PDA

View Full Version : Chrome at DRF?

Tom
09-14-2013, 06:07 PM
Anyone use Chrome and try to access Simulcast Daily at DRF?
Not easy task - the stupid drop down window that DRF uses will not move in Chrome, so I cannot get to links I want. Why, in 2013, is there no standard for browsers and websites> IT is absolutely stupid that all browsers will not work on all website. It's like have to have a TV for channels 1-90, another one for 10-199, and third for 200-299.......

I have to use three browsers because not a one of them will do what I want, which is browse, save files, and cut and paste text. IE can't cut and paste, but it has the best save as options, Chrome is fastest, but can't access sites with stupid moving window, and F is just the last resort.

HUSKER55
09-14-2013, 08:00 PM
this whole damn thing is getting out of hand

so.cal.fan
09-14-2013, 08:25 PM
I don't like Chrome...I got a new Verizon smart phone and they try to encourage you to use Chrome...I won't do it.
I'm glad you posted this Tom.....

JustRalph
09-14-2013, 08:25 PM
you're right.....it's a bug........

I can get to it in chrome........but I have to place my cursor at the bottom of the page and move it up very slowly to the link and click......it works....but you have to have a steady hand.............in chrome

so.cal.fan
09-14-2013, 08:29 PM
JR, this is the new Smart Phone I just acquired.. I'm having trouble getting used to it. Will be going to a free Verizon class tomorrow morning.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/Pantech/5943.html

I'm going to use this phone (once I figure it out) for getting racing information, so I sure want to avoid any "bugs".

wilderness
09-14-2013, 11:19 PM
I have to use three browsers because not a one of them will do what I want, which is browse, save files, and cut and paste text. IE can't cut and paste, but it has the best save as options,

Tom,
I find this difficult to believe, however I'll take your word.
I'm not using the current version of IE, however I rarely use IE.

I'd suggest two solutions:
1) Turn off Java, refresh the page and then try copying and pasting.

2) Try the view source option and you should be able to copy anything (portion or complete) that wish, although it will also include the HTML syntax.
a) If you copy all the source code and then paste into Notepad, and upon saving the file. Put the file name in quotes and add the html extension to the end of the file name, then saving to your desired the folder. After that you just open the page with a browser or Notepad,

wilderness
09-14-2013, 11:47 PM
Tom,
See what I get for jumping to conclusions.

Upon opening the Simo page with my older ver IE (8) and viewing the samples?
The samples are in PDF format. Your ability to copy and paste from the PDF format is likely dependent upon what type of PDF reader your using and also the compatibility of the plug-in for the PDF reader in your browser (IE).

Not all PDF's are created equal.
PDF's that are all text and created with a word processor in most instances allow copying and pasting.
PDF's created from IMAGES alone (text may be scanned or created from an image) or PDF's created with a mix of text and images via a processor, do not offer the capability to copy and paste.

In addition, the full version of Acrobat offers security settings which may also prevent booth copying and pasting, and even printing.

Tom
09-15-2013, 10:31 AM
I am trying to copy and past right off the html - like selecting a race from BRIS entries screen of a post from PA....I have fixed it about 4-5 times in the past.
It is a problem that just keeps happening. I am not going to waste anymore time trying to fix this pig of a browser. Not that Chrome of FF are any better. :rolleyes:

jerry-g
09-15-2013, 11:26 AM
For me, I've been carrying on a torrent love affair with Firefox for some time
now. Also for me, IE SUCKS...big time! If you ever want to copy and paste
from any PDF you have to try the free PDF reader I use. It is called:
PDF-Exchange Viewer. Here is some words right out of their own mouths.

Those wishing to View/Modify or perform simple editing and even OCR Image based PDF files on their Windows PC's now have a FREE pdf reader alternative to the Adobe Reader! The PDF-X Change Viewer is smaller, faster and more feature rich than any other FREE PDF Reader/ PDF Viewer/ PDF Editor available.

Oh did I mention, Adobe Acrobat sucks as well.

Here is the Link:

Best PDF Reader, Viewer and Editor (http://www.tracker-software.com/product/pdf-xchange-viewer)

Best of all is it's free and they don't load you up with Crapware. If you
make it your default reader, it will perform with any browser to open
PDF's.

senortout
09-15-2013, 12:07 PM
It works with the latest Chrome browser, just fine. see attached.

Not easy task - the stupid drop down window that DRF uses will not move in Chrome, so I cannot get to links I want. Why, in 2013, is there no standard for browsers and websites> IT is absolutely stupid that all browsers will not work on all website. It's like have to have a TV for channels 1-90, another one for 10-199, and third for 200-299.......

I have to use three browsers because not a one of them will do what I want, which is browse, save files, and cut and paste text. IE can't cut and paste, but it has the best save as options, Chrome is fastest, but can't access sites with stupid moving window, and F is just the last resort.

senortout
09-15-2013, 12:10 PM
of course, that's on a linux box!
12.04 Ubuntu, been using it almost exclusively since I learned to dual-boot it alongside my windows 7, which seldom gets used anymore.

Tom
09-15-2013, 03:46 PM
It works with the latest Chrome browser, just fine. see attached.

That's where it doesn't work.
See my photo - in Sim Daily.

Longshot6977
09-15-2013, 06:37 PM
Not easy task - the stupid drop down window that DRF uses will not move in Chrome, so I cannot get to links I want.

I'm using Win7 with Chrome version 27.0.1453.110 m and it accesses Simulcast Daily fine. Windows scroll properly.

JustRalph
09-17-2013, 09:29 PM
check out this malware warning I just got.........headed over to my Toyota Tundra Forum and got this.........

Longshot6977
09-18-2013, 08:59 AM
check out this malware warning I just got.........headed over to my Toyota Tundra Forum and got this.........

Not sure if you're asking anything here, but check out this link. It describes the warning messages Chrome gives and how to disable ptotection (if needed).

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/99020?hl=en

JustRalph
09-18-2013, 01:48 PM
Not sure if you're asking anything here, but check out this link. It describes the warning messages Chrome gives and how to disable ptotection (if needed).

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/99020?hl=en

I good .....thanks....... :ThmbUp: