PDA

View Full Version : Idiots as Sirrus/.XM screwing up the racing channel -AGAIN

Tom
09-14-2013, 11:08 AM
Moving Byk's show around to make for some DC area non-racing mouthpiece - what a bunch of incompetent losers at S/XM.

Too bad such a good idea of satellite radio is wasted on a group of morons with no idea what they are doing.

098poi
09-14-2013, 11:23 AM
When did they move it too. I only listen to part of the replays the next day and sometimes on line. They are all archived on line for anyone not just subscribers. As far as Sirius is concerned they definitely have some issues. My radio for my car died not long ago so I called them to find out how to get another. They sent me a free one, a cheap one but it works for the car, but cancelling my old account and getting the new account was a more difficult process than it needed to be. They finally got it right, sent me an email with what my CC would be billed and then on my statement I was charged like $44 more than they said. I had to call back 3 times to finally get them to return the charge on my CC. Then yesterday I get a flyer in the mail from them saying how easy it would be to reactivate my old account which is associated with the old radio. My scenario has to be among the most common, radio dead, need new radio. It should have been as simple as 1, 2, 3 but I guess not.

Phantombridgejumpe
09-14-2013, 01:06 PM
Maybe now he can cover a live race or two

Tom
09-14-2013, 04:04 PM
Starts Monday - 10am-1pm.
Replays? Who knows, idiots like those that run S/XM are not capable of planning.
Like today, none of the Saturday morning stuff was on for at least 3 hours, while they play the mindless loop of football commercials.

Gee, a game at 3pm today - better cancel ALL our programming, just incase they start early. Duh

XM - Extreme morons.

I quite them along time ago for totally incompetent programming, but I got a free trial when I got my new car, so I signed up again.........YESTER_FRIIGIN_DAY!

When I cancelled, it took me a while convince the bimbo on the phone that I would not be renewing that radio ever again because the car was totaled and I decided NOT to keep it. Duh. They are not professionals there, they are like
telemarketers, but without the brains.

Tom
09-16-2013, 12:40 PM
Gee, at noon today, HRTV was on, not ATR.
Who would have imagined? :rolleyes:

Pensacola Pete
09-16-2013, 06:30 PM
Okay, stop being cryptic. Tell us what you REALLY think of Sirrius/XM.

Relwob Owner
09-16-2013, 07:04 PM
Moving Byk's show around to make for some DC area non-racing mouthpiece - what a bunch of incompetent losers at S/XM.

Too bad such a good idea of satellite radio is wasted on a group of morons with no idea what they are doing.

Totally agree with you here Tom. It is amazing how poorly the merger was handled overall and what a terrible job they do with their product. What goes around comes around and it will for them when/if Howard Stern(and his listeners) decides not to renew his contract with them.

JustRalph
09-16-2013, 07:05 PM
I gave up SAT radio for many of the reasons Tom talks about.

Constant crap....... schedule changes.......bad service etc......

The last straw was when I bought a two year subscription and they wouldn't let me listen online unless I paid another 4.95 a month.

Steve Byk, if you're out there......take it all online and go with Video!

Tom
09-16-2013, 11:03 PM
As usual, absolutely no information on the XM website - still shows the old schedule.....the morons probably forgot they have a program guide.
I thought there would be some info on Byk's site, but nothing.
Show was definitely not on for replays early, and not on at noon.

Guess no one cares about the show anymore.
I've wasted enough time looking for it.

098poi
09-16-2013, 11:11 PM
This is the page that has all the shows on line.
http://www.thoroughbredracingradionetwork.com/index.php?option=com_events&Itemid=35

DerbyTrail
09-17-2013, 04:43 AM
Moving Byk's show around to make for some DC area non-racing mouthpiece.

Tom (and everyone that tunes in)..

As always, appreciate your long-running support of ATR and hope you'll ultimately like the 10a-1p positioning. The move of the Czaban show to 93/209 was only decided upon Thursday of last week and some of the execution elements are in flux. The 3rd hour of ATR should be restored by Wednesday or Thursday. Morning ATR replays are the one real casualty of the move for now, but the network will either run them same day in the evening or find a different channel to run them the next morning.

Between ATR, HRTV, HRRN and Down the Stretch, SXM has shown commitment to subscribing horseplayers. There is a limit to the bandwith and channel capacity on the 2 dials and lineups are in constant flux with some corporate partnerships occasionally causing conflicts. I moved to the mornings a few years ago and after initial concern, it worked out great. 10a-1p may be an ideal slot for ATR for a variety of reasons. I know these moves are annoying to listeners and ask that everyone give them a chance to smooth out. And for those displaced by the changes, remember every minute of the show is available on stream, podcast and archive at the website.

Thanks for the understanding and support..
Steve

Tom
09-17-2013, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the heads up, Steve.
This morning, at 6:30 they have the same show on both 208 and 209.:bang:

bucksboy
09-19-2013, 05:37 PM
I always listen to the races on my drive home from work (209). Today
they have some marble mouth talking about baseball schedules. He was on 5
channels. I listen to Steve every morning on the way to work and I can't
find him either. If this has something to do with Obamacare I'm going to
be really pissed off. If anyone finds out were the races went, could they let me know. Many thanks..

Tom
09-19-2013, 09:55 PM
No replay in the morning - no ATR from noon-1 on 209.....now, now HHRN at 4pm anymore. Getting worse each day.
Multiple channels with the same sports-moron every morning.....every morning and at noon, at least 20-30 channles with NOTHING on them.

Must be the guy with the functioning brain at S/XM is on vacation.Or ran away from the flood of incompetence.

This is not rocket science, unless you have no clue like the pea-brains at S/XM.

Tom
09-19-2013, 10:16 PM
Maybe the answer is to inundate them with emails complaining and threatening to cancel subscriptions, and hope to hell they eventually hire someone who can read.

Longshot6977
09-19-2013, 11:17 PM
Maybe the answer is to inundate them with emails complaining and threatening to cancel subscriptions, and hope to hell they eventually hire someone who can read.

Well, while you're bashing S/XM, I'm a little jealous so I'll join in.
I hate that I have to listen to commercials on a paid service like this. I mean, I am already paying extra for the service, so I don't want to listen to any silly ads, especially on channels like Stern's where we pay an 'additional' extra fee.

I was hit with about $100 charge on my CC for 6 additional months back in January. I called Sirius to complain and they gave me 1 full year additional for $3. That's three bucks! Because I threatened to cancel.

I liked Steve's ATR show when it was on 6a-9a a few years ago since I listened during my work commute. Great show Steve! But there's never an announcement or e-mail to alert the listeners of the new show times. This goes for any satellite program. They just do a Subscription Update when you turn the radio on without any info on why/what is being changed. S/XM must not care too much after they receive their subscription monies.

Sirius and XM really didn't 'merge'. The channels are different with different programming and channel lineups depending on what your new car dealer carries. It should all be the same and be transparent to the listener. Why is S channel 93 same as XM209? Should be one channel number with same lineup. Why make it confusing for the customers?

OK, I feel better now, lol. See what you started Tom.:)