PDA

View Full Version : Meadows Live Friday, Sep 13th

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 07:53 PM
Sorry I am late, got stuck at the store and forgot that the local HS has a home football game. Bad timing I guess..

Here we go:
Race 4
Resistance Futile (# 4) 5/2
THis one wired them with ease last out at Philly (formerly known as Chester). He will be hard to beat on this track. Underneathe I am using Dew N Doughnuts,Johns Polyview and and Normandy Invasion.
Ex
4/2,5,7

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 08:03 PM
Sorry I am late, got stuck at the store and forgot that the local HS has a home football game. Bad timing I guess..

Here we go:
Race 4
Resistance Futile (# 4) 5/2
THis one wired them with ease last out at Philly (formerly known as Chester). He will be hard to beat on this track. Underneathe I am using Dew N Doughnuts,Johns Polyview and and Normandy Invasion.
Ex
4/2,5,7
Palone tried to wire Futile but Pierce had a lot in his horse, Apprentice Hanover, when he went first up and battled till Palone found out that winning was like his horse's name, futile.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 08:08 PM
Race 5
Creative (# 3) 3/1
I have been all over this one since he raced against Dontyourforgetit at the Red Mile as a two year old. This horse can trot like the best of them and did win a elim in the Hambo. Under this one I went with the (# 5) Picture This and the (# 7) Win of the North
Wagers
Ex
3/5,7
Tri
3/5,7/5,7

-----------------------------------

Race 6
Classic Martine (# 4) 5/2
This one appears to be the odds on favorite. Winner of 7 this year out of 13 starts and over $300k in earnings this year. This one will be on the engine. I just hope this track will hold up its speed. On the first day back from the layoff to redo the track, the speed was holding up all day. Then after our first rain, the track was playing to closers. We will see.
Wagers
Ex
4/2,8
2,8/4

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 08:17 PM
Race 8
Novascotia Hanover (# 2) 9/2
Love this one as Virgil Morgan's stable has gotten red hot. This one has always been in the running no matter the trip all season. Morgan and MIller have a history of racing huge in race finals. I caught their mare Chotat Milk in the Mistletoe Shalle earlier this decade.
Wager
Ex
2/3,5
3,5/2

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 08:22 PM
Race 5

Creatine (# 3) 3/1
I have been all over this one since he raced against Dontyourforgetit at the Red Mile as a two year old. This horse can trot like the best of them and did win a elim in the Hambo. Under this one I went with the (# 5) Picture This and the (# 7) Win of the North
Wagers
Ex
3/5,7
Tri
3/5,7/5,7

One dominant performance by Creatine . The (# 7) was second over and cleared coming out of the last turn after the winner left the field to race for second. The (# 5) was racing third along the pylons and tried to come out instead of waiting for the passing lane and was blocked from going forward.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 08:28 PM
Race 9
Aperfectyankee (# 2) 3/1
Liked this one since I caught him at the Big M as a two year old in the Pen v Chip contest by Hana Harness. Once this boy gets on top, he rarely gives it up. He really has early speed although the lines are void of it in this past performance lines. If I was Jim Oscarsson, I would roll him like Creatine did earlier on tonight's race card.
Wager
Ex
2/3,6
3,6/2

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 08:33 PM
Race 10
Dedi's Dragon (# 5) 9/2
This one appears to be a little below the others in here (in the race form) but this track is the home of the Burke stable and Palone. Not having to travel and having the equipment rigged to this surface since they redid it, will have a big factor on this race. I feel the connections will have this one in tip top shape.
Wagers
Ex
5/4,1
4,1/5

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 08:40 PM
Race 11
Liz (# 3) 4/1
Loved this one but did not expect the girl to be placed on the engine. She just tired late to finish second. Given that is was her second start from the layoff and the track not available for training, she did very well and should go forward having run that race.
Wagers
Ex
3/2,6
2,6/3

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 08:53 PM
Race 6
Classic Martine (# 4) 5/2
This one appears to be the odds on favorite. Winner of 7 this year out of 13 starts and over $300k in earnings this year. This one will be on the engine. I just hope this track will hold up its speed. On the first day back from the layoff to redo the track, the speed was holding up all day. Then after our first rain, the track was playing to closers. We will see.
Wagers
Ex
4/2,8
2,8/4
This one took a pocket trip behind the (# 8) who took on all comers. The (# 4) came out in the lane and finished strong to be in a photo finish with the (# 8). Glad I went both ways with this one. The (# 2) was behind the (# 4) most of the race but nearing the lane, was losing steam and broke. It ended up a dead heat for win. Both horses trained by Chris Oaks, taking down 75 percent of the $260k purse.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 08:58 PM
Race 12
Greathallofchina (# 3) 3/1
I was betting this one when entered last but made more money per start than the conditions allowed and had to be scratched. Having an extra week to train on this new surface leads me back to her even though entered in a higher class. When she is at her best, she races on or near the front end.
Wagers
Ex
3/5,8
5,8/3

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 09:05 PM
Race 13
Ruler's Best (# 3) 5/2
I am going with trip handicapping here. I feel this one will be sitting in the two hole right behind Jet Wash (# 9). I see this one coming out early and assuming the lead and leaving Palone and Jet Wash in the pocket.
Wager
Ex
3/6,9
6,9/3

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 09:08 PM
Wow,,,, I missed posting the 7th race.
Sorry....just noticed it and they are going to post..I would of given out 2-8-10

cecil127
09-13-2013, 09:13 PM
Race 11
Liz (# 3) 4/1
Loved this one but did not expect the girl to be placed on the engine. She just tired late to finish second. Given that is was her second start from the layoff and the track not available for training, she did very well and should go forward having run that race.
Wagers
Ex
3/2,6
2,6/3

my only other wager was Frau Blucher to win tonight....
also like Liz to get to the wire first:ThmbUp:

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 09:15 PM
Race 14
Shared Past (# 8) 5/2
This one was racing in the Simcoe at Mohawk and now is racing in Nw 5 lifetime or Nw $25k. Who ever set the morning line at 5/2 should be whipped. If there ever was a 3/5 morning line entrant, this is the one. Burke trained, Palone driven entrant coming to knife carrying a bazooka.
Wager
Ex
8/3,5

Tri
8/3,5/all
8/all/3,5

DD
3,5,8/2

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 09:22 PM
Race 15
E R Ellie (# 2) 5/2 Best Bet
Tyler Stillings drove this one last out in a manner that would be if one did not train a horse and was using the race as a training mile. I know, because I bet this one. I have to admit that Ellie had a lot of trot after the wire so she should win easy tonight.
I just wish the Meadows had the 10 cent super as I would key wheel her with all/all/all if they did. I will avoid betting supers here until they bring it in.

Wagers
Win

Ex
2/all

Tri
2/5,7/all
2/all/5,7 (even with the 35% retention rate, do believe there is money to be made on this race even with a return of 65 cents on a dollar)

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 09:33 PM
Race 8
Novascotia Hanover (# 2) 9/2
Love this one as Virgil Morgan's stable has gotten red hot. This one has always been in the running no matter the trip all season. Morgan and MIller have a history of racing huge in race finals. I caught their mare Chotat Milk in the Mistletoe Shalle earlier this decade.
Wager
Ex
2/3,5
3,5/2
Miller decided to sit in the three hole with Montrell Teague on the lead. Well, Montrell backed the half in 56:1 (for this class of horse, it was a slow enough half). Miller came out of the three hole first up with Palone on the (# 4) second over. Miller engaged the favorite and tired but wore out the favorite enough that Palone came down the lane to win the race.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 09:35 PM
my only other wager was Frau Blucher to win tonight....
also like Liz to get to the wire first:ThmbUp:
Best wishes to you and Liz!

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 09:55 PM
Race 9
Aperfectyankee (# 2) 3/1
Liked this one since I caught him at the Big M as a two year old in the Pen v Chip contest by Hana Harness. Once this boy gets on top, he rarely gives it up. He really has early speed although the lines are void of it in this past performance lines. If I was Jim Oscarsson, I would roll him like Creatine did earlier on tonight's race card.
Wager
Ex
2/3,6
3,6/2
Why these drivers will not leave and take a two hole trip instead opt out of going first over against the odds on favorite leads me to believe that a catch driver would of been better than having Oscarsson up in the bike. It was the difference of ending up in 1st/2nd place check or ending up with a 5th place check like Oscarsson (who owns, trains and drives) will get. Ego is costing this guy some serious coin.

cmp92
09-13-2013, 09:59 PM
This one took a pocket trip behind the (# 8) who took on all comers. The (# 4) came out in the lane and finished strong to be in a photo finish with the (# 8). Glad I went both ways with this one. The (# 2) was behind the (# 4) most of the race but nearing the lane, was losing steam and broke. It ended up a dead heat for win. Both horses trained by Chris Oaks, taking down 75 percent of the $260k purse.
Had this. Dead heat obviously killed the price on the :4:

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 10:18 PM
Race 10
Dedi's Dragon (# 5) 9/2
This one appears to be a little below the others in here (in the race form) but this track is the home of the Burke stable and Palone. Not having to travel and having the equipment rigged to this surface since they redid it, will have a big factor on this race. I feel the connections will have this one in tip top shape.
Wagers
Ex
5/4,1
4,1/5
My fault totally as I missed that Yannick Gingras was on board and not Palone. Palone would of taken a two trip but Yannick made a quarter pole move from second to try to wire them and tired in the lane. I guess I so used to see a Burke horse with Palone I did not notice that Yannick was aboard. Sorry.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 10:34 PM
Race 11
Liz (# 3) 4/1
Wagers
Ex
3/2,6
2,6/3
Palone decided not to leave and sat in sixth place screwing up my trip handicappping. Palone went first over in the old Adios Room turn (second turn heading to the half mile pole) and cleared after going three wide on the backside passing up the (# 6) who tired on the lead being pushed the whole way. Mike Wilder, like he does on the golf course, followed Palone around the track to gain the place.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 10:53 PM
Race 12
Greathallofchina (# 3) 3/1
I was betting this one when entered last but made more money per start than the conditions allowed and had to be scratched. Having an extra week to train on this new surface leads me back to her even though entered in a higher class. When she is at her best, she races on or near the front end.
Wagers
Ex
3/5,8
5,8/3
The (# 8) gained the lead and the (# 3) sat third. Greathallofchina went first up from third near the three quarter pole and battled the leader (# 8) to the wire gaining the lead past mid stretch. The (# 5) caught the third spot on the ticket.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 11:08 PM
Race 13
Ruler's Best (# 3) 5/2
I am going with trip handicapping here. I feel this one will be sitting in the two hole right behind Jet Wash (# 9). I see this one coming out early and assuming the lead and leaving Palone and Jet Wash in the pocket.
Wager
Ex
3/6,9
6,9/3
Palone went out for the lead but Merriman decided to sit back in 6th place. Instead of the two hole and Palone letting him go early at the qtr pole, he had to go first over from 6th place in the second turn heading to the half mile pole. Once he encountered Palone, Dave could not let him go so they battled to the top of the lane and Merriman won the battle but lost the war as those two backed up to finish off the board. Ruler's Best finished 5th or 6th. Palone even farther back.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 11:27 PM
Race 14
Shared Past (# 8) 5/2
This one was racing in the Simcoe at Mohawk and now is racing in Nw 5 lifetime or Nw $25k. Who ever set the morning line at 5/2 should be whipped. If there ever was a 3/5 morning line entrant, this is the one. Burke trained, Palone driven entrant coming to knife carrying a bazooka.
Wager
Ex
8/3,5

Tri
8/3,5/all
8/all/3,5

DD
3,5,8/2
Shared Past toyed with the field while the (# 3) went as the sacrificial lamb going first up and breaking in the lane. The (# 5) laid off the pace and closed late up the passing lane to catch the third spot completing the trifecta wager. Surprised the (# 5) paid $11 to show.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 11:42 PM
Race 15
E R Ellie (# 2) 5/2 Best Bet
Tyler Stillings drove this one last out in a manner that would be if one did not train a horse and was using the race as a training mile. I know, because I bet this one. I have to admit that Ellie had a lot of trot after the wire so she should win easy tonight.
I just wish the Meadows had the 10 cent super as I would key wheel her with all/all/all if they did. I will avoid betting supers here until they bring it in.

Wagers
Win

Ex
2/all

Tri
2/5,7/all
2/all/5,7 (even with the 35% retention rate, do believe there is money to be made on this race even with a return of 65 cents on a dollar)
Tyler left and let the (# 7) have the lead with the (# 9) coming then Tyler tipped when the Nine hit the lead in front of the clubhouse. Soon after gaining the lead, Tyler relented the lead to the first over horse (# 4) and sat the pocket till the lane and had no answer as Tyler and Ellie finished second. It actually appeared as if he had trouble steering early in the lane and had to resettle his girl and then go after the leader. Really don't know if there was a problem with the bike, equipment or if the horse was short. Bottom line she lost.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 11:47 PM
I had fun and hope anyone who viewed this feels the same.

The Meadows had a handicapping contest tonight but they will announce the winner on Monday afternoon. I never heard of such a thing leaving the public without knowing the leader-board or who was even in this contest (I heard it was rewards club members).... seeing how it is the Meadows, I would have expected such. Over my years at the Meadows, the term "Meadows Management" has become to be referred to as a prime example of an "oxymoron".

LottaKash
09-14-2013, 01:02 AM

Daddy, I did have fun looking in, off and on, at your adventure tonite at Mea....In fact I always take a peek at whatever you are doing, tho, I don't ever say as much...

Keep on RTD...:jump:

cecil127
09-14-2013, 02:19 PM

The Meadows had a handicapping contest tonight but they will announce the winner on Monday afternoon. I never heard of such a thing leaving the public without knowing the leader-board or who was even in this contest (I heard it was rewards club members).... seeing how it is the Meadows, I would have expected such. Over my years at the Meadows, the term "Meadows Management" has become to be referred to as a prime example of an "oxymoron".

always a pleasure reading your picks/thoughts RTD!:ThmbUp:

as for mgmt. and their ways: it just keeps getting stranger and stranger.:ThmbDown:

RaceTrackDaddy
09-14-2013, 02:21 PM
Daddy, I did have fun looking in, off and on, at your adventure tonite at Mea....In fact I always take a peek at whatever you are doing, tho, I don't ever say as much...

Keep on RTD...:jump:
Thank you Kash...think I might head back to the half mile track tonight...will toss a coin between Yonkers/Northfield who will take on the winner with Maywood/Redshores (think Redshores is a half mile but not sure)...see ya tonight

RaceTrackDaddy
09-14-2013, 02:35 PM
Thank you Kash...think I might head back to the half mile track tonight...will toss a coin between Yonkers/Northfield who will take on the winner with Maywood/Redshores (think Redshores is a half mile but not sure)...see ya tonight
I used to think that Balmoral and Maywood both raced on Saturday nights but apparently my trackmaster does not have a May pp so I think they are dark I did not see Redshores listed on the list either...so the coin toss ended up between the hilltop and the lake.....Hilltop was heads so tonight I will be at Yonkers Live....

RaceTrackDaddy
09-14-2013, 02:40 PM
always a pleasure reading your picks/thoughts RTD!:ThmbUp:

as for mgmt. and their ways: it just keeps getting stranger and stranger.:ThmbDown:
Thank you...did you ever get an answer to your question on why it is not called a superfector??? I always wondered that too...