PDA

View Full Version : Special Congrats

lamboguy
09-14-2013, 04:38 PM
to our board member Onefast. he just won an allowance race at Belmont in the 6th race with GOSSIP COLUMN. its not easy for us small people to win anywhere let alone in the big leagues at my favorite racetrack Belmont.

i know Brian personally and he is a good man, i wish him many more winners no matter where his horses run.

ManU918
09-14-2013, 04:56 PM
Horse paid $101 and knocked me out of the pick 6 after hitting the first leg which was a $53 animal.

onefast99
09-14-2013, 05:28 PM
to our board member Onefast. he just won an allowance race at Belmont in the 6th race with GOSSIP COLUMN. its not easy for us small people to win anywhere let alone in the big leagues at my favorite racetrack Belmont.

i know Brian personally and he is a good man, i wish him many more winners no matter where his horses run.
Thank you lambo, the horse needed a break we thought he was just going in the wrong direction he went to Hunters Run farm for 2 months and ate grass!Camacho rode him perfectly he didn't get in any trouble and when asked to run in the stretch he reponded well. He is a big good looking gelding who will continue his winning ways!

Grits
09-14-2013, 05:38 PM
Happy for you, FAST.... Congratulations! And Pletcher just won the Noble Damsel with the longest shot on the board, paying $34.

What a day, what a day. What a carryover... ;)

Zydeco
09-14-2013, 05:45 PM
Congrats OneFast!

PaceAdvantage
09-14-2013, 09:26 PM
Congrats onefast99!

iceknight
09-14-2013, 09:47 PM
Congratulations Onefast!!

usedtolovetvg
09-15-2013, 08:14 AM
Congrats. Keep the winners coming.

onefast99
09-15-2013, 08:24 AM
Thank you everyone! I thought the 76 beyer he got was a bit light but thats ok.

PICSIX
09-15-2013, 08:27 AM
Thank you lambo, the horse needed a break we thought he was just going in the wrong direction he went to Hunters Run farm for 2 months and ate grass!Camacho rode him perfectly he didn't get in any trouble and when asked to run in the stretch he reponded well. He is a big good looking gelding who will continue his winning ways!

Congrats! Can I get some of that grass? :lol:

TurfRuler
09-15-2013, 09:02 AM
Instead of Asking a Trainer, just Ask OneFast!

CryingForTheHorses
09-15-2013, 04:31 PM
Thank you everyone! I thought the 76 beyer he got was a bit light but thats ok.

Congrats Brian,Doent matter if it was a 27 beyer...You won!!....Well deserved!!

alhattab
09-15-2013, 07:35 PM

Congrats Brian!

JustRalph
09-15-2013, 07:43 PM
Nice win. Did you cash in? I hope so......

onefast99
09-15-2013, 08:31 PM
[QUOTE=JustRalph]Nice win. Did you cash in? I hope so......[/QUOTE
That seems to be the big question amongst my friends, this was the second year in the past 4 that I have had a horse run on the Jewish Holiday. D'wildride won the owners appreciation day 6f sprint at Parx 3 years ago and Gossip won the first level allowance on Saturday. I didn't attend either one! I do know one of my trainers other owners won over $70,000 on Gossip betting at GP. I will get a Joes Stone Crab dinner from him with dessert(keylime pie)in March when I head down to Florida!

onefast99
09-15-2013, 08:33 PM
Congrats Brian!
Thank you. It was exciting seeing him come from 8th to first that quickly.

nijinski
09-15-2013, 08:34 PM
I hope you were doing this :jump: :jump: :jump:

Congrats Onefast , hope you return to the winners circle again soon.

onefast99
09-15-2013, 08:35 PM
Congrats Brian,Doent matter if it was a 27 beyer...You won!!....Well deserved!!
I did win one once at Fingerlakes with a 37 beyer! I think Lambos horse ran a 35 beyer there recently and won and then a 76 at Presque Isle. I will see you in March Tom stay well!

CincyHorseplayer
09-15-2013, 08:55 PM
Hell yes Onefast.Congrats man.Keep that horse eating the grass and mowin em down!:ThmbUp:

CincyHorseplayer
09-15-2013, 08:59 PM
I just have to add,I love seeing trainers and horsemen/women on here.There are a ton of us out here who view this game as more than readouts and slim pieces of paper.I am an inner city brat that has always loved animals,worked for the zoo as a kid etc,this is my connection to that,you are my window into this world=your input is awesome and I dig it!

onefast99
09-16-2013, 10:11 AM
I just have to add,I love seeing trainers and horsemen/women on here.There are a ton of us out here who view this game as more than readouts and slim pieces of paper.I am an inner city brat that has always loved animals,worked for the zoo as a kid etc,this is my connection to that,you are my window into this world=your input is awesome and I dig it!
I am a small time owner nothing fancy, no million dollar purchases we claim a few breed a few and hope for the best knowing, going into it 10 years ago this October, that this isn't an easy game. I bet like everyone else, I lose like everyone else and when I win its the best feeling in the entire world.

CincyHorseplayer
09-16-2013, 02:47 PM
I am a small time owner nothing fancy, no million dollar purchases we claim a few breed a few and hope for the best knowing, going into it 10 years ago this October, that this isn't an easy game. I bet like everyone else, I lose like everyone else and when I win its the best feeling in the entire world.

You are in the game though.Not many can claim that here!I would love to have horses around me so on Saturday night when we have parties I could go out and give them some drunken hugs!Would do it anyway!I've seen a bunch of horses I have wanted to claim at River Downs.Not quite there yet.You have to know what you are doing and have life set up for it.Even though you are a small fish in a big pond,you are in the game.:ThmbUp:

onefast99
09-16-2013, 03:45 PM
You are in the game though.Not many can claim that here!I would love to have horses around me so on Saturday night when we have parties I could go out and give them some drunken hugs!Would do it anyway!I've seen a bunch of horses I have wanted to claim at River Downs.Not quite there yet.You have to know what you are doing and have life set up for it.Even though you are a small fish in a big pond,you are in the game.:ThmbUp:
Just an FYI some horses are very domesticated and they will love you back like a dog, others are like mountain lions and can't wait to get a good bite in there every once in a while!
The claiming game is fun when you don't expect every horse you claim will move up but when they do its a great feeling!

CincyHorseplayer
09-16-2013, 03:56 PM
Just an FYI some horses are very domesticated and they will love you back like a dog, others are like mountain lions and can't wait to get a good bite in there every once in a while!
The claiming game is fun when you don't expect every horse you claim will move up but when they do its a great feeling!

I don't know what you say from experience but I've seen enough grooms with missing fingers(or ear,1 time!)to know that's a reality.If I was going to claim a horse it would always be the prototype hard knocking,big bodied,guy or gal that is out there for a tag regularly.A horse name Tropical Ice was one.I've seen a few I wanted to have can't think of names off the top though.

brivolta
09-16-2013, 05:10 PM

This is so true. Pretty new to ownership, but three of the four we claimed have moved up very well just with subtle adjustments to training and/or equipment. It's amazing when you see what a difference it can make.
Congrats on your win!

CincyHorseplayer
09-16-2013, 05:28 PM
Did you guys call up Jamie Ness to get the magic oats?He gets them from the same place Jack get's his beans!

Just kidding.Glad to hear both you are having some success.Totally cool.:ThmbUp:

brivolta
09-16-2013, 06:05 PM
Did you guys call up Jamie Ness to get the magic oats?He gets them from the same place Jack get's his beans!

Just kidding.Glad to hear both you are having some success.Totally cool.:ThmbUp:

I know your comment was tongue in cheek, so don't think that I've taken offense. Just want to point out that there is a lot of work that goes into deciding whether to claim or pass. Many people take the approach of claiming favorites with no conditions left and just running them back at or around the same level. To me that's lazy. I like looking for horses with conditions that can be improved on and can run at a higher level than what they've shown. For one thing it's much more gratifying when you see it come to fruition, but more importantly it can be much more profitable.

CincyHorseplayer
09-16-2013, 07:03 PM
I know your comment was tongue in cheek, so don't think that I've taken offense. Just want to point out that there is a lot of work that goes into deciding whether to claim or pass. Many people take the approach of claiming favorites with no conditions left and just running them back at or around the same level. To me that's lazy. I like looking for horses with conditions that can be improved on and can run at a higher level than what they've shown. For one thing it's much more gratifying when you see it come to fruition, but more importantly it can be much more profitable.

Believe me,I know I'm on the outside looking in,and cannot possible fathom the extent of your involvement.I don't even try to.Massive amount of respect for what you guys do from me.I mentioned the Jack and the Beanstalk because it was something I said to the racing form guy.I'll shut my trap on that note.

CryingForTheHorses
09-16-2013, 07:41 PM

You are so right Brian,Everyone including the bettors deserve to win in this game,There is no one saying you cant.To be able to do it takes luck,lots of money and many nervous days,The luck of getting them healthy,Getting them in and then hoping nothing happens during the race.The greatest reward is seeing them win,Really doesnt matter what it was for!!

brivolta
09-16-2013, 07:56 PM
Believe me,I know I'm on the outside looking in,and cannot possible fathom the extent of your involvement.I don't even try to.Massive amount of respect for what you guys do from me.I mentioned the Jack and the Beanstalk because it was something I said to the racing form guy.I'll shut my trap on that note.
No need to "shut your trap". I knew you were just having fun. No harm no foul.

onefast99
09-18-2013, 12:52 PM
Those are some good points. Conditions are the money makers the more that are left the better the chances you have of turning a profit. I like NY breds, GP is loaded with them during the winter meet. You can get a decent one in the 25-50k range and run for 72-82k in purse money at the NYRA tracks. Look at how many NY breds are claimed at GP its a lot.

onefast99
09-18-2013, 12:55 PM
You are so right Brian,Everyone including the bettors deserve to win in this game,There is no one saying you cant.To be able to do it takes luck,lots of money and many nervous days,The luck of getting them healthy,Getting them in and then hoping nothing happens during the race.The greatest reward is seeing them win,Really doesnt matter what it was for!!
I am happy for the wins we get no matter if it is a 5k claimer or a stakes race. You are so right when it comes to the health of the horse you hope they return sound each and every time they race.