to be sitting fourth or better. Even then he will have to go first up to get into this race. I am hoping that Brandon Simpson puts this (# 4) on the engine.

Wagers
Win/Place/Show
(# 4)

Ex Bx
1-4

Tri
4/1/all
4/all/1

DD
1,4/3,5

Flying Instructor can race on the engine and that surprised me. Brandon did put the (# 4) on the engine but was hung in the first turn when the (# 2) wanted the front but the (# 1) assumed command early in the turn, then let Brandon on top once they reached the backside for the first time and then retook the lead leaving Brandon in the pocket. Flying Instructor won as he pleased and even with the trip, Brandon and Rafferty Hanover tired to finish up the track in fourth place. Sometimes you get the trip but the horse just didn't have it in him on that night.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-14-2013, 11:39 PM
Race 12
Eighteen (# 3) 3/1
Not only did this one drop down from the Open class with a 46k purse to this nw class, it is also lower than anything he has seen in his recent races at the Hilltop. Major class relief plus major post relief equals an easy win. I fear only Outrageous Art (# 5) driven by Brennan out of the Burke barn. That combination strikes fear in most stables to see Brennan on a Burke horse.

Wager
Ex
3/4,5,6

Tri
3/4,5,6/all
Mark McDonald put Eighteen on the engine gaining the lead over the (# 1) coming out of the first turn. (# 5) was fourth and came out first up before the half and do battle. Well like I stated in an earlier race, This one won the battle with the (# 5) but in the process lost the war (race) due to being worn out holding off the (# 5) for about a half mile.

Think I am ready for Jug Week.

HAPPY JUG WEEK TO ALL and to all a good night.